Page 87 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1539

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    The Souls games. Demons Souls, Dark souls.
    Only problem with those is they aren't proper mp games imo, there are restrictions of sorts. It kinda wrecks the games to the point where I just play offline all the time.

Also, with Demon's Souls there are different versions which are incompatible with each other afaik. NA can't play with Euro etc. Different servers for different regions.

Online was pretty dead when I played it quite recently (EUR version). Did see some players but pretty much all invaders.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-July-2014 at 08:03.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Only problem with those is they aren't proper mp games imo, there are restrictions of sorts. It kinda wrecks the games to the point where I just play offline all the time.

Theres always COD

Oh and Gran Turismo %))))

Thanks
    EP Points

Theres always COD

Oh and Gran Turismo %))))
    Haven't played them on PS3, but I think he was asking about sort of open world rpg and/or shooters.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Dead Island has online co-op. You can restrict public slots if you want, search for and join other games. Has guns and melee. I played it quite recently and it didn't seem dead online
    That was the first game I bought for PS3. It was engrossing and disturbing. I found myself feeling horrified while not playing because of crushing/severing the head of every body you walk past so that they don't sneak up behind you. Absolutely awesome game, until somebody dropped a revolver on the ground, started firing their rifle at it, and had me pick it up. 35k+ damage per shot and corpses left burning kind of killed the tension.

The Souls games. Demons Souls, Dark souls.
    GTA 4/5
    Sleeping Dogs wasn't too bad either.
    3rd person for those though.
    Fallout 3/Vegas
    Hmm. Sleeping dogs looked a lot like a GTA game. Is it much different, and how so? I'm not completely opposed to the genre as long as it has something to make it interesting, like a sick sense of humor XD

I have heard Fallout games compared to Elder Scrolls without the scenery. Not that I enjoyed the scenery in Skyrim much. Too much snow. I live in Minnesota where there is snow on the ground 7 months of the year :s Any thoughts on Fallout being more/less fun than Elder Scrolls? Do they still have the character creation and skills similar to Fallout 1 and 2? Or involved leveling system like Morrowind/Oblivion? I like this kind of thing as it can give a more mental aspect to a FPS style game.

And any info on gameplay style of the Souls games? As I said I can enjoy a single player campaign game if it pulls me in. I played halfway through Dead Island as the rapper before I connected to any multi-player and I loved the solo play.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-July-2014 at 09:40. Reason: merged posts

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah the Fallout games are good but be warned that Beth games can be unreliable on PS3.

Souls games I guess are really solo games, but with invasions and summoning. Look it up to understand what I'm talking about. It can be a pain in the arse because these games aren't very easy. I played through Demon's Souls ok with no assistance, but stalled on NG+ (still haven't done everything for all the trophies). Dark souls well I played that solo on 360 and gave up trying to defeat a certain boss duo. It had more to do with my character build than anything else.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-July-2014 at 09:44.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

When you say unreliable, do you mean that they will crash the console? And if so can they damage the PS3 or just need to reset it occasionally?
    I was just about to edit those posts together.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    When you say unreliable, do you mean that they will crash the console? And if so can they damage the PS3 or just need to reset it occasionally?
    I was just about to edit those posts together.
    Crashes, locking up your console, save files get bloated and your game suffers. These work better on 360 and PC, and Oblivion has more DLC on the other platforms too iirc, I can't remember about the other games though. I have all the Beth games for 360 and they work fine, you see the odd glitch and maybe the game would freeze rarely but they work ok no matter how large your save file gets. The games were designed for PC and had to be dumbed down for consoles, and the PS3 suffers because of its design (memory in particular).

Edit:
    The Souls games are probably worth a look. They can be tough and involve grinding but are very addictive. I do recommend you do some reading as the games themselves come with virtually no instructions that are of any use gameplay wise I also recommend you start with Demon's Souls, it's cheap on Euro PS+ atm but dunno how much it is on NA.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-July-2014 at 10:04.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

That was the first game I bought for PS3. It was engrossing and disturbing. I found myself feeling horrified while not playing because of crushing/severing the head of every body you walk past so that they don't sneak up behind you. Absolutely awesome game, until somebody dropped a revolver on the ground, started firing their rifle at it, and had me pick it up. 35k+ damage per shot and corpses left burning kind of killed the tension.

