Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: General PSP homebrew discussion.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default General PSP homebrew discussion.

The last thread was lost in the server move so here's a nice new one.

So... there have been some pretty big developments in the scene since EP's downtime, most notably Dark_Alex's fantastic 3.02OEB firmware which allows us to use our own ISOs on the (say it with me!) FULL SPEED official PSX emulator. How many of you have tried it so far, and what do you think? I've been playing Crash Bandicoot 2 on it for a couple of weeks and am very impressed with the results. My PSP is currently updating to 3.03OEA, so when it's finished I'm going to see if I can get my PAL games working by converting them to NTSC with Popstation. A portable Tomb Raider would border on the sublime...

Thanks

i would but i douched out on my psp when i get it ... a ta-82 so im at the latest firmware so ill just have to wait for a downgrader... plus i posted all of this at false paradise

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, I have been on 3.02 from Dark Alex since the day it was released. Hehe, I could not believe my own eyes before I had played all the way through Tales of Destiny on my PSP . Lovely indeed . A lot of PlayStation games pre-converted for PSP have been uploaded on the net the latest weeks, but there is also a way to convert them back, so that they work on the real PSX and EpsxE (using Popstation GUI 225 beta).

Even more lovely - for me at least - is the possibility to boot PSP ISOs without even having to boot up an application like Devhook anymore .

Thanks
    EP Points

i will become my white PSP next week (FW 1.50). My question is... Will the gba emu and the snes emu work with the 3.03 OE B ? if yes, then i will upgrade to 3.03 OE B

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzel View Post
    i will become my white PSP next week (FW 1.50). My question is... Will the gba emu and the snes emu work with the 3.03 OE B ? if yes, then i will upgrade to 3.03 OE B
    Everything works with 3.03 OE B, in essence it pwns firmware 1.5 x 324923904238049823048234-234

Thanks
    EP Points

i have read that not all homebrew will work under 3.0x OE. 90 % or more will work. (don't know exactly )

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jizzel View Post
    i have read that not all homebrew will work under 3.0x OE. 90 % or more will work. (don't know exactly )
    Everything works. Maybe aside from a chinese toilet-cleaner app . You see, the 1.5 kernel is included in the dark alex 3.02.
    I've not seen anything that works on 1.5 that does not work on 3.02.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm still walking the line of whether or not I want to go to Dark_Alex's firmware from 1.5 or not. Do you maintain all of the 1.5 functionality of 1.5? How hard is it to upgrade and make your PS1 ISOs?

Thanks

The only homebrew I know that won't work on the new custom firmware is the newest version of IRShell. Which I must say is one of the most useful PSP apps around.

I'm loving the Playstation emulation. Aside from the occasional glitch it's nearly perfect, and probably the best feature on the PSP.

Josh, 1.5 functionality is still there and then some like no longer requiring devhook to play newer games.
    As for simplicity of the upgrade. There are quite a few tutorials and roaming around some PSP forums.
    But basically if you follow the directions properly there really is no risk..maybe.
    Last edited by fhqwgad; 15th-January-2007 at 23:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm still walking the line of whether or not I want to go to Dark_Alex's firmware from 1.5 or not. Do you maintain all of the 1.5 functionality of 1.5? How hard is it to upgrade and make your PS1 ISOs?
    Its very easy. You maintain ALL functions.
    Last edited by kupo; 15th-January-2007 at 23:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeah, I was unsure about whether I should update from 1.5, but I just decided to go for it in the end. Turns out I had nothing to worry about since all of my old eboots still work perfectly on 3.03OEA. It's exactly the same as the current 3.03 firmware, except you gain the advantage of homebrew and lose LocationFree functionality. The upgrade itself is fine as long as you follow the instructions in the readme:

Copy oeupdatemaker and oeupdatemaker% to /PSP/GAME if you are in firmware 1.50, or to
    /PSP/GAME150 if you are in 2.71 SE or 3.02 OE.

Get the 1.50 and 3.03 sony updates, and put them in the oeupdatemaker folder with the names
    150.PBP and 303.PBP.

Run oeupdatemaker. It will generate the dxar file DATA.DXAR, whhich has the following hashes:

MD5: 03186D46D2F1B0ACD923098BEBC87281
    SHA1: 3C80833A970EEA16A94D74DAFF6220889A9CEE4A

Copy 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to
    /PSP/GAME150 if you are in 2.71 SE or 3.02 OE.

Move the DATA.DXAR file to the 303oeflasher.

Run the program. When it finishes, it will ask you to reinit the psp. When you do that, you will be in 3.03 OE-A.
    It might take a while to generate the DATA.DXAR file, so don't worry if it appears to have frozen. It will correct itself eventually. As for converting PSX games, all you really need is the latest version of PSX2PSP. It's a very easy to use GUI-based frontend for Popstation.

Good luck if you do decide to upgrade!
    Last edited by Cosmic; 15th-January-2007 at 23:38.

Thanks

I was a stupid idiot and got the 3.03 firmware. Is there no way to downgrade and if not, which PSP firmware do I need and if I buy a new PSP which firmware does it come with?
    ^There was my ten cents 'cause my two cents is free.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE ANTI-CENA BATTALION!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze View Post
    I was a stupid idiot and got the 3.03 firmware. Is there no way to downgrade and if not, which PSP firmware do I need and if I buy a new PSP which firmware does it come with?
    For now, you're out of luck. Be patient and keep your hopes up for later.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    It might take a while to generate the DATA.DXAR file, so don't worry if it appears to have frozen. It will correct itself eventually. As for converting PSX games, all you really need is the latest version of PSX2PSP. It's a very easy to use GUI-based frontend for Popstation.

Good luck if you do decide to upgrade!
    So does that mean I can may be convert my PSone games (that I own) into ISOs/Disc Images or somethin and use this "PSX2PSP" to make em playable on my PSP ??

In other words, can I load up images or ISOs of PSone games that I ACTUALLY OWN ON ACTUAL DISCS on a PSP and play em ???

The reason I ask is coz I own kinda like 250+ HK Silvers of PSone and it would be BLOODY AMAZING if I can just convert them into ISOs and load em up on a PSP

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kazekage Gaara View Post
    So does that mean I can may be convert my PSone games (that I own) into ISOs/Disc Images or somethin and use this "PSX2PSP" to make em playable on my PSP ??

In other words, can I load up images or ISOs of PSone games that I ACTUALLY OWN ON ACTUAL DISCS on a PSP and play em ???

The reason I ask is coz I own kinda like 250+ HK Silvers of PSone and it would be BLOODY AMAZING if I can just convert them into ISOs and load em up on a PSP
    You will have to use an application called POPSTATION (there are many GUIs for it too) and then convert the ISO of a game into another format readable by the emulator on PSP. The emulator was developed by Sony themselves but has been cracked by the scene. The emulator is included in Dark Alex firmware.