Page 97 of 204 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Watched The Avengers last Friday. I'm still trying to get rid of my boner after seeing it.

Honest opinion: it was great. Not perfect by any means -- it felt like there were a few spots stretching a bit too hard to get a laugh, and some of the heroes didn't feel as fleshed out as others. After reading about a couple of the deleted scenes that will likely be on the DVD, I will definitely be picking it up when it comes out, since they sound like they address that issue quite nicely. I'm not a huge comic book nerd, so I don't know how "authentic" everything is to the general Avengers storyline, but I personally thought it was wonderful.

Also, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk absolutely stole the show. Everyone else was good, but he was great. Every scene with him, either as Bruce Banner or The Hulk, felt like he was the only character there. Simply amazing, and I hope he reprises the role in any future sequels, either of The Avengers or The Hulk. Seriously, outstanding.

I have no idea how much was said about the movie earlier in the thread, since I actively avoided this thread from release date until I saw it. That's just my $0.02

Also watched My Neighbour Totoro with my son earlier today.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just recently watched Chronicle. Ended up being another one of those movies that would have been a lot better if not for the whole "lets do it like it's a home video lol" style they decided to use. I mean seriously, the whole premise for it was "oh i just decided i wanna start filming everything just because and OH SHI- LOOK WHAT HAPPENED DUDE".
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Black Swan (2010)
    Very good acting, the plot is strange in parts...
    (3/5)

Iron Man 2 (2010)
    To my surprise it was as good as the first one.
    (4/5)

You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (2010)
    Average, the ending could had been better...
    (2'5/5)

Thanks
    EP Points

Cast Away - I always liked Tom Hanks as an actor and him in this film is no exception, I loved that there was no music when he was on the island and it was a great film overall.

Thanks

Watched last weekend Kung fu panda 2. Two words Pure Awesomeness.
    GBA FTW

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Watched The Avengers last Friday. I'm still trying to get rid of my boner after seeing it.

Honest opinion: it was great. Not perfect by any means -- it felt like there were a few spots stretching a bit too hard to get a laugh, and some of the heroes didn't feel as fleshed out as others. After reading about a couple of the deleted scenes that will likely be on the DVD, I will definitely be picking it up when it comes out, since they sound like they address that issue quite nicely. I'm not a huge comic book nerd, so I don't know how "authentic" everything is to the general Avengers storyline, but I personally thought it was wonderful.

Also, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk absolutely stole the show. Everyone else was good, but he was great. Every scene with him, either as Bruce Banner or The Hulk, felt like he was the only character there. Simply amazing, and I hope he reprises the role in any future sequels, either of The Avengers or The Hulk. Seriously, outstanding.

I have no idea how much was said about the movie earlier in the thread, since I actively avoided this thread from release date until I saw it. That's just my $0.02

Also watched My Neighbour Totoro with my son earlier today.
    I still soooo have to see this.

Anyone wanna loan me 15 bucks to go see it?

I'm such a marvel nut and have seen just about evreything that's come out by them in the theater, many twice. I should really get up off my ass and go see this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I'm not a huge comic book nerd, so I don't know how "authentic" everything is to the general Avengers storyline, but I personally thought it was wonderful.
    It's a pretty huge departure. The things they didn't tweak to a massive degree they outright got wrong. The way this team came about is nothing like how it came about in the comics. A lot of that "government agency of superheroes" stuff didn't come about until way later. Loki's methods are a little.... odd as his plots are generally a lot less about winning and more about just trolling the shit out of everyone. Generally speaking (and depending on the writer), if he wanted to take over the world, he pretty much could outright do it. It's just more fun for him to mess with and manipulate everyone. Summoning that army solely to take over the world seemed more than a tad out of character. In a weird way, Loki is kind of like the Marvel equivalent of Lex Luthor. Just replace "science and money" with "magic and high charisma". Blow up the planet? I can build a bomb to do that/have a spell for that. Rule the world? I'm rich and powerful enough to get whatever office I want/I can just shapeshift into the president's form after I kill him. But where's the fun in that? Also, the original roster was less than half right. Some things that didn't even exist in the comics at that time were extremely important to the plot of the film. And that's before we get into the invention of new characters.

But nobody really cares because it got the feel right, alternate universes happen, some of the potential complaints were known well before even walking in, the writers really understood what makes the concept great, the original Avengers storylines happened during one of the campier eras of comics, and because everyone's having too much fun watching it to care. Not even the most annoying comic book fan is likely to bitch about most of it. Except possibly a severe lack of Loki converting multiple Avengers to his side instead of the one mostly useless guy and some scientist nobody really cared about ever. The first Avengers story had him going straight for the Hulk. But I guess then we'd lose out on several great scenes and one of the biggest names.

