Page 149 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4999139144145146147148149150151152153154159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3047

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Wraith

A revenge story light on the actual revenge. Also, so many questions and no actual answers... just what the Hell...

Thanks
    EP Points

Expendables 3. Not bad. Ton of action of course and some funny moments especially with Bandares. It is what it is of course.

7/10

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The Suspect (2013) - Haven't watched a Korean film for a while and this one was pretty good imo.

Ore wa, kimi no tame ni koso shini ni iku (2007) aka For Those We Love - After watching Yamato recently I decided to give this one a go too, it has a fair bit of soppy stuff in it but kinda expected that. Still worth watching imo. Read something on a US site a while back commenting on how this and some other Japanese movies romanticise the war and those involved, but seriously...American movies don't do that? yeah whatever.

Watched both subbed not dubbed

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Suburban Commando

Hulk Hogan as a space man in very early 90 suburbia. Also featuring Frank Welker for 10 seconds as the voice of the bad guy. I have no idea if this is the worst movie ever, or if it's the best thing ever... all I know is that it had Hulk Hogan flinging cats from trees and hurting a mime.

Pacific Rim

Why didn't they just build plasma cannon platforms in space to shoot the giant monsters the moment they appeared, rather than take a lesson from Mobile Fighter G Gundam and make robots to fist fight them?

Minority Report

Firstly, the movie was much too long for its own good; clocking in at about two and a half hours. Secondly, the film started off with lots of CG, only to abandon it about half an hour in and become mostly practical, as if they simply ran out of money. Thirdly, the film suffered from massive mood whiplash; the main character is on the run from the cops, then it goes from a tense standoff to unintentional comedy involving jet packs and a woman screaming to get out of her kitchen while trying to swat them with a spatula. Fourthly, and this is just me, but the product placement was blatant to the point where I knew where they were getting the rest of the money to finish the film.

The Black Hole

Glorious practical effects... but that ending. What in the name of all the various deities was with that ending?

Spoiler warning:
    No really, did he become the Robot Devil from Futurama?
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 22nd-August-2014 at 06:34.

Thanks
    EP Points

X-Men Days of Future Past.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Just watched the first Alien Nation film. Pretty entertaining.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    X-Men Days of Future Past.

aaaaaand?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    aaaaaand?
    I think the series stopped being good a while back. Wasn't terrible but I think I've lost interest.
    Definitely not as entertaining as Cap 2, for me anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Inbetweeners Movie 2

It was alright. Quite funny in places but not the best film, or anywhere near as good as the series.

Thanks
    EP Points

Cadillac Man with Robin Williams. A little dated but still ok I guess.

3/5

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy again. Everything and everyone shine in this movie.

This has to be the biggest success for Marvel Studios to this date, commercially and critically. I know Avengers did it much better in the box office but they already were popular characters and it took them 5 solo movies to build the right momentum. It's quite meritorious what they did with some unknown for the masses characters in their first movie appearance. Now everyone talks about Rocket and Groot proving that there's life beyond the mutants, Spidey and the Avengers.

And this was also the best year for Marvel Studios so far. With Winter Soldier and Guardians, both excellent films, they've proved more than capable to make way different kind of movies based on comic-book properties. Expanding the genres in their films is the smartest way to fight against both the audience exhaustion and those who simplistically label them as the typical superhero flicks.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 5th-September-2014 at 01:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Watched Guardians of the Galaxy again. Everything and everyone shine in this movie.

This has to be the biggest success for Marvel Studios to this date, commercially and critically. I know Avengers did it much better in the box office but they already were popular characters and it took them 5 solo movies to build the right momentum. It's quite meritorious what they did with some unknown for the masses characters in their first movie appearance. Now everyone talks about Rocket and Groot proving that there's life beyond the mutants, Spidey and the Avengers.

And this was also the best year for Marvel Studios so far. With Winter Soldier and Guardians, both excellent films, they've proved more than capable to make way different kind of movies based on comic-book properties. Expanding the genres in their films is the smartest way to fight against the audience exhaustion and those who simplistically label them as the typical superhero flicks.
    I really wanted to see this but I think it'll have to be a DVD job for me. Glad you enjoyed it

Edit: Finally got round to watching hot fuzz. Great film. Enjoyed it way more than Shaun of the Dead.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    I really wanted to see this but I think it'll have to be a DVD job for me. Glad you enjoyed it

Edit: Finally got round to watching hot fuzz. Great film. Enjoyed it way more than Shaun of the Dead.
    It's splendid, Theo. If you still have the chance to watch it on theatres, give it a try. I'm sure you won't regret it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    It's splendid, Theo. If you still have the chance to watch it on theatres, give it a try. I'm sure you won't regret it.
    Bit broke this month If its still on on pay day I'll probably go

Thanks
    EP Points

I really wanna see Guardians but in the same boat as Stark. Hopefully it'll still be in theatres at the end of the month.