Page 147 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3048

Thread: Recently Watched Movies

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Non-Stop.
    Kinda boring really, but got a little interesting towards the end. Not a great movie though imo.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Italian Job. The remake.

All around fun flick - great cast

3.5/5

Thanks
    EP Points

Watched a few movies in the last few weeks:

We're the Millers (2013) - * 1/2 - Pretty terrible movie. The only redeeming factor is Jennifer Aniston during her stripper segments. You Waifu lovers won't be interested in it though.
    Darjeeling Limited (2007) - *** 1/2 - Great movie.... ashamed I missed it when it was released. If you like Wes Anderson movies you'll love this.
    Grand Budapest Hotel (2013) - **** - Same as the above - Wes Anderson at his finest, outside of Rushmore IMO. Fantastic quirky comedy.
    Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (1992) - *** - Hadn't seen this movie in probably 15 years or more... still holds its entertainment value, and also contained a large dash of nostalgia.
    Stoker (2013) - *** 1/2 - Amazing movie by the director of Old Boy - this is his first English movie. I pretty much like everything he's done, and this is no exception. Very twisted movie.
    Prometheus (2012) - *** - Originally I gave this movie a 4 star rating, but now that I've seen it a few times there are some pretty glaring flaws in it. I still really enjoy the movie since hardcore sci-fi is a category that we really don't get these days, so it gets points for fantastic set design and special effects, but the overall arch of the movie is fairly wank. Still, it's obviously better than anything you'll see on the sy-fy channel or any lousy B grade flick.
    Hangover 3 (2013) - ** - Uh yeah..... it was definitely better than Hangover 2 (since that was a reskinned version of the original, only taking place in Bangkok), but it was pretty flat for a comedy. It had a few funny parts early on, but once the movie got going the laughs really slowed up and it was more of a "groan fest" with tired jokes and innuendo.
    This is 40 (2013) - *** - Surprisingly funny comedy about life when hitting the middle age mark, and it has really endearing actors. If you've seen other Judd Apatow movies, you know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised by this movie and on more than a few occasions it made me crack up. Old farts like Sprung and Legion will enjoy this

Ted (2012) - * 1/2 - The first time I saw this movie I got a good chuckle out of it just because it was so absurd, and the dancing scene with Giovanni Ribisi was probably worth the price of admission, but after seeing it again this movie is pretty fucking terrible. Yeah, Mila Kunis is hot, and Marky Mark is always funny because he plays a great asshole and a fantastic jackass, but the movie is just an overlong R Rated Family Guy episode and has no real staying power.
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 30th-June-2014 at 07:32.

Thanks
    EP Points

After Hours - Suprisingly good film, I like Martin Scorcese and I really enjoyed this film.
    The Perks of being a Wallflower - More serious than I expected it to be. it's basically a giant PSA for abuse victims to talk about it.
    The 400 Blows - I feel like a massive idiot but I didn't enjoy this film as much as I thought I would have, maybe because I feel asleep halfway through and watched the remaining section the following morning.
    Bicycle Thieves - It was on my "I should watch this" list for a few months now and I have to admit to admit this film was very good, I can't really fault it all.

I'm impressed to hear Park Chan-Wook directed an English film, I'll add that to my list.
    Last edited by Tassadar; 30th-June-2014 at 10:58.

Thanks
    EP Points

Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013).
    Space Battleship Yamato (2010).
    Yamato (2005).
    Europa Report (2013).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Recently watched [REC]. don't know about it? Zombies, Foreign, Gruesome, Splendid horror film.
    FC for Goldeneye: 0469-2278-4786
    Official Wii friend code: 8375-3633-0853-8466

Add me and might add you back!

Youtube (videos coming soon): www.youtube.com/channel/UC995e2SKD_U6LR8WaT41THg

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Guyver 2: Dark Hero

Solid Snake in a robot suit fighting guys in monster suits. What's not to like? Though being a fan of the manga, it still bugs me how little of the suits powers are being used. But then, I guess it would cost lots of money which the movie obviously didn't have.

