Thread: General Dreamcast Game Mod Stuff

Thanks
    EP Points

Default General Dreamcast Game Mod Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    I want to add more just not finding the time to do so at the moment, I also want to include some ofd the Dreamcast stuff I have done aswell
    oooooooooooooooo What Dreamcast stuff have you done?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-January-2007 at 11:34.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just playin mostly but have played round with web based CD's adding saves movies guides and full none rip games.

Also re-ripped the few none self booting games into selfbooting aswell as hacked many to work in VGA mode (the VGA hacks are so easy though)

Wasn't too long ago I made a nice Doom collection full of mods, just the PC port version though but worked out very well.

... Was gunna post the details up for the DooM Collection but my old post have gone with the details, but it had all DooM versions aswell as Quake and Rise of the Triad

The mods had all been full 32 level mods with the exception of a few that I modded again so they played through correctly on the Dreamcast. (The mods would switch to norm levels instead of ending if they didn't replace all the levels, so to fix that I had to add dummy levels)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-January-2007 at 10:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Just playin mostly but have played round with web based CD's adding saves movies guides and full none rip games.

Also re-ripped the few none self booting games into selfbooting aswell as hacked many to work in VGA mode (the VGA hacks are so easy though)

Wasn't too long ago I made a nice Doom collection full of mods, just the PC port version though but worked out very well.

... Was gunna post the details up for the DooM Collection but my old post have gone with the details, but it had all DooM versions aswell as Quake and Rise of the Triad

The mods had all been full 32 level mods with the exception of a few that I modded again so they played through correctly on the Dreamcast. (The mods would switch to norm levels instead of ending if they didn't replace all the levels, so to fix that I had to add dummy levels)
    Selfbooting games ain't hard. I've selfbooted A LOT of my games (I downloaded them from original RAR's, so the Kalisto ones were BIN/CUE) I've got something quite rare though...Worms Armageddon selfboot 80 minute. I didn't make it though, I also just overburnt Tony Hawks Pro Skater to an 80 minute CDR.

I've never tried the multi game discs...Mainly because I wouldn't have a clue where to start, SBI doesn't work for commercial games. I've made a few Bleem!Cast games though..Without CDDA, which is quite ghey...Well that's about all I've done for the Dreamcast.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Multigame CD's can be done through the Web browser but the selfbooting method gets a little complicated and doesn't work exactly the same, only for the first exec file the others need hacking slightly differently, don't remember how that was done off the top of my head but it's not as hard as it sounds specially if your used to hacking the IP and main exec anyway for selfboot.

Don't have any none selfbooting games.

SBI is still great even just for ports and emulators and you can mod SBI a hell of alot and make it look like whatever you like, so it no longer looks like the standard SBI skins... wish I still had the shots on here... nevermind

Never tried homebrew through the web browser... wonder if that actually works or not.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-January-2007 at 11:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm I use the newb toolz like Bin2boot to hack the games into Selfboot
    So I've never really haxxed them. Games without the IP.BIN I can't selfboot without modifying, so I just burn them to a CDR as nonselfboot.
    I've seen what you can do with SBI, like that Neo4all disc I uploaded, the skins etc were completely pimped, I just cannot get it to work for me.