Page 161 of 204 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163164165166171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ agreed, though it's understandable in a way.
    they got a head start, we're further back in time. (i was manufactured in 1976)
    i still geek out at the old star treks (all of em really) and have a special love for the babylon5 series that's a 90's job. (amiga and video toast at their finest, sega can eat it! )
    this gem brings back a few: Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. earth star voyager.
    have quite an expanded scifi movie taste, do appreciate others don't.
    agree to disagree, shake on it, and put up barriers.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Batman Vs Superman.

I thought it wasn't that good, it seemed slow to get going and all the action happens in the last 20 minutes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    That movie is 32 years old I don't understand people that can't appreciate classic old movies (warts and all), you do realise anything made today with sfx will look lame in 15-20 years time? Might only take 10 in fact.
    If you've read/played much of the Cyberpunk/Shadowrun genre you may recognize terms like VR, Simsense, Matrix... that are coming into being now. If you've seen trailers for Hardcore Henry, this is probably going to be a large part of "movies" in the future. So it could be that in 10 years people see Terminator and wonder "Whose perspective am I watching? This is so disorienting!"

That said, "Necromentia" is a very Hellraiser-esque trip that centers on cutting, rather than SM overall.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The Finest Hours.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

That movie is 32 years old I don't understand people that can't appreciate classic old movies (warts and all), you do realise anything made today with sfx will look lame in 15-20 years time? Might only take 10 in fact.
    Over the past few months I've watched every remaining film from the imdb top 250 film list, I've watched tons of films, some silent films as old as the 1930's and I've watched my fair share of old films before this but I will say that I believe that Sci-fi which is dependent upon effects generally ages quite poorly but Sci-fi who's main saving grace is it's plot or just regular dramas/thriller age far better simply because a good plot doesn't really age. Granted in the grand scheme of old films I much prefer films from say the 1970's onward at least because I think film stories really started to peak.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Over the past few months I've watched every remaining film from the imdb top 250 film list, I've watched tons of films, some silent films as old as the 1930's and I've watched my fair share of old films before this but I will say that I believe that Sci-fi which is dependent upon effects generally ages quite poorly but Sci-fi who's main saving grace is it's plot or just regular dramas/thriller age far better simply because a good plot doesn't really age. Granted in the grand scheme of old films I much prefer films from say the 1970's onward at least because I think film stories really started to peak.
    Cgi effects are everywhere now, it's like movies are really dependent on them instead of using real props, make-up, vehicles etc. I agree with you about stories though, many older films seem better in that sense but I suspect that's mostly because more recent films recycle older ideas.

Edit:
    Batman Vs Superman.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 11th-May-2016 at 11:47.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So the other day, after several years I rewatched the first live action X-Men film, AKA Rogue and Wolverine: The Movie. It was actually rather shocking how little dialogue Storm had, especially when you look at the cut stuff and realize that about half of her spoken lines were all cut. It deviated heavily from the source, but it still did a pretty decent job... and I still wanted to see Wolvies classic outfit.

Then I watched the second film, which may have well been just called Wolverine: HERE YOU GO FANBOYS, because it was mostly just about him. Out of the original three films this felt the most like a comic book, I suppose, but it really just didn't work. I like Wolvie and all, but for a film called X-Men, I expected more X-Men... but hey, at least they didn't horribly butcher Nightcrawler. Too much.

And then we come to the third film... I honestly hated this one because it just did so much wrong. From what happened to Cyclops, the fate of Xavier, their take on Phoenix, the fact that for 95% of the film she was just standing there doing nothing at all, the ending itself, the fact that they changed Psylocke so much and had so little of her, they basically wrote Rogue out of the film completely... it was just one massive cluster of failure and bad ideas. But hey, at least Storm got some actual lines of dialogue this time around... at the cost of almost every other character.

Thanks
    EP Points

Deadpool

Zoolander 2.

Captain America Civil War.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 14th-May-2016 at 10:33.

Spoiler warning:

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    So the other day, after several years I rewatched the first live action X-Men film, AKA Rogue and Wolverine: The Movie. It was actually rather shocking how little dialogue Storm had, especially when you look at the cut stuff and realize that about half of her spoken lines were all cut. It deviated heavily from the source, but it still did a pretty decent job... and I still wanted to see Wolvies classic outfit.

