Thread: Suikoden II trouble

Thanks

Default Suikoden II trouble

I have made 2 coasters so far. I burned the suikoden II .ccd file with Alcohol 120% just like many other games, but both copies hang at the Bios loading screen. Has anyone had any trouble with it? I think I have a bad image file or something.

Thanks

did you check the image with cdmage? you can see if the image is bad or not..

through my teachings you will be enlighted....

Head over to Snes'O'Rama
    SnesOrama is back online guys!
    Come join us @
    SnesOrama Forums

Thanks

Thanks for that tool. I didn't know about that. Ok, problem solved. The CUE file was referencing "Suikoden II.IMG", while the actual file was "Suikoden 2.IMG". After I fixed the CUE, it scanned through CDMAGE with 0 errors. Easy fix, I'm just kind of surprised that Alcohol 120% went through wait no Alcohol doesn't even use the CUE it uses the .CCD file.. now I'm confused. Eh I guess I'll just try to burn using the CUE with CDRWIN, and cross my fingers that I don't make another coaster.

*EDIT* problem solved CD works. YAY!
    Last edited by Tosca; 7th-December-2005 at 10:14.

Thanks

The suikoden II that I downloaded only has "suikoden II.bin" Is there a way to crate a cue file, or any other method I should try? I copied a .cue file from another game and edited all the stuff that pointed to the other file, but I don't know if that was correct. I wonder if this is a similar problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Use ISObuster to convert the image file.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by keeleon
    The suikoden II that I downloaded only has "suikoden II.bin" Is there a way to crate a cue file, or any other method I should try? I copied a .cue file from another game and edited all the stuff that pointed to the other file, but I don't know if that was correct. I wonder if this is a similar problem.
    Yeah, I have the cue for the (U) version and it doesn't have any extra audio tracks(if that's the version you have), so it should work if you used this kind of method. http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=29249

If it doesn't look like that then it probably won't work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca
    Thanks for that tool. I didn't know about that. Ok, problem solved. The CUE file was referencing "Suikoden II.IMG", while the actual file was "Suikoden 2.IMG". After I fixed the CUE, it scanned through CDMAGE with 0 errors. Easy fix, I'm just kind of surprised that Alcohol 120% went through wait no Alcohol doesn't even use the CUE it uses the .CCD file.. now I'm confused. Eh I guess I'll just try to burn using the CUE with CDRWIN, and cross my fingers that I don't make another coaster.

*EDIT* problem solved CD works. YAY!
    Wait a minute..are you talking about the Suikoden II downloadable from this site? No matter what I do, whenever I burn the BIN file to a CD-R it always turns out corrupt at the BIOS screen. I could run the ISO file, be it in BIN or CCD, through epsxe and the DOS window would never display any corrupt sectors; but it never fails to when I choose to run the CDROM made from either format. CDmage is really no help--I scan the file and it shows no corrupt sectors, but epsxe tells me there is one when I run the CD. If you are saying the new CD-R you burned is now loading past the BIOS screen, what exactly did you do from the point you downloaded the BIN file from this site...?
    Last edited by hartcliffe; 12th-December-2005 at 04:29.