Thanks
    EP Points

Zatoichi: Darkness is his Ally (1989)

The last chapter in the epic samurai-drama saga I grew up with.. Took forever to find it subbed. Almost kind of sad, last time seeing Shintaro Katsu as Ichi.. Although I recently read there was a spinoff by Toho which doesn't look that bad and I really digged Beat Takeshi's 2003 work with Zatoichi too.
    "Throw a stone into the water, it will make a ripple. One day that ripple becomes a wave."
    Wiegraf Folles, Final Fantasy Tactics

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dyyavol View Post
    Zatoichi: Darkness is his Ally (1989)

The last chapter in the epic samurai-drama saga I grew up with.. Took forever to find it subbed. Almost kind of sad, last time seeing Shintaro Katsu as Ichi.. Although I recently read there was a spinoff by Toho which doesn't look that bad and I really digged Beat Takeshi's 2003 work with Zatoichi too.
    That movie pretty much sucked, comparing it to all the other Zatoichi movies... Sure, the last 15 minutes were awesome when he wrecked like 50 people, but the magic of the old films was lost.

Beat Takeshi's movie was good though.... doubtful we'll see anymore Z films for quite some time though, if ever.

EDIT: Why did you have trouble finding it subtitled? I remember renting the DVD back in 2004 or so at the local Blockbuster and it was subbed and dubbed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    EDIT: Why did you have trouble finding it subtitled? I remember renting the DVD back in 2004 or so at the local Blockbuster and it was subbed and dubbed.
    At the time of its original distribution, I was coming up on two years old, and I've actually never seen VHS nor DVD of Zatoichi (1989) in the part of east Ukraine I grew up in. Although a few of the other 26 films had VHS copies here and there (mostly in Kharkiv, still never watched 15 or 8 entirely) but I've recently relocated so I'm still catching up with a lot of films and releases that I might have missed due to region issues. So a mixture of that and having no time to actually look for physical copies of it is why.

EDIT: So is the 2010 Toho release worth watching? Or will it just make you upset that it used the Z license at all? I might still get it and watch it with the s/o just to kill time one of these days.
    "Throw a stone into the water, it will make a ripple. One day that ripple becomes a wave."

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't worry about upsetting Flava, he'll find something to rant about regardless

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I wanted to know if I should still watch it, since he's seen it.

ONTOPIC:

I recently saw [Evangelion 3.33]4/5, it was marvelous and made me have a few "end of days"/apocalypse time-period dreams. When work isn't devouring my time more I want to sketch one into maybe a signature to use here. Excited to see 4.44 and the real "End" of the series as it was intended.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Kamen Rider ZO

Had a bunch of guys beating the crap out of one another in rubbed suits mixed with glorious practical effects. What's not to like? Well, the fact that it's marred by early 90s super horrible CGI for one thing, and the other being the story that was pretty incomprehensible due to the fact that it explained virtually nothing at all besides the 20 second flashback regarding how this Rider came to be.

RoboCop 2014

Short of the Star Trek films, I have never been so LIVID in my entire life. This film was an abomination and every time they made cute little references to the original, I died a little inside. This was a massive violation of my mind and emotions.

Total Recall 2012

Nowhere near as bad as I imagined it to be, or what I heard. I really enjoyed it.

Total Recall 1990

Still a great movie with glorious practical effects.

Looper

I really liked it, and I really wasn't expecting what I got when I went into the movie.

CSA: Confederate States of America

Amusing, if a tad bit lazy, satire with several dashes of truth that I had no idea about until now. Plus it had several fake commercials and a news cast, which I enjoyed for what they were.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 27th-July-2014 at 04:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Artificial Intelligence - I loved this film up until the ending with the aliens, dear god what a terrible excuse to just inject a happy ending into what would have otherwise been a sad story, the kid should have just froze under water all those years ago and that was it, bringing in Aliens was a cheap excuse to just put a happy ending in. The rest of the film I really enjoyed.

Thanks
    EP Points

300 Rise of an Empire.
    Lone Survivor.
    The Expendables 3.

Spoiler warning: