Page 85 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1539

Thread: The all encompassing "Suggest a game!" thread.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,308 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Not heard of Rave Master..., this makes it hard to recommend anything
    It was a manga series by Hiro Mashima (the guy currently making Fairy Tail). It only had some mediocre fighting games released over here. Also the name Rave Master was the North American title, so there's no reason to know there were Japanese RPGs on the PS1.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Default List of high quality Psx games

I have a question, can someone make a list of high quality psx games i can find?
    i mean all the ones i have are completely pixelated and stuff, so i was just wondering if someone can make a list of some games, (kinda like the quality of final fantasy IX or gran tourismo[EXCEPT WITH MAYBE A BADASS SUNSET INSTEAD OF A PIXELATED BLUE SKY])
    Last edited by longboarder241; 15th-April-2014 at 17:47.
    I hate parrots
    Said the Parrot haters

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Merged with the Game Suggestions thread..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    It was a manga series by Hiro Mashima (the guy currently making Fairy Tail). It only had some mediocre fighting games released over here. Also the name Rave Master was the North American title, so there's no reason to know there were Japanese RPGs on the PS1.
    Best PSX RPG would be Suikoden and the very good follow on Suikoden 2 atleast outside the squaresoft games

I still like Parasite Eve an action horror rpg has a survival horror feel to it but cooler

Still not sure what was after
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-April-2014 at 20:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Default Is Playing On A PSP Worth It?

Hi,

This question is more to get your perspective rather than hard specs about the systems. I tried a friend's PSP once but he had only NFS for it and I cannot say I particularly liked playing NFS on it.

Are there any particular titles on PSP that can be enjoyed thoroughly only on a handheld device? Are their fighting games that can be played and enjoyed on this device? Will it beat playing on cell phones and how long does the battery last?

Thanks
    EP Points

Tekken 6 on PSP is fantastic. So is Mortal Kombat Unchained and Blazblue games. If you have a really nice bluetooth controller for your phone then it might compare. With mobile touch screen you will never feel the proper experience of a fighting game. The average battery life is 3-5 hours but it can be increase without sound and lower brightness. You can even get better battery times on certain games by underclocking the CPU (only do this on games that you notice no difference.) Using the Photofast dual microSD to MSPD adapter you can easily get 64GB of storage space for under 50USD (which is actually way more storage space than most ever need, you can live with an 8GB if you got other places to store files for swapping.)
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b2p1mp View Post
    Tekken 6 on PSP is fantastic. So is Mortal Kombat Unchained and Blazblue games. If you have a really nice bluetooth controller for your phone then it might compare. With mobile touch screen you will never feel the proper experience of a fighting game. The average battery life is 3-5 hours but it can be increase without sound and lower brightness. You can even get better battery times on certain games by underclocking the CPU (only do this on games that you notice no difference.) Using the Photofast dual microSD to MSPD adapter you can easily get 64GB of storage space for under 50USD (which is actually way more storage space than most ever need, you can live with an 8GB if you got other places to store files for swapping.)
    Thanks for the feedback. Do you use a separate controller to play on PSP or the standard PSP controller?

Thanks
    EP Points

I have played the psp1000 and psp2000 models with the default controllers and both feel nice to me. The analog nub for games that use it can take a bit of getting used to. The analog nub aren't really used in fighting games. I have not had the chance to try a psp compatible with a separate controller. I enjoy my PSP all the time even though I have a nice tablet with a bluetooth controller, a PS Vita , and a DSi.
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Thanks

Any suggestions for psp Action RPG's? Eg Monster Hunter Or Gods Eater? I prefer games where playing is More of a skill(MH)than just turn based-Like stratergy(Final Fantasy). Mainly I like the fact that you can SEE an enemy About to attack & if you are quick enough,do something like a block Or a Quick evade.....& also Good graphics & awesome background Music.......any tips?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Catz_Rule View Post
    Any suggestions for psp Action RPG's? Eg Monster Hunter Or Gods Eater? I prefer games where playing is More of a skill(MH)than just turn based-Like stratergy(Final Fantasy). Mainly I like the fact that you can SEE an enemy About to attack & if you are quick enough,do something like a block Or a Quick evade.....& also Good graphics & awesome background Music.......any tips?
    Ys 7 and the Ys III remake. They're both action oriented rpgs with realtime action scenes.

Thanks

^thanx,Any way I can check if someones replied to A Forum I've posted In,or get Notifications About that?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Catz_Rule View Post
    ^thanx,Any way I can check if someones replied to A Forum I've posted In,or get Notifications About that?
    Go to Settings (top right corner), My Settings>General Settings (left margin). There you can change the Messaging and Notifications settings.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just a hint but the PSP has some nice emulators for it that let you play other system games

So you can play the SNES and PCE-CD Y's games most are translated for the jap only ones, the PCE-CD had the best versions of the time

You can also play games like Story of Thor a Megadrive game (US version is called Beyond Oasis) The SNES has Zelda I'm sure there are others but I was more a Sega guy until emulation bloomed, I know there are others but I forget now (Not sure how well the N64 ones would play though, that might be pushing it a bit)

The PSP can handle most PSX games ok so games like Alundra should be good for you, not sure if the PSX had any of the Y's games I don't remember.

The GBA has a few Action RPG's in there that mostly will emulate nice on the PSP, including the Castlevania games that are more like the now famous Platform RPG Castlevania Symphony of the Night...

Actually the Castlevania Dracula X PSP game is very good (It's a normal platformer but not why I mentioned it), this also includes Symphony of the Night as an unlockable with extra's like being able to play as Maria (different to the Saturn version) and restoring the 2 previously jap only followers and finally new voice overs, though can't complain about the original ones to be honest but like the new ones equally, it also has the option to have jap voices with english subs or any mix of jap and eng. This I mentioned more because Symphony of the Night is an Action RPG (Admittedly the Action is in the form of a plat former but the effect is a great fun game and normally I tend not to like plat form games with only a few exceptions)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I was digging up info on Beyond oasis, and when looking for similar games, I found a very interesting game called, crusader of centy. I will likely try to dig up a copy for emulation.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    I was digging up info on Beyond oasis, and when looking for similar games, I found a very interesting game called, crusader of centy. I will likely try to dig up a copy for emulation.
    Centy is pretty good, zelda clone for the Genesis.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.