Thread: How to Guide: Updated AR Max Evo disc.

Thanks

Default How to Guide: Updated AR Max Evo disc.

Hi guys,

After a lot of problems and coasters, I was finally able to make a perfectly working UPDATED AR Max Evo disc. Over here, I'll mention the method which WORKED PERFECTLY FINE and worked awesome on my modded PS2.

You will need Action Replay Max Evo Edition. The torrent I got it from isn't working anymore, so for now, you guys'll have to search yourselves and try to find one. I can't upload the AR Max Evo that I have coz of my shitty internet connection and I can't be online 24/7 I'll keep a lookout for a torrent and if I find one, I'll upload it here

Anyways, here's what I did to get an UPDATED AR MAX EVO DISC.

Step 1 - Put your AR Max Disc in your CD/DVD-Rom drive and/or mount your AR Max Image using Daemon Tools (thats what I did).

Step 2 - Go to "My Computer" and double click on the drive that has your AR Max disc/image, so it will show you its contents. These should look somewhat like this...

Step 3 - Press ctrl + A (select all) and then ctrl + C (Copy) and then make a new folder in your C OR D DRIVE. Name it whatever you want.

Step 4 - Press ctrl + V (Paste). Now it should copy and paste all the contents of the AR Max disc to that new folder.

Step 5 - Download the latest codelist from the link below....

Latest US Codelist.

http://www.datelversions.com/ar_max_...odelist_us.bin

Latest EU Codelist

http://www.codejunkies.com/v3test/codelist_eu.bin

Step6 - Rename "codelist_us.bin" TO "US_CODELIST.BIN". (Rename "codelist_eu.bin" to "EU_CODELIST.BIN" if you're making a PAL Updated AR Max Evo Disc, which should be done seperately. DO NOT UPDATE BOTH OF THE CODELISTS. Just update the US codelist if you wanna make an updated disc that has NTSC games. If you want an updated disc with PAL games, then leave the original US codelist INTACT and overwrite the EU codelist. This is because if you update both the codelists and boot the disc on your modded ps2, the codelists won't load.

Step 6 - Browse to that new folder on your C or D drive and then go to RES => CODELIST and overwrite the old codelist with the NEW ONE.

Step 7 - Open up Nero Express and select "Data Disc". Then click "Add" and browse to that newly created folder and press ctrl + A (select all) and click "Add" and then click "Finished".

Step 8 - Click Next and THEN CLICK THE NERO BUTTON (as shown in image) which will switch to Nero Burning Rom.

Step 9 - After switching to Nero Burning Rom, a popup window will open up named "Burn Compilation". Click the ISO tab.

Step 10 - In the ISO tab, change the "Format" to "Mode 2 / XA" DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTINGS.

Step 11 - Now click the Burn tab again, and make sure "Write" and "Finalize CD" are selected and set the "Write Speed" to the MAXIMUM LOWEST POSSIBLE ON YOUR PC. On my PC, the maximum lowest is 4x.

Step 12 - Put a BLANK CD into your burner and click "Burn"

THATS IT. After the CD has been made, check it out on your modded PS2. It should work just fine with the latest codelists of latest games

If you do not have Nero and want to use any other burning program like Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, CDRwin, etc, etc, just make sure you're burning the disc using the following settings.

Disc type: CDROM-XA
    Track mode: MODE2 FORM1
    FINALIZE/CLOSE SESSION

Enjoy!!!

PS: You can change that annoying "startup" music of AR Max to your favorite song. Browse to that newly created folder on your C or D drive and go to RES => AUDIO and delete that "INTRO.mp3" file and replace it with any mp3 file that you like. Don't forget to rename that new mp3 to "INTRO.mp3"

If you have any problems, post here and I'll do my best to help you out

Admins/Mods, I didn't know where this kinda thread will go, so I put it in General Gaming. If it doesn't belong here, please feel free to move it to the appropriate section
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 22nd-December-2005 at 14:55.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

I found a torrent for Action Replay Max v3

Sorry for the double post I kinda had to resurrect this thread

Edit: Am not sure whether the above method will work for v3. I'll download it and check it out myself
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 16th-March-2007 at 17:09.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Moving this to the tutorial/FAQ section.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Moving this to the tutorial/FAQ section.
    Thank you