Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon(er or later...) for the PSP: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Coming Soon(er or later...) for the PSP: Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

So apparently Konami is working on bring Rondo of Blood over to the PSP, in both a 3-D remake, and will include the original, completely 2-D version as well. On top of that, we're getting a slightly reworked version of Symphony of the Night in the package as well, featuring a new localization.

This is the first time the game has been available in the US, and while it's cool that it's finally coming, I'm a bit bummed that they didn't decide to release this on the PS2 instead of the PSP. What are your thoughts?

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3156904

Mikey_ Guest

Eh. I don't have a PSP, nor am I very excited about the three games. But, if it were to have been brough to the U.S., you'd think it'd been released on the PS2. Especially the 3-D remake. Should be interesting to see how it stacks up next to the DS Castlevania games in certain ways.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not really intended to. At all, actually. We're talking about a port of an older game here, and all the 3-D graphics in the world aren't going to do too much to change the overall gameplay. It's still a great game, for sure, but it's not really meant to go up against the DS Castlevania games.

I do believe that it will sell well though, because this is the first release of Rondo in the US. I know that I'm already sold.

Thanks

i will for sure get this one, i am a castlevania freak and a good game is welcome for the psp so no complaints here.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

The PS2 would certainly make much more sense. This sorta reminds me of those Megaman remakes, they sold terribly on the PSP, when the straight port collections on consoles sold like crack

At any rate, I'll certainly pick this up, because RoB is pure awesome. Although I don't know if I'll care for SotN redubbed. It's not as if the old dub was really all that bad, it was just corny, so it was fun to make fun of.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Rondo of Blood is like my favorite Castlevania game ever. And the remake looks gorgeous. I hope you can still play as Maria though and at least fixed up the controls for Richter.

I'll miss the old lines from SotN though...

"What is man? A miserable little pile of secrets!?"

Thanks

The bit about all religions that Dracula says is a classic too.

More reasons for me to get a PSP. I played Rondo of Blood a long time ago and liked it very much...and SOTN, good counter to the PSX Emulation on PSP IMO, since this will be obviously more improved (even just a little) than the original version.

Thanks

Thumbs down

I was about to make a thread on this.

My initial *ahem* reaction?

*OVERREACTION WARNING! ACHTUNG!!!!*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I refuse myself to buy a God damned PSP! But I am a Castlevania fan since 1987! Shit! That game was the reason I joined this place!

Why, Iga!? Why to the PSP and not the PS2, X360 or even the Wii!? Or even the DS without SotN!?

Now seriously... this sucks big time. I will have to buy that piece of shit because it finally has a good game, and don't get me started on MGS!!! I won't give a damn about Snake until MGS4 comes out!!!

I HATE YOU, KONAMI... I WILL HAVE TO BUY A PSP!

Damn... damn you Iga .

*Ends rant*
    Last edited by J; 2nd-February-2007 at 05:08.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

Wasn't IGA the guy responsible for making the trash that is Lament of Innocence and Harmony of Dissonance?

Also wasn't IGA the fiend responsible for PoR's second half?

"Lol, lets put all the portraits in one room and make them the same portraits only with different enemies and rooms and its nighttime."

Seriously, the only portraits worth mentioning on the second half are Dark Academy and 13th Street.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goshi View Post
    Wasn't IGA the guy responsible for making the trash that is Lament of Innocence and Harmony of Dissonance?

Also wasn't IGA the fiend responsible for PoR's second half?

"Lol, lets put all the portraits in one room and make them the same portraits only with different enemies and rooms and its nighttime."

Seriously, the only portraits worth mentioning on the second half are Dark Academy and 13th Street.
    I agree, plus the music in those two stages are in my mp3 list since they are actually good (Crucifix Held Close, remix from Vampire Killer - Arcade, and Iron Blue Intention, Castlevania Bloodlines - Genesis), can't say the same for the rest of the soundtrack.

I will have to get used to the idea of buying a PSP and an extended warranty so when it dies (and believe me, they do quite fast) I can have a new one...

Sony gaming hardware... once again.
    Last edited by J; 2nd-February-2007 at 05:16.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

You should try to aim for a downgradeable firmware at least so you can et a custom firmware and do all that fancy homebrew and ISO work. Plus that way you can actually use your PSP for something else.

I agree, plus the music in those two stages are in my mp3 list since they are actually good (Crucifix Held Close, remix from Vampire Killer - Arcade, and Iron Blue Intention, Castlevania Bloodlines - Genesis), can't say the same for the rest of the soundtrack.
    What about Victorian Fear, that song for that dungeon place and Simon's Theme? They were pretty good too...

The soundtrack is 100 times better then DoS' one though.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

YES YES YES YES YES YES!

It's day likes this it feels good to be an unbiased handheld gamer. In your face fanboys!

Thanks

If they port the extra features from the Saturn version, and give it a decent english dub (The script isn't that bad, it's just the delivery) it'd be the best version of SotN to ever see a release. I'd think about picking up a PSP just for that pack. But I doubt they'll go to that kind of effort, and I kind of expect to get a half-assed port and equally bad voice acting. All the real effort will probably go into the remade version of Rondo of Blood, leaving the original games untouched. Well, at least it won't be easy to screw up those two games.

On a side note, I actually liked Harmony of Dissonance, even though it was weak compared to the other metroidvania games. It wasn't a bad game, just a middle of the road release in a set of near-classics.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Excellent news for my PSP, this one and the Crazy Taxi remake we will get soon too

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Goshi View Post
    You should try to aim for a downgradeable firmware at least so you can et a custom firmware and do all that fancy homebrew and ISO work. Plus that way you can actually use your PSP for something else.
    If I've heard correctly the latest firmware versions (like all the ones currently for sale) have been cracked and have a downgrader, you just need GTA: Liberty City Stories. So it's a good time to buy a PSP
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here