Then I watched the second film, which may have well been just called Wolverine: HERE YOU GO FANBOYS, because it was mostly just about him. Out of the original three films this felt the most like a comic book, I suppose, but it really just didn't work. I like Wolvie and all, but for a film called X-Men, I expected more X-Men... but hey, at least they didn't horribly butcher Nightcrawler. Too much.

And then we come to the third film... I honestly hated this one because it just did so much wrong. From what happened to Cyclops, the fate of Xavier, their take on Phoenix, the fact that for 95% of the film she was just standing there doing nothing at all, the ending itself, the fact that they changed Psylocke so much and had so little of her, they basically wrote Rogue out of the film completely... it was just one massive cluster of failure and bad ideas. But hey, at least Storm got some actual lines of dialogue this time around... at the cost of almost every other character.
    Eh, I think (read: thought, haven't watched it in 10 years or so) the second one was pretty decent whilst the first and third were pretty much shit. Haven't really been keeping up with the Marvel movies of the past decade; I can never really decide if that's a good thing or not.
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 15th-May-2016 at 22:02.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah they've been playing the X-men trilogy a lot on TV lately for obvious reasons.

I started to watch the third when I happened across it. I didn't get very far

I agree. They really butchered that film. They went so far afield with some of the characters it almost physically hurts. Hopefully Psylocke is more true to form in the new movie. She looks the part at least. Well the ninja version anyhow, doubt they'll explain the whole body swapping/combining thingum though which I sorta understand. It would take her own movie at least to do that.

Another thing that really irked me about Last Stand was Juggernaut. It would be great to have an X movie in the vein of First Class and have him as the main villain and have a class of X students and Chuck take him on. Bring in Black Tom and have Banshee return as well as Moira maybe maybe setting up Muir island and in doing so bringing Wolfsbane which could replace Wolverine as a feral front line fighter. There's nothing that says they can't go back and have it set between Days (the past) and Apocalypse for an adventure. These movies are getting a bit much with the whole mass destruction world on the brink sorta thing going on lately.

Also the whole Pheonix thing was retarded too. I read somewhere there may be a hint of it in the new movie and have a sinking feeling the next one after Apocalypse may be another attempt at this.

There's a whole bunch of other characters who were stupid too. Calisto, Multipleman, Angel and of course how under used Cyclops is in pretty much all three movies.

Ok rant done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, way too many characters added in X3 because why not but with no real purpose :/ X2 was really cool tho.

BTW already watched Civil War. Man, dare I say it's the best Marvel movie so far? It's soo good :O

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Yeah, way too many characters added in X3 because why not but with no real purpose :/ X2 was really cool tho.

BTW already watched Civil War. Man, dare I say it's the best Marvel movie so far? It's soo good :O
    Did you think
    Spoiler warning:
    the chase in the tunnel looked a bit...odd? I mean a couple of the characters running didn't look like very good sfx. I replayed that bit again because it bothered me.

Overall I enjoyed Deadpool a lot more tbh. Probably because it seemed so different to the other stuff we've been getting. I also think Winter Soldier was better than Civil War.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Did you think
    Spoiler warning:
    the chase in the tunnel looked a bit...odd? I mean a couple of the characters running didn't look like very good sfx. I replayed that bit again because it bothered me.

Overall I enjoyed Deadpool a lot more tbh. Probably because it seemed so different to the other stuff we've been getting. I also think Winter Soldier was better than Civil War.
    Eh, not really, looked good to me. Nothing beats the airport scene tho, that's one of the best scenes I've ever seen.

Winter Soldier is still great but Civil War is much more complex in every sense. So many characters to deal with and so many plotlines. Some of them coming to an end, some others just starting and setting the general tone for the Phase 3. The final result is really meritorious.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Eh, not really, looked good to me. Nothing beats the airport scene tho, that's one of the best scenes I've ever seen.

Winter Soldier is still great but Civil War is much more complex in every sense. So many characters to deal with and so many plotlines. Some of them coming to an end, some others just starting and setting the general tone for the Phase 3. The final result is really meritorious.
    Haven't seen Civil war yet but correct me if I'm wrong - don't we have enough characters now introduced (since Ultron actually) to form a West Coast Avengers team?

Also this would be post 10000

Thanks

Last movies I watched were Deadpool and Star Wars 7