Thread: Help! ePSXe and Chrono Cross

Thanks

Default Help! ePSXe and Chrono Cross

I need help with ePSXe in general, but the game I've been trying to use it for is Chrono Cross.

Before you tell me, yes, I do understand that there are lots of topics about both the ePSXe and Chrono Cross. I read those topics and that's why I've managed to at least get it WORKING. How well it's working is the problem. I tried using suggested configurations from some other topic, and it certainly started working a lot better... but things were still a tad slow and the music occasionally skipped or distorted. To make things worse, I'm not familiar with the controls of the ePSXe. No not the controls for in game, but how to pause and save state and resume your game, etc.

You see I really know NOTHING about emulators more complicated than the sickeningly easy SNES emulators. I don't understand all of what is in the existing topics, but some more personal help would be a lot easier to understand.

If there are any topics that explain in detail what exactly the different settings of ePSXe do, I would appreciate being directed towards them, as my searches have so far proved useless.

If there are no such topics, is there anybody who is very well versed in the ePSXe who would be willing to spend some time to help me? Either on the board, on an instant messenger service, or even a voice chat service. That would be extremely helpful.

I would appreciate it!

Thanks

i know how to fix this, is the music moving REALLY FAST, or is it just moving too slow. thats because you need to enable or disable the FPS limit. for controls on power saving and loading thats easy.

F1 Saves
    F3 Loads

To exit ePSXe correctly press ESC then click the X, cuz if you just close the game window using the x, the game will keep playing and same for the sound, took me a while to figure out how to fix it, if the sound is still playing, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, then go to processes, then find ePSXe.exe and click it, then click end process. other then that, i dont have chrono chross, so i dont know the exact problem your running into.

My Request & Game List

Thanx to the many people in the community of emuparadise, i know have 3 bars of reputation! It says Snake Solid has a spectacular aura about.

Did i say something funny or upload something dat you were looking forward 2 in da post above? Gimme rep by clicking da button on top of my post!

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Dis is Bunny. Copy Bunny in2 ur signature 2 help him on his way 2 world domination!

Thanks

Thank you. I've tried different FPS limits but none seem to really work out that well. The music is usually okay but during more up-tempo parts it skips and studders.

EDIT:

I took a closer look are Fireblaster's guide and I don't know WHY but using a different BIOS seems to have fixed my problems.

Thanks Ssnake for responding and thanks Fireblaster for making such a detailed topic.
    Last edited by AoEniac; 12th-November-2005 at 07:50.

Thanks

Did you set the FPS limit to 60?
    That should also help, im guessing you have the NTSC version of the game. Also ePSXe 1.5.2 seems to work better for certain RPGs. You should use that version of the emulator. Also what plugins are you using?
    Currently Seeding - BitComet 0.60
    -Nothing

Next Upload
    -Nothing

Playstation One/Playstation 2 trade list