Page 88 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1539

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    EP Points

There is an English translation avaliable for the SNES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Net Spectre For This Useful Post:

Thanks

any suggestions for Metal Slug?

Thanks

Smile Favorite Classic Couch Coop Campaign Games?

What are your favorite classic Couch Coop Campaign Games? Games in which you can play with a friend on the same screen or split screen together in a story mode or something to that matter as long as you are working together rather than against one another. this is partially me looking for games as I've played many awesome games of this type such as timesplitters, champions of norrath/RTA, Zombies ate my Neighbors, Halo 2, Battlefront, etc looking for more games along this formula of any type or genre just something fun that perhaps you yourself enjoyed at one point. =]

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe Resident Evil 5 or 6? I like 5th one more, but RE6 should be pretty fun in coop.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post
    Alright first up metal slug. Are the MAME and NeoGeo arcade versions the one in the same? Are they different? Does it matter? I see there is a WHOLE SLEW of MS versions? Is there a better version(s)?

Star Ocean? Is there an English version? SNES or Sega?

I setup an HTPC "steam box" any suggestions for 2 player games? I just grabbed a ton of SNES games and some Sega games. Metal Slug is the only arcade game on my mind any suggestions there? Maybe there are some good local multi player arcade games i don't know of?

EDIT: I'm setting up something like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNZ9AVMkU4
    The first Star Ocean also has an enhanced release on PSP which is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by B1rk1n635 View Post
    What are your favorite classic Couch Coop Campaign Games? Games in which you can play with a friend on the same screen or split screen together in a story mode or something to that matter as long as you are working together rather than against one another. this is partially me looking for games as I've played many awesome games of this type such as timesplitters, champions of norrath/RTA, Zombies ate my Neighbors, Halo 2, Battlefront, etc looking for more games along this formula of any type or genre just something fun that perhaps you yourself enjoyed at one point. =]
    Toe Jam& Earl for the Genesis. A fantastic classic!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone reccommend me some good NTSC-J, PAL games? I'm looking to play some games that were never released in America. For any system from any era. I know there are some good ones I'm missing out on.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cdoublejj View Post
    any suggestions for Metal Slug?
    It's the exact same version, though some Neo Geo emu's have console and arcade mode, but so does MAME it's just a little more difficult to find

A lot find mame challenging to use (not me ) so if you are fairly new to emulation then stick with a Neo Geo emulator or another multi emulator such as FBA (Final Burn Alpha) that supports Neo-Geo CPS1 and CPS2 games (CPS# = Capcom System #)

MAME supports tons of systems including Neo-Geo

One thing to note for Arcade emulators is that there are lots of versions of the rom dumps and you need the correct version for the emulator, with MAME this is much harder as with every revision of MAME the roms are not only added to but lots will also be redumped so older dumps will no longer work

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Anyone reccommend me some good NTSC-J, PAL games? I'm looking to play some games that were never released in America. For any system from any era. I know there are some good ones I'm missing out on.
    Blaze and Blade (PSX EU and JP exclusive) though it is more fun to play that with 3 other players but single play is good also you just can't visit all the hidden secrets with just 1 player

Personally I just look at translated games at http://www.romhacking.net/ for translations to find new games to play, I also look for games dumped that never got an official release, providing they are fully playable helps though as some of those never got past there early beta stage
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-September-2014 at 08:26.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    It's the exact same version, though some Neo Geo emu's have console and arcade mode, but so does MAME it's just a little more difficult to find

A lot find mame challenging to use (not me ) so if you are fairly new to emulation then stick with a Neo Geo emulator or another multi emulator such as FBA (Final Burn Alpha) that supports Neo-Geo CPS1 and CPS2 games (CPS# = Capcom System #)

MAME supports tons of systems including Neo-Geo

One thing to note for Arcade emulators is that there are lots of versions of the rom dumps and you need the correct version for the emulator, with MAME this is much harder as with every revision of MAME the roms are not only added to but lots will also be redumped so older dumps will no longer work

Blaze and Blade (PSX EU and JP exclusive) though it is more fun to play that with 3 other players but single play is good also you just can't visit all the hidden secrets with just 1 player

Personally I just look at translated games at http://www.romhacking.net/ for translations to find new games to play, I also look for games dumped that never got an official release, providing they are fully playable helps though as some of those never got past there early beta stage
    Thanks, I'll check that out. I usually look up Japanese games on youtube to see if there are any cool games I haven't played or missed out on.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PC FPS games with LAN co-op campaigns?

I'm going to be visiting a friend in another state for about a week, and I'm trying to find some good FPS games we can play, specifically ones with multiplayer campaigns rather than just deathmatch modes. The big limiting factor is that my laptop is pretty dated (Dual core 1.7ghz processor, 3gb ram, Intel GM965 Express integrated graphics), so unfortunately we won't be able to play anything as new as say Borderlands or L4D. We also won't have access to a stable internet connection, but will have LAN access.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

Add LAN/System Link in the filter option before searching. You don't need to enter a title it'll just list everything.

Spoiler warning:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Doom is the obvious choice. Serious Sam is pretty ancient at this point too but it's a blast in co-op.

There was even someone working on a co-op mod for the original Far Cry at one point. Can't remember the name or if it ever got finished but there was at least a work in progress version released if you can find it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cosmic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cool ps2 emulator games suggestions

Goodmorning retro gamers,i want your suggestions in games in some categories.
    1.adventure games 3rd person similar to Siberia
    2.rpg games turn base style(except ff series).
    3.survival horror or action games.

Cheers,thanks in advance
    Vae Victis

Thanks
    EP Points

1. Adventure/RPG
    • Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
    • Shining Force Neo
    • Shining Force EXA
    • Kingdom Hearts
    • Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories
    • Kingdom Hearts II

2. RPG
    • Grandia 2
    • Grandia 3

3. Horror/Survival/Action
    • Resident Evil Code Veronica X
    • Resident Evil 4
    • Silent Hill 2
    • Silent Hill 3
    • Silent Hill 4

And even though these aren't turnbased, they're still awesome RPGs: Tales of the Abyss, Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, Rogue Galaxy
    Last edited by Ryudo; 24th-October-2014 at 08:32.
    YouTube (Gameplay Videos)
    Intel Core i5-4670k @ 3.40GHz | Radeon HD 7850 | 6GB DDR3-1333 | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 640 GB HDD

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryudo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

3:

Cold Fear.
    Project Zero.
    Project Zero II Crimson Butterfly.
    Project Zero 3 The Tormented.
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X.
    Resident Evil 4.
    Resident Evil Outbreak.
    Resident Evil Outbreak File #2.
    Silent Hill 2 Director's Cut.
    Silent Hill 3.
    Silent Hill 4 The Room.
    Silent Hill Origins.

Alone in the Dark The New Nightmare.
    Alone in the Dark.
    Clock Tower 3.
    Curse The Eye of Isis.
    Echo Night Beyond.
    Extermination.
    Forbidden Siren.
    Forbidden Siren 2.
    Haunting Ground.
    Michigan Report from Hell.
    ObsCure.
    ObsCure II.
    Rule of Rose.
    The Suffering.
    The Suffering Ties That Bind.
    Kuon.
    The Thing.
    RLH: Run Like Hell.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 24th-October-2014 at 08:36.

Spoiler warning:

19. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

What about Haunting Ground (for category 3)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post: