Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ps1 / psx scene releases

Thanks

nope, although with a scene release you will be guaranteed that it is a 1:1 copy that will work, otherwise the release would be nuked and would not be spread.

alot of psx games that get passed around are re rips of old scene releases, or repacked.

and well a scene release usually comes with a dir like this
    Arc_The_Lad_Collection_Usa_PSX-MIRACLE with an nfo and checksum file, i uploaded the nfo for this if u wanna read..

You aint gonna find any original PSX releases from the scene anymore because of this.

dude.. i know there arent any new ones lol .. looking for the original releases that were released < 4 years ago. i know there are people out there that have them archived, its just a matter of finding them

and, Vhailor, yes, that is exactly why i'm collecting them. thanks for understanding
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor
    I'd assume he's looking for the original releases for the novelty value. Collecting, and so forth.
    But wtf does that matter? I could make a rip that's just as good as the old PSX scene ones. I don't see how a rip made today with A120 or ISOBuster would be any different to those from long ago by the groups. Hell, even most Dreamcast games by the groups aren't packed the original way anymore. It's not like they ever used a special packing procedure that couldn't be replicated. I just fail to see the relevance here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hes trying to preserve the PS1 releases, its as simple as that. Some people have a certain respect for the scene, and he obviously does. Leave it at that.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xslash
    nope, although with a scene release you will be guaranteed that it is a 1:1 copy that will work, otherwise the release would be nuked and would not be spread.

alot of psx games that get passed around are re rips of old scene releases, or repacked.

and well a scene release usually comes with a dir like this
    Arc_The_Lad_Collection_Usa_PSX-MIRACLE with an nfo and checksum file, i uploaded the nfo for this if u wanna read..

You aint gonna find any original PSX releases from the scene anymore because of this.

dude.. i know there arent any new ones lol .. looking for the original releases that were released < 4 years ago. i know there are people out there that have them archived, its just a matter of finding them

and, Vhailor, yes, that is exactly why i'm collecting them. thanks for understanding
    Dude, you still don't get it do you? YOU WILL NOT FIND THE ORIGINAL RELEASES FOR PSX ANYMORE. I'm not talking about new ones, because obviously there aren't any. What I am saying is, since any ol' dimwit with half a brain can rip a PSX game properly nowadays, the original scene releases are no longer as important to have as they once were. I have been dling these games for a very long time now, and I have yet to come across one. All anyone has to do to verify the game will work after being ripped is to use 2 tools called TOC reader and ISOBuster to read the data on the image to make sure it's structure matches that of the original disc exactly. http://forums.emuparadise.org/showpo...34&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by Borman
    Hes trying to preserve the PS1 releases, its as simple as that. Some people have a certain respect for the scene, and he obviously does. Leave it at that.
    That's completely understandable, but it's not like the groups ever etched their names onto their PSX releases, at least not that I've seen. I know with DC games if you mount them usually it will show the title in windows like "ECH-game" or "EUR-game" for Echelon and Eurasia respectively. I too want to help keep the emu scene alive and that's why I've been spreading the good rips of games around that are proven to work and be perfect images. There's too many bad rips out there anymore.

I aint trying to make an arguement out of this, just stating that what you are doing might turn out to be a very long and futile goal to achieve.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 27th-December-2005 at 04:56.

Thanks

Dude, you still don't get it do you? YOU WILL NOT FIND THE ORIGINAL RELEASES FOR PSX ANYMORE. I'm not talking about new ones, because obviously there aren't any. What I am saying is, since any ol' dimwit with half a brain can rip a PSX game properly nowadays, the original scene releases are no longer as important to have as they once were. I have been dling these games for a very long time now, and I have yet to come across one. All anyone has to do to verify the game will work after being ripped is to use 2 tools called TOC reader and ISOBuster to read the data on the image to make sure it's structure matches that of the original disc exactly. http://forums.emuparadise.org/showp...734&postcount=1

pretty sure there are people out there who have them archived, heck i still find PS2 scene releases that came out in 2000. But yes you are right about the ripping thing..

and intros were definitely used more in the dreamcast scene, not so much in the psx scene (pdx did some).. but anyways, seeing as my entire archive is composed of scene releases, thats why i'm going after psx ones.

