Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: EP Complete PSX NTSC-U Collection

Thanks

There I edited the post you happy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Beast Wars - Transformers [U] [SLUS-00508] From Part B is The European Version of the game. When you load the game up in ePSXe you'll notice it says Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. While using Scph1001 bios the main video will not play but has sound, while using Scph7502 bios the video will play. The voices also sound different or it could be that I haven't played the game for many years and do not own it anymore So I might just think the voices are different. But anyways It should say Sony Computer Entertainment America for US version

Thanks

Check the serial file on the disc and tell us what it says. You might be right about this I just want to be absolutely sure. It sounds as if I have a lot of work to do in getting the games up both here and perfect copies up on UG. This is going to take a long time.

Thanks
    EP Points

ehh.... Yeah... I'm not sure on how to check but if you could explain where to look I can easily check then. so if you reply back within two hours on how to find it. I'll be able to tell you sometime quickly after the two hours. but for now I must leave.

Thanks

There is a file that is named SLUS_###.## on the root directory of the disc. The SLUS letters (also SCUS for US games) will change depending on the region. SLES and SCUS is PAL and SLPS and SCPS is JAP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrie View Post
    There I edited the post you happy.
    Yes. Very. Now I can read the damn thing. lol.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by almostalive2003 View Post
    ehh.... Yeah... I'm not sure on how to check but if you could explain where to look I can easily check then. so if you reply back within two hours on how to find it. I'll be able to tell you sometime quickly after the two hours. but for now I must leave.
    Easiest way to do this...
    Download & install Daemon Tools 3.47:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/?236

Click the little Daemon Tools icon in your system tray, then click Device 0:, and choose the .cue, .ccd, or .mds file for your ISO.

Now go to My Computer, and look for a new CD drive, double click that new CD drive to open it, then search through it for the file that Haldrie told you about.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin View Post
    Easiest way to do this...
    Download & install Daemon Tools 3.47:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/?236

Click the little Daemon Tools icon in your system tray, then click Device 0:, and choose the .cue, .ccd, or .mds file for your ISO.

Now go to My Computer, and look for a new CD drive, double click that new CD drive to open it, then search through it for the file that Haldrie told you about.
    I already knew that part but thank you.

As to the file it is SLUS_005.08

So which leave me wondering why does it still say Sony Computer Entertainment Europe on the game?? All the other games I've played by them say America except for Alundra it says Sony Computer Entertainment English Translation

I tested it with pSX 1.11 using Scph1001 bios. It started up just fine.
    It is very strange but sorry for any problems I may have caused

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks

It is possible that someone changed the serial code.

So, do this to be absolutely sure.

You'll need an emulator that uses video plugins, like ePSXe.
    Go to Config > Video > Configure > put a check next to "Use FPS limit", "Use frame skipping", and "Show FPS display on startup.

Make sure "Auto-detect FPS/Frame skipping limit" is selected.

Now start the game, and look at the top left of your screen for a number.
    If it stays around 59.9, then you have the NTSC-US version.

But if it maxes out at 50.0 FPS, then you either have the PAL version with an altered serial code, or you have the US version but it's been patched to PAL.

Thanks
    EP Points

It stayed around 59.9. So the Image is good for as far as I can tell.
    I just find this really strange and wish i still owned the game so i could check that. So as it stands right now Sorry for the false assumption.

I know for sure Legend of Legaia says America since i still own that game, Then Medievil and Legend of Dragoon which i have downloaded says America. I wish I still owned Alundra also to see if the actual games says Sony Computer Entertainment English Translation, but I no longer own that game either, and it also check out just fine with me doing those two checks.

So in my quest of downloading all the Good copies of Playstation games for US. I'm going to check them all and see if any other Sony Computer Entertainment games say Europe or English Translation or anything else for that matter. Because I would think that for the games they put out in America would say Sony Computer Entertainment America and for Europe-Europe and Japan-Japan.

But again Sorry and thanks for the help in figuring some things out

Edit: My good old friend still owns the beast wars game. So I'm having him check it out when ever he gets a chance to, to see what word is after Sony Computer Entertainment and that will clear most things other than leaving me clueless as to why it says Europe if his copy does indeed say Europe
    Last edited by almostalive2003; 27th-February-2007 at 04:55.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,739 Times in 665 Posts

EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by almostalive2003 View Post
    I wish I still owned Alundra also to see if the actual games says Sony Computer Entertainment English Translation, but I no longer own that game either, and it also check out just fine with me doing those two checks.
    That's not right, it should say Sony Computer Entertainment America as normal. Although I haven't tested it on a emulator, just on my PSX. Here, check out a perfect image of it I uploaded recently.

http://www.epforums.org/showpost.php...4&postcount=73
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try pyLoad, CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks

If the serial is a US one and it's running at 60fps and the games startup screen is saying Europe then either there is something weird going on with the emulator or this a very well done hack.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    That's not right, it should say Sony Computer Entertainment America as normal. Although I haven't tested it on a emulator, just on my PSX. Here, check out a perfect image of it I uploaded recently.

http://www.epforums.org/showpost.php...4&postcount=73
    Well I downloaded your copy of the game and it still says Sony Computer Entertainment English Translation on the main screen . I do not own a modded PSX or PS2 so I cant test the image on the actual system, but that is strange for it to say different things on the actual system and emulator from something i would figure would just be a type of image of sort that would be permanent.

I just realized that we might be talking about different screens. As I think possibly your talking about the playstation logo screen and im talking about the games screens.

Heres the Beast Wars Screen I'm talking about

The Alundra Screen

This screen is from Legend of Legaia and looks the exact same in Legend of Dragoon

Now if this is normal for Sony to release different games for the US with different Words in those spots then I caused to much unnecessary worry with my concern.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,739 Times in 665 Posts

EP Points

Those screens are part of the game. Individual companies will set them to display whatever they please

The screen that would show funny text if the game was a hack is the second screen you'd see on a normal bootup. First the PSX boots up and shows a white screen with a Sony icon, then when the copyright info is confirmed and the game is booting it changes to a black sceen with PlayStation icon. That's the one to look at, it's say the licening info at the bottom. The pSX emulator supposedly displays it corrently.
    *Warning* New downloaders. DO NOT install Jdownloader with the web installer, it contains malware. Get the offline installer, or JD2. Or try pyLoad, CryptLoad or Mipony.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I noticed that the main boot screen were proper. It just seemed strange to me that Games released under Sony for America were saying something else other than America which made me concern. Specifically with Beast Wars since it says Europe. Alundra really never bothered me much because I was figuring it was just translated to English by Sony but still seemed a little strange not saying America so I mentioned that as well.

At least we now know I was being over cautious about it and it came out to be just fine in the end which is great.