Page 148 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152153158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    EP Points

The expendables 3 is out, interesting, was it any bette than expendables 1 or 2, which weren't great?

Thanks
    EP Points

The Amazing Spiderman 2.

Not too bad. It sure as hell beats the first movie maybe because one doesn't have to sit through all the origin crap (AGAIN!!!)

I still can't stand the actor who plays him. Hated Toby too. Effects were good and gave a glimpse of some interesting possible characters for a third movie which I'll get into in a minute. Certain parts were rushed and others way too long especially the overly dramatic garbage which slowed the movie to a halt. Electros origin was probably the silliest thing I've ever seen

The super hero music that plays sometimes when he's swinging around was gay and his little whoohoos when swinging were annoying as fuck.

Still it had some decent action scenes and Emma Stone is visually yummy as always. It also seemed to follow the comics in some regards much better than the Toby ones.

Now for the characters - Having Green Goblin come in near the end was pretty cool and he looked pretty good too. The whole classic death of Gwen Stacy was done well I think. When they kept talking about having the genetically altered spiders "venom" I thought for a moment they were gonna really change shit around and have Harry turn into, well Venom. We saw Felicia Hardy in there as well and given the end of the movie I wonder if we'll see a Black Cat for the next because it looks like we may see a "Sinister Six" for the next one what with Gobby saying to put together a small team to go after Spidey. Even though I don't believe they mentioned her last name Spiderman is going to need a little help and I don't know of who else they could really use that Sony has the rights to - maybe Silver Sable or something??? However the membership lineup may be quite different for the Six. I had a thought that the guy he was talking too may have been Chameleon (quite possibly Mysterio since he's a classic member of the Six) The whole Rhino thing at the very end was ridiculous and should have simply been cut, but maybe they'll open with that battle right off the bat with the third??? Then of course would that mean he's the third member??? Maybe a return of the Lizard too??? Since that secretive dude who went to see the Goblin walked by a pair of wings and tentacles - Vulture and Doc Ock could round off the Six. And maybe they'll introduce Venom as well and flip things a bit and have him in the end help Spidey out against the larger threat as they have done so before in the comic but we're now looking at wayyyy to many characters. Anyhow I'm rambling and all over the place now so enough is enough!!!!!

Welp overall it had it's good and bad and downright silly moments. Better than the first though.

6.5/10

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Regarding your hidden text:
    Spoiler warning:
    In the credits scene they kinda unveil the Sinister Six roster: Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Rhino, Kraven and Mysterio/Chameleon, I'm not sure of that one. So, yeah, you got pretty much all of them right.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Swelter.
    Chinese Zodiac.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    The expendables 3 is out, interesting, was it any bette than expendables 1 or 2, which weren't great?
    They're all entertaining movies, not great flicks but enjoyable if you like the old school cheesy American action films. I was pretty happy to see the bad guy in this one
    But some young new crew additions that detract from the experience imo. I'd say not as good as the other 2 but still ok.
    If you don't like other movies you most probably won't like this one.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Point Fucking Break

I absolutely love this movie. It was when Swayze was at his peak, and pre-Neo days for Keanu. There isn't a slow moment in this movie - truly one of the best 90's action flicks ever committed to celluloid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Point Fucking Break

I absolutely love this movie. It was when Swayze was at his peak, and pre-Neo days for Keanu. There isn't a slow moment in this movie - truly one of the best 90's action flicks ever committed to celluloid.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, Hot Fuzz is fucking A+++ as well. IMO the best of all of the Nick Frost/Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright Movies.

Most people flock to Shaun of the Dead, but Hot Fuzz is where it's at.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Yeah, Hot Fuzz is fucking A+++ as well. IMO the best of all of the Nick Frost/Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright Movies.

Most people flock to Shaun of the Dead, but Hot Fuzz is where it's at.
    Easily my favorite one.

Also to stay on topic, I saw a movie called Hellbaby. It was pretty funny. I expected it to be awful and was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks
    EP Points

Die Monster Die! (1965).
    Godzilla: Final Wars (2004).
    Noah (2014)

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Guardians of the Galaxy-it wasn't a bad movie

Thanks
    EP Points

Ice Soldiers (2013).

What can I say? It was like watching an 80's B flick

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by maverickgirlhunterZ492 View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy-it wasn't a bad movie
    Dying to watch it. But it won't be on theaters here until mid-month :/

Thanks
    EP Points

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Was better than Rise imo

Edit:
    The Raid 2.
    Pretty damn good but I felt it wasn't as good as the first one.
    Two negatives I can think of:
    A car chase/fight scene that seems to happen at low speed
    It goes for two and a half hours, and it isn't non-stop action unfortunately.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 8th-August-2014 at 23:28.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Did a double header today - saw one movie, went and shopped a bit, then turned around and went back to the theater and saw another one
    Guardians of the Galaxy - **** - just fantastic.... and I'm not real crazy about comic movies
    TMNT - * - Pretty freaking awful. Watched it in 3D and with all the shaky camera work and quick cuts I almost walked out with a headache.

Thanks
    EP Points

Puncture Wounds (2014) aka A Certain Justice.

Sabotage (2014) - this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be tbh. I expected it to be terrible because there was a bit of negativity about it, but overall it was a decent enough. I think Arnie is pretty good in this.

Spoiler warning: