Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are the best 3 rpgs

Thanks

My favorites personally are Xenogears, Chrono Trigger and Star Ocean 3.

However, my opinion on what RPGs were the best in raising the bar in the genre:

Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7.

Thanks

1 final fantasy IV
    2 Final Fantasy VII
    3 Zelda ocarina of time
    Taken from here from which it came and used in such a way that i could only be a representation of what it was and where it came from.

Thanks

Final Fantasy VI, Xenogears, Dragon Warrior IV.

All quite different, and all the best of their time.

Thanks

Final Fantasy I was a favorite of mine, im still playing FFII japanese version (not so good) .
    Taken from here from which it came and used in such a way that i could only be a representation of what it was and where it came from.

Thanks

1. Fallout 1 & 2 - Simply amazing games. So many options of handling dozens of different situations. Both games are pretty much one huge ass side quest and completely non-linear whatsoever. Hilarious at times and very dark at other times. Great story, awesome chracters, nice voice acting, and nice battle system. This game never ages with time.

2. Final Fantasy 6 - My favorite FF game ever. IMO, FF7 - FFX-2 just plainly sucked. FF7 had a very mediocre story. Identity theft is a crime! FF8 had even a lamer story but a creative junction system. But that shit was just too easy to exploit and you could have 100 Curaga junctioned to Strength by the end of disc one and become pure pwnage. FF9 and X... don't even get me started. All of 'em were too easy as well.

FF6 was really creative. Nice and very dark storyline, beautiful music, great characters, and a nice difficulty. Tons of side quests and extras.

3. Final Fantasy Tactics - This game has, hands down, the best FF storyline EVAR! I found this game to be quite challenging but every grueling fight was worth it to the end. The story is just magnificent and it just sucks you right into it.

BTW, I find Valkyrie Profile to be quite overrated. I was always trying to find that game and now that I'm back into emulation I d/l. I dont know if it's because I'm in the 4th chapter or is it that the storyline doesn't really change? The first 40 minutes were magnificent. Well written, well voice acted, and well performed. But once you meet a character and learn their interesting storyline, then just join your party and thats it... Just as you were getting to know this character more, he shuts up for the rest of the game. I'll still continue playing it though. The story is rather weak but the rest of the game is pretty damn cool...
    Vae Victus!

Sacrifices have been made, thunder and lightning appear
    Rejoice in hideous blasphemy, know that the time is near
    The chosen hail their master well, lusting for hate and scorn
    Crying out in evil ecstacy, the antichrist is born

LOL OMG I'M ON MYSPACE I'M A SELLOUT

Thanks

1. chrono trigger (snes)
    2. final fantasy 3/6 (w/e you know which one i mean...the good one.)
    3. super mario rpg (snes)

Thanks
    EP Points

Tancred, the VP's story isn't weak. You have to work for it though. Look through the guides on gamefaq and find one that will let you get the best ending. That will be the only way for you to enjoy the game at it's best. I never played it to see the other two endings, but they supposedly paint a bigger picture. I dunno. The story is pretty interesting, that it is, but the major problem with the game is that it's not constant. 30 minutes here and there of good story is not, IMO, a good idea. But, when I think back on any major RPG, I can honestly say the same. I have yet to see a game that is interesting from the beginning to the end. That's why I have gone on a tangent and am now more enjoying myself with games like Megaman. Oh well.

Thanks

Let's see...

1. Tales of phantasia. U gota love it. (i guess it would depend, if a person like the fighting system or not) I LOVE IT!!!

2.Suikoden 1 and 2

3.Id like to say Xenogear for this one but once u swap CDs u get LOOONG naration. i don't mind long story bits. I like them. But i dont like when one of the main character is sitting in a chair and narrating the story. But DAMN it was good up to that point

Thanks

As of this moment, I'm going with...

Wizardry 8 - Most awesome dungeon crawler. EVER.

Valkyrie Profile - See previous comments on the game.

Suikoden Tactics - OMFG. Of all Suikoden games to make it...lovely gameplay here. Story is love it/hate it, but damn the gameplay is good (when they Tactics, they MEAN Tactics).

Thanks

Final Fantasy 7 Final Fantasy X Morrowind

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Xenogears, Final Fantasy VII and Vagrant Story, FYI.

Thanks

Suikoden II, Xeno-series and Final Fantasy VI.

Thanks

Morrowind. Just because. It is self evident, and logic is non subjective.

Followed by Shenmue and Final Fantasy 7,8,9. (I couldn't decide between the three because I'm weak.)
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tancred
    3. Final Fantasy Tactics - This game has, hands down, the best FF storyline EVAR! I found this game to be quite challenging but every grueling fight was worth it to the end. The story is just magnificent and it just sucks you right into it.
    True. It's the only Final Fantasy game I really enjoyed. And probably the only FF-game with a damned good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tancred
    BTW, I find Valkyrie Profile to be quite overrated. I was always trying to find that game and now that I'm back into emulation I d/l. I dont know if it's because I'm in the 4th chapter or is it that the storyline doesn't really change? The first 40 minutes were magnificent. Well written, well voice acted, and well performed. But once you meet a character and learn their interesting storyline, then just join your party and thats it... Just as you were getting to know this character more, he shuts up for the rest of the game. I'll still continue playing it though. The story is rather weak but the rest of the game is pretty damn cool...
    Yes, if you get the normal (B) ending, it sucks. I wasn't amazed by VP's story until I saw the other two endings. Try screwing up, that will get you the bad ending (C), which is rather interesting but still leaves you with questions. And as Evans has said, look at a guide or walkthrough to get the best one (A). If you watch all three endings, the story is pretty good, IMO.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Morrowind. Just because. It is self evident, and logic is non subjective.

Followed by Shenmue and Final Fantasy 7,8,9. (I couldn't decide between the three because I'm weak.)
    would you please stop calling yourself weak? lol. you're not weak. btw, i changed mine: final fantasy 3, 7 and chrono trigger.