Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1539

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks

I'll check them out

Thanks

Posting here for suggestions on any co-op games. Co-op as in teamplay. With Steam's summer sale, I'm looking for new stuff to play. We're a group of 4 and that usually matches the "max co-op players" limit.

We've played (and general consensus)
    Borderlands 1 and 2 (very fun)
    Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 (meh)
    Alien Swarm (Hard)
    Terraria (Fun)
    Castle Crashers (Fun)
    Dead Island (We couldn't get into it)
    We play Minecraft once in a while too.

Just got Defiance and tried it myself today. The game is... eh. Needs some PC adjustments, like aim mouse sensitivity. Also thought about getting God Mode by Atlus. Looks fun for a bit and had a flash sale for $15 for the 4-pack.

Username: SoySauce (or similar) Name: Kenshii

Thanks

I'm looking for some new psp or ps2 games to play. I recently beat ZHP Unlosing ranger vs darkdeath evilman and I really enjoyed it. I tried out disgaea but I can't get into strategy type games most of the time. I also have haunting grounds but I'm not feeling it. I want something with a good story with nice pacing and good action. I want it to be like "wow, this game... I've been missing out by not playing this sooner"

I'm considering a few games but I don't know what to pick. One is the kingdom hearts series. Now I'm really biased against using disney characters as partners and a big Key as a weapon but the series seems really popular.

Also as an option is one of the Tales games. I loved tales of symphonia. I tried out Tales of the world but started to hate the map and dungeon setup. Basically if I go with a tales game I don't know what game to chose. I hear tales of the abyss is good.

Growlanser wayfarer of time is a game I'm looking into as well.

I might prefer a more independent game, the tales, growlanser, and such type games span so many games it makes me feel like I'll have to play all of them.

My problem is that I get caught up in research trying to find the best game I can find and end up with a huge list of possible games to play. So I need help, if you can pick and explain why from the few i listed good, if you can suggest an even better one fantastic

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Redfireryu View Post
    I want something with a good story with nice pacing and good action. I want it to be like "wow, this game... I've been missing out by not playing this sooner"
    I'm just going to throw this out there:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...Hero-USA-CFW-*
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

It's interesting, I've heard of it before and thought " this looks like what I need, finally a game that just gets to the point" However in reality after trying it out I'm not that impressed. It would be a great game to play in short bursts but I want something that I'll be playing a couple hours at a time, possibly making me forget what day it is. I love that you're equipment shows. It's always great when a game does that.

I was also thinking of maybe the mana khemia games. The psp one gets bashed in reviews and I'm not really a fan of complicated systems to make my equipment though. I'd rather have enemies drop thousands of pieces of gold and just buy my new gear which for the most part should be pretty obviously better than my old stuff. Not to sound like i don't like customization though, I love options just not when say there are 10 sword variations to buy all with mixed stats or gear that has random stats.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    EP Points

Shadow Hearts: Covenant is basically the type of game you're describing. It's a fantastic game and easily one of the best RPGs on the PS2. It's generally recommended to be familiar with its predecessor (either by reading a plot summary or playing it) for full enjoyment of the sequel's story, which sometimes turns people off, as the first game is pretty average. However, you really are missing out on something awesome by not playing SH:C.

Btw, Tales of the Abyss is a standalone title and would be also be a pretty good choice.

Thanks

Oddly enough I had just looked at a review of shadow hearts the other day and was considering it.The review made it seem kind of quirky and average. Also I wasn't so sure about the whole judgement ring thing myself.

I'm not sure why but I seem to be less and less into turn based battles now. I don't know if it's the games or if it's me. For example I loved chrono trigger, but then in chrono cross i just sort of stopped playing and forgot about it. Did the same with the final fantasy game with kefka in it (snes version). I loved playing magical starsign and radiant historia though.

Anyway, If i play shadow hearts I'd want to play them in order rather than read an overview. So is the battle system going to balanced out with good story, fast levels, fewer encounters or anything like that? Thats mainly the reason I rarely get into strategy games, it's just to slow paced and too much of the same.

Oh, I know the tales games and the others I mentioned aren't exactly connected to one another in terms of story. Still sometimes just the title connection and references make me feel like I'm missing out on something. I went and tried a little Disgaea just because ZHP had prinnies in it and I wanted to see what they were exactly. They did manage to get 2 games featuring them so they must be awesome or something right? Maybe not so much.

I'll try to get abyss and shadow hearts though. I still want to hear other options though. Also I'm getting logged out, is this a regular thing because I'm leaving the page open and idle too long or is this because I have stuff like "noscripts" and "disconnect" on my browser? I just recently put the second thing on to try it out, doesn't seem to be helpful though.

Thanks
    EP Points

It has a quirky sense of humor, yes. The judgement ring itself is pretty interesting, and at least it's different from what every other RPG is doing. I remember battles being quite fun and I was hooked on the story and characters. But it's been several years since I beat it so I won't be able to give you a detailed rundown on everything. Like I said, I think it's amazing and well worth the time investment. The first game, on the other hand, is really not that good.