Thanks

I can definately understand why people collect the scene releases. Lately I've gotten a few PSX files with errors or stuff ripped out, and it's fustrating, as well as time consuming to go back and find an optimal copy. It probably doesn't matter to everyone, and although I know we are lucky to even be able to emulate games, at times i wish there were a standard of some sort. It's cool that xslash came to EP and asked, i think it reflects that this site is reputable and a solid source.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xslash

Dude, you still don't get it do you? YOU WILL NOT FIND THE ORIGINAL RELEASES FOR PSX ANYMORE. I'm not talking about new ones, because obviously there aren't any. What I am saying is, since any ol' dimwit with half a brain can rip a PSX game properly nowadays, the original scene releases are no longer as important to have as they once were. I have been dling these games for a very long time now, and I have yet to come across one. All anyone has to do to verify the game will work after being ripped is to use 2 tools called TOC reader and ISOBuster to read the data on the image to make sure it's structure matches that of the original disc exactly. http://forums.emuparadise.org/showp...734&postcount=1

pretty sure there are people out there who have them archived, heck i still find PS2 scene releases that came out in 2000. But yes you are right about the ripping thing..

and intros were definitely used more in the dreamcast scene, not so much in the psx scene (pdx did some).. but anyways, seeing as my entire archive is composed of scene releases, thats why i'm going after psx ones.
    Ah okay. I never really liked those special DC intros though. I feel that if you are going to rip a game, try to leave it in it's original state as much as humanly possible. Those intros were needless and unnecessary and are pretty much the equivalent of graffiti on a wall in an urban backalley. I appreciate the effort put forth in the releases, just keep the logos n shit to the NFOs. I am a gaming purist I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca
    I can definately understand why people collect the scene releases. Lately I've gotten a few PSX files with errors or stuff ripped out, and it's fustrating, as well as time consuming to go back and find an optimal copy. It probably doesn't matter to everyone, and although I know we are lucky to even be able to emulate games, at times i wish there were a standard of some sort. It's cool that xslash came to EP and asked, i think it reflects that this site is reputable and a solid source.
    I wish there was a set standard too. I have a standard nailed down that I use pretty much, for naming conventions and packing. I make an NFO, include various info about the game's region, disc image file size, how it's packed, plus links to gamefaqs. I pack the games with winrar, and use special custom made SFX modules for making 15MB split rars that can be unpacked using the exe file, so there's no fuss in the extraction process. Call them somewhat "n00b-proof", for obvious reasons. I also use a 2% recovery record in case of accidental corruption.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 27th-December-2005 at 05:15.

Thanks

yea the scene intros on DC games were kinda annoying. When I load a game, im not interested in seeing some crew's plaque accompanied by crappy techno that I can't skip through.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca
    yea the scene intros on DC games were kinda annoying. When I load a game, im not interested in seeing some crew's plaque accompanied by crappy techno that I can't skip through.

Thanks

As long as they are isos and not rips what does it matter?

Thanks

Hi! Do you search for one like this?

I found this a while ago...PAL2NTSC programs on PSX doesn�t work very well...(Sigh)
    Last edited by MagmaR; 29th-December-2005 at 18:35.
    #1 Member of AAA (Astonish & Amazing Asa-sempai) (the green haired anime girl in my avatar)
    Watch Shuffle!

Thanks

you should search on releasegroups

MRN , MiRACLE, DNL, Kalisto, pRAYparationH, DARKFORCE, HiGH-SOCiETY, ConFuSiON, PsXOne, MiNiME, WpR, CSiSO, ORGASM, PARADOX, EiTheL, XSide, SIGNUM, NOITAMI, SOULPSX, MUDS, Lightforce, HydRoGeN, CURE, THF, GOODLIFE, DUPLO, SpT, iSOSPHERE, ViNTAGE, STATiC, Hooligans, Hooligans, DYNAMiTE, TEG-PSX, LOST, Accession, MONOPOLY, XYLENE, RUSH ,TREASON ....

Maybe this will help you

Thanks

You're unlikely to find PSX scene releases just lying around for any and all to download.

As has been previously stated, archives of releases are kept by groups and some sites but of course such archives are private.

The point to scene releases is that they are almost always correctly ripped and any problems result in a REPACK or a Crackfix if needed. Now that most anyone can rip a game, there is a higher margin of error. In scene releases all errors were corrected whenever possible, as groups followed fairly strict releasing rules.

Thanks

xslash: There is a hidden channel on efnet where a particular fileserver last year had original distros of some ps1 games from 2001-2003 or so. Just checked and the channel still exists. Don't see the fellow's fserv running at the mo, though you're welcome to ask him about his games. PM me if you wanna give it a shot (original poster only).