In summary, it's about as authentic as the average super hero movie, possibly a little better. Except it's so good that you don't have the usual suspects whining about how X was changed or Y was different because they're too busy washing the semen stains out of their pants.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    It's a pretty huge departure. The things they didn't tweak to a massive degree they outright got wrong. The way this team came about is nothing like how it came about in the comics. A lot of that "government agency of superheroes" stuff didn't come about until way later. Loki's methods are a little.... odd as his plots are generally a lot less about winning and more about just trolling the shit out of everyone. Generally speaking (and depending on the writer), if he wanted to take over the world, he pretty much could outright do it. It's just more fun for him to mess with and manipulate everyone. Summoning that army solely to take over the world seemed more than a tad out of character. In a weird way, Loki is kind of like the Marvel equivalent of Lex Luthor. Just replace "science and money" with "magic and high charisma". Blow up the planet? I can build a bomb to do that/have a spell for that. Rule the world? I'm rich and powerful enough to get whatever office I want/I can just shapeshift into the president's form after I kill him. But where's the fun in that? Also, the original roster was less than half right. Some things that didn't even exist in the comics at that time were extremely important to the plot of the film. And that's before we get into the invention of new characters.

But nobody really cares because it got the feel right, alternate universes happen, some of the potential complaints were known well before even walking in, the writers really understood what makes the concept great, the original Avengers storylines happened during one of the campier eras of comics, and because everyone's having too much fun watching it to care. Not even the most annoying comic book fan is likely to bitch about most of it. Except possibly a severe lack of Loki converting multiple Avengers to his side instead of the one mostly useless guy and some scientist nobody really cared about ever. The first Avengers story had him going straight for the Hulk. But I guess then we'd lose out on several great scenes and one of the biggest names.

In summary, it's about as authentic as the average super hero movie, possibly a little better. Except it's so good that you don't have the usual suspects whining about how X was changed or Y was different because they're too busy washing the semen stains out of their pants.
    X-men first class was like that. It was so damned good that you didn't care about all the mistakes vs the comic they made.

Next up Spiderman....

Anyone know if it's a reboot or a continuation of the previous movies? If I have to watch some whiny bitch get bitten by a spider and being bored out of my mind for the first hour again with another origin story I'll shoot myself....or the writers.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    X-men first class was like that. It was so damned good that you didn't care about all the mistakes vs the comic they made.

Next up Spiderman....

Anyone know if it's a reboot or a continuation of the previous movies? If I have to watch some whiny bitch get bitten by a spider and being bored out of my mind for the first hour again with another origin story I'll shoot myself....or the writers.
    I'm not sure it takes quite as many massive liberties with the canon as First Class did, but yes. Same basic idea where quality and feeling > sticking to the established backstory.

It's a reboot. From the looks of things it'll be closer to the comic plot. And by closer I mean it's also going to seemingly throw in some of the messed up retcons about secret agents and other wonderful ideas. Double oh Parker, Peter's destiny and all that. It's cool though, maybe they'll throw in that bit where the spider bite isn't the source of his powers and they'll completely avoid the spider bite scene and fast forward to sticking to walls. Which should be fun times. And by "fun", I mean a concussion waiting to happen.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    I'm not sure it takes quite as many massive liberties with the canon as First Class did, but yes. Same basic idea where quality and feeling > sticking to the established backstory.

It's a reboot. From the looks of things it'll be closer to the comic plot. And by closer I mean it's also going to seemingly throw in some of the messed up retcons about secret agents and other wonderful ideas. Double oh Parker, Peter's destiny and all that. It's cool though, maybe they'll throw in that bit where the spider bite isn't the source of his powers and they'll completely avoid the spider bite scene and fast forward to sticking to walls. Which should be fun times. And by "fun", I mean a concussion waiting to happen.

Horrible. They'll reboot anything after just a few years. just watch, we could see an Avengers reboot by 2020!!!

I think I may boycott this one. Or download it, make a 100 copies and give them away for free to skeet shooters.

Thanks
    EP Points

@Sheras, you changed your signature? Not too sure but I thought the picture was different lol

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by -NTA- View Post
    @Sheras, you changed your signature? Not too sure but I thought the picture was different lol
    Off topic...I'm not a Mod or anything but I do not believe that this is the place for that. Take it to PMs or something.

Anyway, I watched The Muppets the other night with my family. Surprisingly I kinda liked it lol. Gonna watch Tekken: Blood Vengeance with my friend next week...Someone kill me please...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

watched gridiron gang and spiderman 2 today while working on some stuff.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Scream 4 (2011)
    Just entertaiment...
    (3/5)

Thanks

Iron man 2.