Thread: Help with epsxe and FF7

Thanks

Unhappy Help with epsxe and FF7

Yeah, just trying to play it on epsxe. I've downloaded all 10 parts of the first disc and then I use winrar to extract the first part, and try to play the img file on that. Did I do that right? Or is there a method to compile all partitions into some kind of file that will all play at the same time on epsxe?

I'm asking because whenever I try to play it, everything's all fast, like you see the opening sequence of FF7 after you hit new game, the sound's been like uber accelerated as well as the video. everything else's fine though...

...Not sure if this matters but on epsxe, I downloaded and am using Pete's open GL for video and the things already inside epsxe for sound... should I get something different?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks

You might want to try enabling the fps limit under the video card settings, and use the autodetection feature. It should help to regulate the speed of your game
    Behind every action awaits the corresponding consequences <br>

Thanks
    EP Points

What DarkFang suggested should fix your problem.

For your emulator/plugins try these
    ePSXe 1.60(I'm guessing you already have 1.60, but just to make sure your not using an old version since there's no need for an older verion with FF7)
    One of Pete's plugins for your video plugin. http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm If you have a newer video card try Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU, if not use one of Pete's Windows OGL/D3D PSX GPUs(OpenGL if you have an nvidia card or D3D otherwise). Make sure you have the latest versions too.

P.E.Op.S. DSound PSX SPU or Eternal SPU v1.41 for your sound plugin.

Thanks

Talking Thanks!!!

Wow, everything's fine now, thanks guys!

And yes, I already have the open GL2 and the newer version of epsxe and also the Eternal SPU. They all work fine together.

...All I need now is a faster laptop. Sometimes during battles and transitions from a screen to another, it'll slow down, and the only way to stop it is to have the most minimum settings (windowed, low native psx resolutions, 16-bit color, etc) . oh well! at least it works okay...

Thanks again!!!