Thanks

I wanted to Know which game is good for someone like me. I don't like shooting games with a lot of blood and violence .I prefer a moderate game (not so bloody and not too dull) . i have played many of sonic games till now and i liked all of them but they are getting boring so I want to know about new games.( I prefer PC games but I can download ISOs too.

Thanks

If you've stuck to the sega side of gaming then you should try the Nintendo end. Most of the Zelda games are good. Same with the mario games, it has stuff everywhere. If you want platforming and adventure theres super mario 64 and super mario sunshine. The paper mario series are amazing and super paper mario is sort of an rpg/platformer, I also like the mario and luigi games. You could try out Monster Tale, it's for the DS kind of like the metroid games. Kingdom hearts? I'm not far into it but it looks like it will turn out pretty good.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Any long games on psp?

since the psp is my only source for gaming these days, i want to know some games (other than final fantasy, persona, suikoden, wild arms, disgaea) on the psp. only us games since i cant read japanese. just recomendations please and what type of game it is.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    since the psp is my only source for gaming these days, i want to know some games (other than final fantasy, persona, suikoden, wild arms, disgaea) on the psp. only us games since i cant read japanese. just recomendations please and what type of game it is.
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, pretty good JRPG. Might get boring for some people but I personally enjoyed the characters a lot.

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is another RPG. Has kind of a slow start but it gets better. I enjoyed what I played of it.

Both of them are pretty long, at least 40-50 hours.

Thanks

These are all Nintendo DS games
    Dbz: Attack of the saiyans. This is the best dbz rpg I have EVER seen, its much better than the gba rpgs, where you just kill snakes. This game takes it back to dragonball, and even has some never before seen footage. Even if you don't like rpgs, this game is easy enough to please anyone. Although it's pretty easy, only requires some grinding, and even the grinding is fast. My game time was 43 hours on this game, very excellent.
    Beyblade: metal masters. Recent game I found out about. I must say the gameplay is awesome and is a very nice action game. It's the latest one, so I'm definitely eager to play its previous titles.
    DBZ: Super sonic warriors 2. A nice easy action game, once you get the hang of it with blocking and such. You don't have to like DBZ to enjoy this, like attack of the saiyans. In my opinion one of the best action games for the ds. The blocking function pretty much ruins the whole difficulty for this game. You just press b when someone rushes and tries to attack and then you attack back. So easy. If you have a friend, you should try playing this game with them. The multiplayer is nice and I play it frequently.

Call Of Duty: MW3 - Defiance. Best fps shooter game out there, the graphics aren't that great, but hey, it IS the ds, afterall. The multiplayer lets you use wifi, this game isn't for everyone, infact its filled with 10 year old kids who thought this game was cool and begged their parents to buy it. It's a good experience once you get the hang of it.

Now I'll just stop making reviews and give you a list of some games, as I feel like being a fatass.

Megaman zero collection
    Mario Kart
    metroid prime hunters
    mega man zx
    mega man zx advent
    mario hoops 3 on 3
    jump ultimate stars
    tony hawks proving ground
    ed edd n eddy scam of the century
    contra 4
    ultimate mortal kombat
    final fantasy XII revenantwings
    super dodgeball brawlers
    final fnatasy IV (Only ff game I've spent more than 15 hours on, still not done completing it though, as it is hard as balls.)
    N+
    Commando steel disaster
    chrono trigger
    pokemon platinum, black, white, gold, silver, any pokemon game out there.
    Kirby super star ultra
    Kingdom hearts 358/2 days
    Kingdom hearts re:coded
    cop the recruit
    space invaders extreme 2
    fifa 10
    fifa 11
    ace attorney pheonix wright
    ace attorney investigateions miles edgeworth(barely started it but I can tell its decent)
    All yugioh 5ds games, of course.
    Chicken Blaster
    Demenitium, Dementium II (BEST HORROR FPS GAME OF ALL TIME, JUST MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE GAME ON THE DS.)
    100 classic books (Some good old classics, eases the mind of killing zombies and stomping on goombas)
    xg blast
    james bond 007
    sonic colors
    duke nukem
    plants vs zombies
    ben10 triple pack
    kung zhu
    x men destiny
    advance wars days of ruin
    aliens infestation
    bomberman
    All castlevania games
    Fifa street 2
    GTA chinatown wars
    Naruto vs sasuke
    Konami Arcade collection
    mario party
    metal slug 7
    need for spped underground 2
    okamiden
    phantasy star zero
    kirby squeak squad
    ninja gaiden
    summon night twin age
    yoshis island
    Those most of the games I've played and enjoyed on my ds. Well I put all my effort into that. Great system, great games. Now off to the 3ds.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, pretty good JRPG. Might get boring for some people but I personally enjoyed the characters a lot.

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is another RPG. Has kind of a slow start but it gets better. I enjoyed what I played of it.

Both of them are pretty long, at least 40-50 hours.
    just finished growlanser, i swear, that game nearly broke my friends psp. ok fine i almost threw it and he was there and started laughing and said "yup your playing growlanser". and i played previous legend of heros games and didnt really get into them (the battles always seemed kind of bland) but i did try trails in the sky and i like it. dont know why.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey can someone list some good rpgs? Don't care what system. Thanks.