Thread: Im Retarded: Newbie to Emulators/Roms

Thanks

Default Im Retarded: Newbie to Emulators/Roms

Hey all,

I feel kinda silly asking this. I did try and search the forums here, but since I dont even know what to search for, I didnt come up with anything. My apologises if this has been covered before and I simply missed it.

I have downloaded ePSXe and all the plug-ins and files I need. I also went thru the config and set it all up. I downloaded Coolboarders 2 NTSC (all ten files) last night as my first game. I have all the .rar files in one folder, and now I do not know what to do. Do I extract all of them so there is 10 .bin files in one folder and then I will be able to run the game, or do I have to do something more? I feel pretty lost and I am sure there is an overly simple answer here somewhere, I just dont know how to find it. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to pitch in here!

Tom -

Thanks

Those RARs are merely one huge RAR chopped down into parts for convenience. Open any one of those and extract it. That'll hand you the ISO file, which you run from the emulator.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Here is my issue. I have extracted "cool boarders 2 NTSC.part01.rar." This gave me a file called "Cool Boarders2 NTSC.bin"

Now I go to the second file, "cool boarders 2 NTSC.part02.rar." and try to extract it and it asks me to "confirm file replace", saying that "Cool Boarders 2 NTSC.bin" already exsists. This is where I have stopped. Obviously I do not want to overwrite the file, so should I just click" no, and then it will appened the second part to the first in one .bin file?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFusion
    Thanks for the reply. Here is my issue. I have extracted "cool boarders 2 NTSC.part01.rar." This gave me a file called "Cool Boarders2 NTSC.bin"

Now I go to the second file, "cool boarders 2 NTSC.part02.rar." and try to extract it and it asks me to "confirm file replace", saying that "Cool Boarders 2 NTSC.bin" already exsists. This is where I have stopped. Obviously I do not want to overwrite the file, so should I just click" no, and then it will appened the second part to the first in one .bin file?
    That means it's done extracting the file from all the archives. Go ahead and run the BIN file you have using your emulator.

Thanks
    EP Points

When you extract the first one it extracts the same file from all the archives at once.

Thanks

ahhh I see... Thanks for the help guys!