Thread: Heroes

Thanks

Default Heroes

Who here has seen this or will want to see it when it comes to Sci-fi UK this month?

It's an awesome show even though the concept of evolutionary development of "Super Powers" has been already done in such scenes as Xmen, Mutant X, and various other comics, cartoons and TV shows and movies.

This show doesn't just show the "Heroes" with fully formed and eveloped powers from the get go, no it actually takes the time and effort to give the characters a personality prior to their fairly unique discoveries and beyond.

This show also keeps you guessing about the identities of various shifty characters and their intentions towards these Heroes whether intentional or unknowingly.

Even after 11 episodes i'm already hooked for the next few series' and apparently the story concept has already been written for the first 5 series', so I'm happy. What about you?

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks
    EP Points

I never heard of it. But then again, I very seldom watch other stuff than anime on the TV . When I think about it, I never use my TV to do other things than play videogames and watch anime.

Thanks

Well it's starting on the Sci-fi channel in the UK in Febuary sometime and here's the page on Sci-fi UK if you want to look at it a bit more closely http://www.scifiuk.com/heroes/

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

the 2nd season i believe starts up soon. It's very good show, yes it is kind of x-men and mutant x but it takes a different spin i think.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think it's the second part of the first season.

It's a pretty good show. It will be interesting to see where they go with Peter's character, seeing as the final moments of the 11th episode painted a pretty grim picture.

I can only hope that unlike the writers of Lost, they actually have an overall story in mind, instead of just winging it, which I've heard they did early on in the season. I doubt they have five seasons worth of ideas hammered out though. It'd be good if they did, because I'd hate this show to go the route that Lost did, starting out strong only to stumble in later seasons due to lack of a concrete direction.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kick ass, will definitely watch this when it premieres on TV over here. I've been relying on torrents so far. It's been patchy in places but it's definitely had moments of awesomeness, such as the entire "Homecoming" episode.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Let's hope they decide to air it soon here in Spain too :/, I've only heard good things about it.

Thanks

Yes for the Americans and us downloaders the half of series 1 (ep 12) will be airing on the 22nd of January, so the 23rd for the torrents.

Thanks

This is one of my favorite shows on TV. I am really looking foward to it. I will watch 24 on Sunday and Heroes on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

There's promos on a channel over here, so far I only have seen the one of the guy who can make a clock go backwards and the indestructible girl...looks good. It's suppossed to be shown here on Feb or something.

Thanks

I think it might have been the Monday 12th of February on Sci-Fi Uk, but don't take my word for it as I only read it once and didn't commit it to memory as i'd still be downloading the rest instead of watching it on TV.

Thanks

I saw a few episodes of the first season and was hooked but I don't have time to watch it that much.

The indestructible girl is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus View Post
    I shaved my pubic hair fully off a couple weeks back. Not something I want to experience again. I mean, the first day or two were alright, but when it started to grow back it was bullshit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    The indestructible girl is cool.
    And she is sexy as hell. A little younger than me but still legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'v seen advrts on TV, and I'm really looking forward to it from what I've read.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

My top 5 characters from Heroes are:

1) Hiro Nakamura
    2) Calire Bennet
    3) Peter Petrelli
    4) Isaac Mendez
    5) HRG/Mr. Bennet