Thread: AGP problems?

Thanks

Default AGP problems?

okay i instgalled a GEforce 5500 FX 256MB card on my agp slot and i run everest and this is what comes up as you can see it says it's disabled yet i'm able to play games and such and it also says i'm at 4x not on 8x can someone help with these problems?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    EP Points

OK, a few things are wrong here. You likely need to go into your BIOS and enable AGP8x support. Definitely turn down your AGP aperture size if it's more than 128MB, which it is according to Everest(with your amount of ram and with that 256MB card I recommend 64MB for the AGP aperture size). Fast-Write should also likely be enabled. I'd need to know more about your motherboard though to tell you exactly what you need to do. What motherboard do you have, Everest should tell you? Also, do you know much about BIOS?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah. Give the model of your motherboard.

With AGP 8x, usually there's a jumper on the mobo, to switch between 4x and 8x, or a jumper on the card. And also usually you need to enable it in the BIOS.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

okay i only did the 256 MB apreture size because that's what the thing told me to do. Second yes I enabled 8x agp support in my setup. I do not know alot about BIOS. Third, My motherboard is a biostar M7NCG 400. I have the manual but it doesn't talk about the agp slot. Also should i do 4x or 8x speed on the card?

OKAY I FIXED IT! I DIDN"T UPGRADE THE CHIPSET CONTROLLER(PLATFORM) DRIVERS ON MY MOTHERBOARD! ARGG! DON'T YOU HATE SIMPLE THINGS LIKE THAT! GO AHEAD AND CLOSE THIS MODS!!
    Last edited by TheStuntman; 17th-December-2005 at 19:49.