Thread: I just have a quick burning question...

Thanks

Default I just have a quick burning question...

Ok, so I downloaded disk 1 of Final Fantasy 9 and all 10 parts. From reading around I figured out that you only need to unzip the first part and keep the remaining 9 files archived in order to play the game on ePSXe. My question is, which files do I burn onto a CD? Do I burn all ten parts unzipped? Or do I burn the first part unzipped and the remaining parts archived?

Another question, when I unzip the file, the game is in .bin form. Will I be able to use Nero to burn onto a CD?

I'm only burning the game on to CD-Rs so it doesn't take up space on my harddrive. I plan on playing the game from the CD on my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a major noob with all of this stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jomesphat
    Ok, so I downloaded disk 1 of Final Fantasy 9 and all 10 parts. From reading around I figured out that you only need to unzip the first part and keep the remaining 9 files archived in order to play the game on ePSXe.
    Wrong. You can ditch the rest when the extraction is complete. Having to only extract the first one is because the program gets the content out of the other 9 files.

Another question, when I unzip the file, the game is in .bin form. Will I be able to use Nero to burn onto a CD?
    I would believe so.

I'm only burning the game on to CD-Rs so it doesn't take up space on my harddrive. I plan on playing the game from the CD on my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a major noob with all of this stuff.
    The game would run much faster if you'd let it on your comp.

That's it for me, I'm not big on burning myself. Can't even remember when's the last time I did so.

Thanks

Are you sure you keep the other 9 parts zipped...? Usually all the ISO's i've ever burned that are in parts. You have them rared. Then you just unrar the first file and it unrars the whole ISO. Then you burn the ISO to disc with something like Alcohol 120%.

Thanks

Ooh ok, I got it. I was under the impression you needed to keep the rest of the .rar files. It all makes sense now. Thanks for the help.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

You can play PSX games with ePSXe by playing the game from your CD drive, but it's not recommended you do that.

You'll find the game will run better if you play it as a CD image (a.k.a ISO--in your case, one that's in the bin format) on your hard drive.

What I would do is either rar or 7-zip the bin file (what, no cue?) and burn the rar or 7-zip file to CD or DVD. This will save on CD's as you can fit more than one rared game on CD. Then when you want to play, just extract the bin from the rar to your hard drive.

Or you could burn the bin file as data to a DVD and then whenever you want, copy the bin from your DVD to your hard drive and play it that way.
    Just make sure you don't try to burn the bin as an image to your DVD.

Obviously you'll also want to try and put as many games as you can on each CD or DVD so you don't waste alot of space on them, so you'll want to burn as many rar files, 7-zip files, or CD images (again: burn as data, not as images) to each CD or DVD to fill them up as much as you can.