Thread: I give up :\

Thanks

Unhappy I give up :\

I just spent the best part of 15 hours downloading FFVII. So here I am with 29 .part files, and I can't get any of the disks to combine.

For each disk I have tried extracting the .part01 archive only; and that causes WinRAR to extract the .part01 archive, then stop as soon as it has.

I've tried seperating all of the disks into seperate folders and then ^ trying again.

I've tried highlighting all of the part files for each disk and then telling them to extract in the same place, which results in WinRAR extracting the .part01 archive, and then stopping as soon as it has.

I've tried extracting from the normal folder window, and I've tried extracting from the WinRAR window.

I've tried extracting .part01, then extracting .part02, but then it wants to overwrite the files from .part01.

I've tried everything I can think of.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Be sure all the files are labelled correctly. Put all the files for the first disc in the same folder, then right click the first part and hit extract here. The extraction will start with part 1 and will continue with the rest as long as all the parts are in the same folder. You should get the image file once it finishes. Do the same with the other discs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds silly, but when you extract the first part - how big is the resultant file?

Thanks

Default Never mind

Strangely enough, I reset my computer and it works now :\

Thanks for the help and quick responces

So yeah, I have the 4 files, can you tell me how to make them into a ISO?

Do I just add them to a new archive and then change the file extention or something?

Thanks again

Thanks
    EP Points

I guess the 4 files you have are IMG/SUB/CCD/CUE, correct me if I'm wrong. Why do you want to make an ISO file? with what you have you can burn it to cd with CDRWin or Alcohol or you can play it in an emu, no need to convert it.
    Open the cue or the ccd file with your favorite burning software to burn it if thats what you want.

Thanks

Ah, you're right about the files. And I though I had to convert it all into an ISO to play it on ePSXe. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    EP Points

You are welcome, enjoy your game

Thanks

just in case you didn't know, epsxe reads .img, .bin, .iso, and on occasions but not always .mdf these all come with there own file for "cue sheets"...personally i'd recommend mounting the cue sheet that comes with the image file using a program called daemon tools, which is a virtual cd rom drive, and then selecting "run cd" that way you wont miss out on sound or anything in the emulator

oh and one more thing, for squaresoft as well as other games that have a lil trouble in epsxe, i suggest psxeven it has a nice interface and serves as a good back up to those games that just dont wanna run right in epsxe... but if you run it fine in epsxe then more power to you