Hmm. Sleeping dogs looked a lot like a GTA game. Is it much different, and how so? I'm not completely opposed to the genre as long as it has something to make it interesting, like a sick sense of humor XD

I have heard Fallout games compared to Elder Scrolls without the scenery. Not that I enjoyed the scenery in Skyrim much. Too much snow. I live in Minnesota where there is snow on the ground 7 months of the year :s Any thoughts on Fallout being more/less fun than Elder Scrolls? Do they still have the character creation and skills similar to Fallout 1 and 2? Or involved leveling system like Morrowind/Oblivion? I like this kind of thing as it can give a more mental aspect to a FPS style game.

And any info on gameplay style of the Souls games? As I said I can enjoy a single player campaign game if it pulls me in. I played halfway through Dead Island as the rapper before I connected to any multi-player and I loved the solo play.
    Yeah Sleeping dogs is very similar. There's more emphasis on hand to hand fighting and it's done pretty well. And it's not as big. Smaller map and a little more restrictive for example you can't just hop over any fence or bush and run through someones backyard sort of deal. No aircraft to fly. But the driving was fun. All in all it's a fun and easy relaxing play through. I got the Plat in 4 days.

The Souls games I think open up a bit more the newer the game as I understand it (more open world) Only played Demons myself. And yeah it's a tricky game when just starting out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GF went out today and bought me Mass Effect 2 and 3. I've not played 3 but I hope all the crap about the ending I heard has been fixed. And Star Wars: Force Unleashed so hopefully I will have some fun with these while I try to find some cheap US copies of these other games. And I think I'm going to turn off the option on Dead Island to make enemies match your level so it should be a bit easier. Have a lovely day, folks.

Thanks
    EP Points

And I think I'm going to turn off the option on Dead Island to make enemies match your level so it should be a bit easier. Have a lovely day, folks.
    I have a level 54 Sam B character and I can ruin your game with an explosive shotgun Add me.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Cheerio folks

I´ve been playing Jade Cocoon recently.
    And it´s kinda sad that the Infinite Forest is truly... infinite
    Despite that... Its just fun to fuse monsters and I´m always curious what the summary may look like.
    (Try to fuse a wolf with a spider with a dragon and with a bee. multiple times. Only to mess it up with a kangaroo)
    There are just infinite combining possiblities and I love it <3

So, I´ve been wondering if there are similiar games on PSone using the exact same gameplay mechanic? :/
    Can you please help me out?
    Thanks

bai-bai

(nyan-law says: typos are meant to be funny)

Thanks

Default Silent Hill 3 japan, eu or us version?

Hello World,

So after finishing SH2 I'd like to move on to SH3 but I have no idea which version to play(eu, us, japan). The only thing I know is that generally the japanese don't tend to censor much in their games, so that would be a plus for playing the jap version.
    Sadly google was dry on this matter, so does anyone know if there are any differences between the versions of SH3 that I should be aware of?
    Please try to keep your responses spoiler free as much as possible.

Thank you.
    Last edited by VIKINGS; 15th-July-2014 at 18:54.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by VIKINGS View Post
    Hello World,

So after finishing SH2 I'd like to move on to SH3 but I have no idea which version to play(eu, us, japan). The only thing I know is that generally the japanese don't tend to censor much in their games, so that would be a plus for playing the jap version.
    Sadly google was dry on this matter, so does anyone know if there are any differences between the versions of SH3 that I should be aware of?
    Please try to keep your responses spoiler free as much as possible.

Thank you.
    As far as I could find out - no there aren't any differences (some very minor background changes in a room or 2 for the PC version but that's it) and this goes for most the series as well.

Thanks

K, guess I'll stick with the jap version then. Thank you.

Thanks

Default Got some questions aobut somegames I want to play/emulate

Alright first up metal slug. Are the MAME and NeoGeo arcade versions the one in the same? Are they different? Does it matter? I see there is a WHOLE SLEW of MS versions? Is there a better version(s)?

Star Ocean? Is there an English version? SNES or Sega?

I setup an HTPC "steam box" any suggestions for 2 player games? I just grabbed a ton of SNES games and some Sega games. Metal Slug is the only arcade game on my mind any suggestions there? Maybe there are some good local multi player arcade games i don't know of?

EDIT: I'm setting up something like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNZ9AVMkU4