Page 91 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41818687888990919293949596101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1539

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SMERK View Post
    So wii is has come to an end, but there is a lot of lost treasures and undiscovered games out there.
    I am relatively new to Wii, I love it, Homebrew and emulators they are Fantastic.
    but i feel there is alot i'm missing out on, Any Suggestions?
    This:
    Spoiler warning:
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SMERK View Post
    So wii is has come to an end, but there is a lot of lost treasures and undiscovered games out there.
    I am relatively new to Wii, I love it, Homebrew and emulators they are Fantastic.
    but i feel there is alot i'm missing out on, Any Suggestions?
    If your looking for a shorter list of MUST haves I can try and narrow it down a bit more. Out of the ones Ragnar listed the Nintendo first party ones are obvious gets, with the exception of maybe 'Other M'. I'll up-vote some of the third party musts for some of the other categories he listed:

'Rayman Origins' and 'Boy and his blob' in Platformers.

Don't miss Last Story, XenoBlade or Rune Factory Frontier in RPG's.

Don't miss Tatsunoku vs Capcom in Fighters (if you have someone to play against).

Don't miss Sin and Punishment in rail shooters. Excite Truck in sports/racers.

Broken Sword !!!!!!!!!! in 'Point and Click' was great.

In the 'PARTY' section, I all ready said all first party but be sure to get Wario Smooth Moves if your actually playing on a Wii with motion controls.

...but really the Galaxy games and the Zelda games are the biggest draws for some one new to Wii. Your so lucky if you get to play all those on a row.

Trying to choose a Final Fantasy VI SNES rom...there are two listed a normal 'USA' one and another called 'REV A' . Was this like an official revision to the translation? Or a fan made revision? Which one should I get?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 29th-March-2015 at 01:26. Reason: please, don't double post

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Graig7777 For This Useful Post:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Graig7777 View Post
    Trying to choose a Final Fantasy VI SNES rom...there are two listed a normal 'USA' one and another called 'REV A' . Was this like an official revision to the translation? Or a fan made revision? Which one should I get?
    I highly suggest this,

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386/
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yea awesome ive played a few, but now my list is getting bigger

Im not sure about the "REV A" stuff have you tried google? haha, and i have used "REV A" before and can't recall it making any noticeable difference

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Graig7777 View Post
    I highly suggest this,

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386/
    REV A would be the official revision I'd think. Early copies of FF3 had some bugs in them, I forget exactly what, I think the most common thing was the Relm sketch bugs. The rerelease fixed stuff, but IIRC broke some other stuff, like some cursed armor you could de-curse to make one of the best armors in the game didn't work anymore. I think most people prefer to play the first version because the sketch bug could be abused and stuff.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Default What should I play :D

I just got a laptop about 2 weeks ago secondhand its a little old but it has a i5 processor, 4gb ram and a nividia Geforce GT420M. what games do you think would be good. Do you think it could handle final fantasy 12?
    Any info or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks

I wanted a list of great games that have come out for Dolphin emulator.

Its a little light on ram depends on the i5. Graphics card is blah.

There was a remake of 6 with cinematics that came out for playstation same game just some cool cinematics. You may want to look at that as well.

Crisis Core
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 25th-June-2015 at 10:35. Reason: multiple posting in a row isn't allowed, use the EDIT POST button.

Thanks

Hey, can someone upload the game called 'Milano No Arubaito'

Here's the link which leads to the video gameplay.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ooOhqq8riE

Hope anyone of you played this game in childhood. It's such a reminiscing game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by azharradiany View Post
    Hey, can someone upload the game called 'Milano No Arubaito'

Here's the link which leads to the video gameplay.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ooOhqq8riE

Hope anyone of you played this game in childhood. It's such a reminiscing game.
    Please, use the requests threads stuck in the Upload Services subsections, that's the right way to request any game

Thanks
    EP Points

OK, I know people asked this thousand of times, but I never played any of the Final Fantasy games and I think it's time to taste that. I'm not that big RPG fan (though I enjoy Pokemon), but even though I want to give it a chance.

I heard that Final Fantasy VII for the PS1 is like the best one (please don't kill me if I'm wrong), so I don't know if I shoud start from that one, or shoud I start from the beginning?

Anyway, I'm open for any suggestions..

Thanks
    EP Points

FF7 is not the best one. It's many peoples *first* one, so it became their favorite and the most popular one. But it's not an objective opinion. 6, 9 and 13 would be the "best" entries, but wouldn't be where you should start. If at all possible play them in release order, that's always the best way to enjoy a series. If you don't want want to play NES games FF 1 2 and 3 got PSP ports, which are the best versions of them (3 also got a DS port, which is different). If you find FF1 boring, I'd suggest just jumping to FF13. Half the FF fanbase thinks it's a terrible game, but it's the most current and still a decent game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I'd like to point out that 6, 9 and 13 being the "best ones" is also a subjective opinion

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Marin View Post
    OK, I know people asked this thousand of times, but I never played any of the Final Fantasy games and I think it's time to taste that. I'm not that big RPG fan (though I enjoy Pokemon), but even though I want to give it a chance.

I heard that Final Fantasy VII for the PS1 is like the best one (please don't kill me if I'm wrong), so I don't know if I shoud start from that one, or shoud I start from the beginning?

Yeah you'll never get any two people to agree on which FF game is the best or which to start with. Best thing to do is just look up all the games and find one that sounds the most interesting/fun for you and simply play it. There's really no need to play them in order as they are mostly stand alone games except for FFX/2 and FF13/2.

Also FF13 is a pile poop

Thanks

Default Which final fantasy to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Marin View Post

I agree with the above post 7 is not the best I could easily argue 10 was or even 6. Since you enjoyed pokemon your going to love the mini game of blitzball. There are random characters in the game who you can contract for you team and constantly improve you team. As for where to start.. If you want old school graphics 6 would be my choice. Kefka was probably the most evil game sprite that was ever created. It has a shit ton of characters to make team from. You actually can have a moogle on the team. Then possible play seven, eight, I freaking hated 9 you might want to go to 10 after that. ( 9 was dumbed down to pull another generation of young players into the market. It was very kid like.) You might like nine though a lot did. Many people didn't like eight frankly i loved it. The remake of four is also quite good I've heard but I actually had the japanese one for snes So I never picked it up. You may want to grab Secrets of Mana too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Cool, I think I have enough information for now, thanks for the suggestions everybody.

I didn't knew that you can play first three games on a PSP, and I should definitely check that out.

As for the other games in the series, we will se how that works in the future..