Thread: psx iso multiple files

Thanks

Default psx iso multiple files

I juest joined this site and i am sure this has been posted before, but since there isnt a search option ( that I am aware of ) I have a question. For psx romsor Isothere are multiple files to download. Presumably this is for the huge file sizes. But my question is after you download the multiple files for the game you arelooking for what do you do? Can they be emulated immediately or do you have to use some sort of program to make an iso out of them or what? ANy help other than ( this question has been posted many times go ind the answer ) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For future reference, the search bar is at the top of the page (on the part where you clicked to register. It's one of the options found there, along with your user cp)

You will need winRAR or 7-Zip to combine these files into one that is playable in the emulator. Once you have all parts for a disc, make sure they are all in the same folder. Then click the first part (part-01) and you should be able to extract it if you have one of these decompression utilities. You can find links to the websites for these programs in the links database (found at the top of the thread index for Everything Emulation. Just click back when viewing this and look at the top of the page. It's called Emulation Related. Then after clicking that, click archiving utilities). That should solve the problem
    Last edited by Raype; 24th-November-2005 at 00:17.

Thanks

you need a program like winrar, hjsplit, or 7-zip to join and extract the files.

And yes, their is a search feature in the forums

Edit: Omega you beat me to it... damnit, j/k

Thanks

thanks, I swear I am as blind as I am stupid sometimes.

One more question, is it possible to download more than one file at a time? When I tried to it says 421 too many connections.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope, you can only download 1 file at a time (although I've downloaded a PSX ISO from the main site and an N64 ROM from the mirror server simultaneuosly, because they are on different servers and don't track connections in the same way). You can only download 1 file at a time from the main server (which is pretty much everything)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Nope sorry, you cant dl more than one file at a time from our servers.

Omega is FAST today

Thanks

does flashget really help? my download speed is 28kb/s. I have flashget but i am not sure how to use it or if it really does help much.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It will help if you plan to resume downloads. There was a guide on it for the main site, but you need Firefox in order for it to run. It's pretty easy to run actually and the guide covers pretty much everything. It will help a lot if you download while sleeping because you can cue, also if you get disconnected or the download stops because Flashget allows resumed downloads.

EDIT- Of course, it's not going to boost your speeds or anything. here's a link to the Faq

http://www.emuparadise.org/help/downloadresume.php

You will also need to install Flashget and Flashgot before they do anything. The executable installers should be found wherever your download manager sends it's files (if you use firefox with defaults, it'll be your desktop)
    Last edited by Raype; 24th-November-2005 at 01:12.

Thanks

so it doesnt speedup the connection then? Does this site have a cap on the connection speed cause my connection is 8mb/s so I thought my download time would be much faster.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This site caps the connection at about 28 (the speed you said you got). You'll notice the speeds change from section to section (I think Sega CD ISO's have the highest speed, or maybe it was the GBA roms). This is done basically to reduce problems with downloading or problems with some people taking up all the bandwith (it's also why you can only download one file at a time). If you want really fast downloads, you may want to get into BT, although this site has some problems with older torrents, and the speeds aren't much better than the main site over all. I guess the low speed is all you can do. You can always use the extra bandwith for something else (like surfing the net or posting here)

Thanks

Hahaha, thanks Omega, I could do all that or just buy the damn games! But who wants to do that. I can live with 28kb/s, the games are well worth it. Just want to make sure I have all my options available to me. It sucks having all this bandwith and having caps everywhere! Oh well. thanks for you help. I know how tiring it can be to answer the same quetion aver again. i hope I can return the favour. I will go look about and see if anyone needshelp with epsxe, nebula, mame or other emulators I have been lucky with.

cheerio!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Something I forgot to mention earlier is that this site also has an upload section where users can upload or download files

http://forums.emuparadise.org/forumdisplay.php?f=80

You may be able to find some old or rare games here as well. If you can't find anything, you can also make a request and maybe someone can upload it for you. I don't think the download speeds are capped as much as they are here for YSI and Ultrashare. This site may not have every game, but if you check some of the upload services links, you may be able to find a game you were looking for but couldn't find on the main site. This is actually the first time I've answered this question, there are many other users who always get in before me (guess today I;m just fast). But of course helping people here is a good thing to do. I'm sure if you have had some problems or had to fix something emulation related you'll find someone else who is currently where you were and is looking for advice. Good luck with the downloads