Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People who think low of the Revolution controller OBVIOUSLY haven't seen this....

Thanks

I'm eager to see how the Revolution turns out also. I purchased an GameCube some months after it came out, great system and games. The only problem I had with it was the controller not being the best for response. That would be great IMO, to see their newest console be superior to the PS3 and Xbox 360, could happen. In my Popular Science magazine, it contains an picture of what the newest PS3 and the controller can look like. I scanned the magazine, here is the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

yeah, that pic has been floating around for a while now. That's the bat-o-rang that everyone reffers to.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    Glad to hear they have an adapter for the cube controller, although i didnt like it much. Free online is good to, although i admit i dont give a shit about downloading nes, snes, or N64 games. I still have all my game systems, and im not too lazy to hook them up if i want to play them. And give the 360 a chance man . backwards compatability is lame. If you own games for the Xbox, then you should still have the system. Thats off topic though.
    I still have all my systems as well yet I am still interested, because their were a few good games that I missed out the first time around. Getting a second chance to play these games is going to be awsome.

Thanks

@ malice, thanks for reminding me of the sys power button on the 360 controller, i forgot about that and think it's a nice feature. Four shoulder buttons, huh? didn't know about that, are they all analog as well?

I will tell you one thing that does bug me about the Revolution controller (other than I have some doubts about the ease of controlling a video game with something shaped like a TV remote). Why didn't they make it so that the extra plugin attachment with the joystick and extra buttons connects to the main controller wirelessly as well? It is obvious that the cord connecting the two would be an issue if you had to use that setup in a game like Zelda where you would flail around the main controller to swing your sword (or the Harry Potter spell casting system that has been suggested). As they're pushing the freedom of movement aspect of the new system so much, why would they want to tie you down with a cord?

Thanks

Dual Revo Controllers = AWESOMENESS!!

Imagine that!

Fighting games where you actually FIGHT with your own arms... And sweat like a pig!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McGuinty
    As they're pushing the freedom of movement aspect of the new system so much, why would they want to tie you down with a cord?
    I had to wonder about that as well. It seems like a mistake. What might be even more interesting, is if for a game like Zelda you just got to use two remotes. One might be able to control your walking etc, and the other one you use for your sword. Then again, I was thinking they should've implemented some type of boot or something for walking, if that's the avenue they are taking, move around for your sword and what not, but now use your tiny joystick to walk! joy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RU RLY?
    Dual Revo Controllers = AWESOMENESS!!

Imagine that!

Fighting games where you actually FIGHT with your own arms... And sweat like a pig!
    Only thing is, I don't thing the extra control with the joystick has the IR/motion control like the main one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    I had to wonder about that as well. It seems like a mistake. What might be even more interesting, is if for a game like Zelda you just got to use two remotes. One might be able to control your walking etc, and the other one you use for your sword. Then again, I was thinking they should've implemented some type of boot or something for walking, if that's the avenue they are taking, move around for your sword and what not, but now use your tiny joystick to walk! joy!
    I also think this is what they had in mind. There's no way you could use the motion tracking to swing your sword and move Link at the same time, and if they didn't give you analog control of your movement, it would be certain doom.

Thanks

Sweet. So are the games only to be played by movement, like fighting games with your arms, or can you play them normally only with buttons too?

Mikey_ Guest

how the hell are fighting games gonna be played with that vibrator? what if a street fighter is released on the revo? how ya gonna do a shoryuken? physically jump up and wobble the remote up in the air? or a hurricane kick? gonna lift the vibrator up in the air and swirl it around like crazy?

Thanks

probably not, but that would be hilarious.

Thanks
    EP Points

Your gonna look like a fuckin dork playing with the controller(Never Did like the eyetoy).

Mikey_ Guest

i just don't see how the revo-vibrator is gonna sit well with certain types of game genres. revo sounds like its pretty much (just based on its vibrator) mostly action/adventure/kid(shocking?) games where there's lots of 3d exploring to do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Your gonna look like a fuckin dork playing with the controller(Never Did like the eyetoy).
    Who cares what you look like? I'm not getting it anyway though. Xbox 360 only cause it has PD-ZH!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Apparently people love looking like dorks while playing games.

*cough*DDR mat*cough*Power Glove*cough*RE4 chainsaw controller*cough*

Mikey_ Guest

lol. well, let's hope nintendo hits pay dirt with this new vibrator of theirs. i'd hate to see'em end up behind again.