Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!1!11 SH1

Thanks

Default Help!!1!11 SH1

I used the search engine in this forum before posting to see if i could find a similar problem that Im having with the Silent hILL game that i downloaded from here.
    Well first, i burned the files so i could play the game in my playstat but didnt work, then i found out that i could play them here in my computer so i downloadad lots of emulators for psx but cant manage to make them work x_XXXXX and finally got the epsxe emulator and when i run the ISO i freezes a few seconds after started in KCET part, what do you experts recomend?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

oH ok sorry hmm lets see:
    Im using a laptop(sony vaio S series) right now but i mean it run fable the lost chapters right so i dont know why it wouldnt run psx games

the emulator's ePsXe v.1.4.0 i've been changing the video config cus there's lots of option see which one works but all the one's ive tried get stuck in the same KCET part. Oh and when i click config it gives me an erro that it didnt find RSXNT.dll and WNASPI32.dll and after i click close the video config window comes up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Okay, the first thing you should try is updating the emulator to a newer version. I recommend either 1.5.2 or 1.6, either will do (1.5.2 is better if you use a lot of RPGs). You can find that here:

http://www.epsxe.com/download.php

Now what particular graphics plugin are you using? You should try either Pete's OpenGL or PEOpS soft driver. You can find both here:

http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins

or here:

http://www.pbernert.com/index.htm

Also, are you playing from a CD or an ISO? If it is on a CD, it may be damaged (try burning at the lowest possible speed). As for the graphics setting, that will depend on your Graphics card and screen resolution.

Thanks

OK i downloaded the ePSXe v 1.5.2 and the Pete's GPU plug ins it no longer gets stuck, but the game goes really fast like if something was fast forwarding it and there's a white square around Harry while moving him.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm....Can't think of how to remove that square ATM, I'll check. But for the speed, there is a way to fix it. Go to Config->Video. Click configure. Look at about the top 1/3 of the window and you should see an option called "Use FPS limit". Click it. Then next to that are two other option called "automatically detect FPS limit" and "FPS Limit". Either activate automatic FPS limit or set FPS limit to 60. Either one will work.

Thanks

Hey mate I ran the ISO and when i clicked escape button to exit it messed my screen was a dark wide line in the middle and thigs were all moved quite strange, and i had to restar the puter to fix it. I did change the FPS thing now it goes normal.
    And another question in the Intro video of SH does it got any sound cus i cant hear a thing until i start playing
    Last edited by cAPs LocK; 6th-December-2005 at 00:57.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It should have sound, my version does. Try enabling SPU IRQ hack in Config->Sound. ALso, consider getting either the Eternal or PEoPS audio plugin. You can get both here:

http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins

Also when closing, be sure to go to Flie->Close instead of clicking the X. Clicking X tends to cause problems with ePSXe, especially if you don't close the prompt (The DOS looking thing) first. To get back to the main window (the one you use to load an ISO/CD), press Esc while the game is running

I can't seem to replicate the white cube problem with my specs, but perhaps it has something to do with filtering and offscreen drawing which can be found under the GPU plugin config menu (Config->Video. Click Configure). Try setting it up something like this:

Resolution/Color:
    - 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
    - Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
    - R8G8B8A8
    - Filtering: 0
    - Hi-Res textures: 0
    - VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
    - FPS limitation: on
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
    - Offscreen drawing: 3
    - Framebuffer texture: 2
    - Framebuffer access: 0
    - Alpha multipass: on
    - Mask bit: on
    - Advanced blending: on

Misc:
    - Scanlines: off
    - Line mode: off
    - Unfiltered FB: on
    - 15 bit FB: off
    - Dithering: off
    - Screen smoothing: off
    - Screen cushion: off
    - Game fixes: off [00000000]<----this is a variable, some games need a fix, and the ones that are available in ePSXe are very self-explanatory.

Of course, try to keep it within the range of your graphics card and monitor, otherwise it'll lag or crash.

Thanks

Right then I'll try that, thanks a lot pal

Thanks

Good news yeh! I managed to fix the sound problems and the video problems thanks to you (omega), it's running neatly.
    But now when i want to save the game do I have to save it in the save state option or does it work if I save it by the game's booklet or notebook that is, and if it's this way how do I load it? cus i did save it in-game but cant load where i left ;;

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not usually a good idea to use save states in a PSX emulator. You should be able to load the game the same way you would on a normal playstation. If you are using a save state, press F3 to load, F2 to save. Of course using save states tends to cause problems with corrupted files, so I recommend using the memcard option, which should work just like a regular PSX.

For this missing file, was it saved before switching to 1.5.2? If so, then look in the folder where you have the other emulator and you should see a folder called memcards. Copy the contents of that folder to the memcards folder for 1.5.2 and the save state should work.

Of course, make sure the file was saved with the older PSX emulator, otherwise you may overwrite your Silent Hill save when copying.

Thanks

Uhmm i saved the game when i switched to 1.5.2, but.... do i have to enable a memcard cus i just went to Config-memory card-and then got to slots and says select, and have epsxe000.mcr and epsxe001.mcr, do i have to choose one of those, cus i didnt do it when i saved the game back then.;;;

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

epsxe000.mcr is the slot 1 memory card, epsxe001.mcr is the slot two memory card. They are automatically created when you install epsxe, and they should be working. I don't know exactly what happened in your case, perhaps someone else could be of more assistance.

Thanks

I mean do i have to configure them or "activate" them in some way cus i didnt have any mem card selected when i saved.
    And another thing mate hehe i must look like a real dolt XD, got the Resident Evil director's cut for ps had it run in this emulator and after the : "This game contains scenes of..." message nothing follows up but a black screen you kno wo i mean? AHH!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You don't need to activate it, it should be automatically activated and working, unless you altered the settings. And even then it should save to whatever memory card you created (there will always be two memory cards selected, and the only way to alter settings is to create a new memory card.)

For RE : DC, go under special game fixes Config->Video. Click configure. Look near the bottom of the screen and there should be an option called special game fixes. Make sure it is checked. Now click the three dots next to it. In this menu, activate odd/even bit hack. Now try running the ISO, it should work.
    Last edited by Raype; 6th-December-2005 at 07:04.