Page 84 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1539

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

It teaches you only the basics. Everything else you must find on your own. Harsh, maybe, but I liked this approach.

Too bad, Koudelka is a really interesting one. And the story connection it has to SH is quite amusing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Net Spectre View Post
    It teaches you only the basics. Everything else you must find on your own. Harsh, maybe, but I liked this approach.

Too bad, Koudelka is a really interesting one. And the story connection it has to SH is quite amusing.
    those 8-12 tutorials(can't remember specifically how many just that there were alot) are only the basics? lol Screw that lol.

And yeah I get it, I just can't do grid based. Its one of the reasons I consider FFT the worst FF game ever. I even enjoyed Crystal Chronicles more than that FFT lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Default homebrew games on psp

I am wondering, what good homebrew games should i put on my psp? I would ask what emulators, but as I only play gba emulator I really dont need to ask about that.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

The only decent homebrew PSP game I played myself was a port of Cave Story.
    https://sites.google.com/site/cavestorypsp/
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    I am wondering, what good homebrew games should i put on my psp? I would ask what emulators, but as I only play gba emulator I really dont need to ask about that.
    Well if you do go Sega CD, though admit there will only be a small number of games of interest, I have done a share in PSP Sega CD format, aka cso+mp3+cue share that the Sega CD emu for the PSP uses, very small downloads for Sega CD games that are normally rather big

I like game ports though rather than pure homebrew so stuff like DooM ports or ScummVM ports at least you know the games are good

ScummVM if you don't already know to put it simply is just a Point N Click script engine for games like Monkey Island, originally targeted at just Lucas Arts games but now supports tins of games, mostly but not all point n click games for example it now support Horror Soft games like Elvira Mistress of the Dark that is a mouse driven RPG of sorts, a kind of adventure RPG hybrid, with a bit of horror and gore thrown in to the mix

There should be a bunch of Zelda homebrew games also that I have not played but sound like they are well done...??? Not 100% sure but think the PSP got those...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-March-2014 at 18:09.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good multiplayer game (Preferably 2-3 players) on the PS1? I'm going to bring my laptop to a gaming club and I want to impress.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Dave View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a good multiplayer game (Preferably 2-3 players) on the PS1? I'm going to bring my laptop to a gaming club and I want to impress.
    What kind of game are you looking for? FPS, shmups, sports, racing, brawlers or what?

Thanks
    EP Points

Something to do with combat (Shooters or Fighters, It's not important).

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmmm, some that are worth mentioning are the original Diablo, Metal Slug, Raiden Project, Twisted Metal 1 and 2, Final Doom, Loaded and ReLoaded, Arcade Party Pack (which has Rampage and Smash TV) and if you want a good 1v1 fighter game Rival Schools is pretty good. Look those up and see if any of them meet your criteria. I think they're all 2 players only though - 3+ player games on PS1 are kind of uncommon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaFlave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks! I'll look them up.

Thanks
    EP Points

No problem. If you're into the shmup games like Raiden Project, a couple other really great ones are DonPachi and DoDonPachi. Sonic Wings is good as well. Besides, they're fast paced and hard, and if you have a group of people it'll be perfect to hand off the controller and no one should really get bored.

Thanks

Default [ASK] ps1 game rpg

hi all, anyone can help recommendation RPG games like rave master ? (USA) version or (JAP) version thx.
    sorry bad english i'm indonesia'n
    dizzy for play japan version

PICTURE REMOVED - READ THE RULES AND RESIZE IT

Thanks
    EP Points

Im looking for a fun side scroller I can just pick up. Preferably ps1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    Castlevania Chronicles (PS1)
    Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo (PCE CD) (Plays great in Ootake)
    Megaman X Series (SNES/PS1/PS2)
    Megaman Zero Series (GBA/NDS)

All I can think of for now .
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Dave View Post
    Thrill Kill (1 to 4 players single screen) [Beat Em Up ish] {Was banned before release but is a very fun game, it's a must have multiplayer (It's rather tame to what the censors let through now)}
    Blaze and Blade (1 to 4 players single screen) [3D Action RPG] {It can take a little to create the characters though but once in game it is fun to play multi player, not so good for single player though}
    Quake (1 to 4 players split screen) [FPS] {It might of been 2 that I am thinking of not 100% sure}
    Atari Collection (1 to 4 players for Gauntlet or I think it was)
    Gauntlet games (1 to 4 players usually, not sure as I don't even remember playing that on the PSX)

They are just off the top of my head though, I'm sure there will be more games :/

the Doom games are link up games from what I remember as is Duke Nukem 3D something Sony dropped from the PSX later on in it's life and removed the link up cable port

A late reply I know

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night, one of the few I would actually play one of the few that is actually very very fun to play, yes it is a bit more indepth than most side scroller's but you can just pick up and play it, save when you want to play something else ect

Quote Originally Posted by willay11 View Post
    hi all, anyone can help recommendation RPG games like rave master ? (USA) version or (JAP) version thx.
    Not heard of Rave Master..., this makes it hard to recommend anything
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 15th-April-2014 at 09:59. Reason: posts merged :P

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR