View Poll Results: Which are you going for first?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phony Gaystation 3

40 53.33%
  • Microjock Sexbox69

19 25.33%
  • Ninpedo Shitdilution

16 21.33%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: X Box 360 or Playstation 3

Thanks

There comes a point where graphics can't be improved upon anymore, and when that time comes Nintendo will speed ahead in gameplay and substance.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by P. Wolvesbane
    There comes a point where graphics can't be improved upon anymore, and when that time comes Nintendo will speed ahead in gameplay and substance.
    when graphics can't be improved upon anymore, thats when sony and microsoft will have no choice but to start making better playing games while maintaining great graphics and sound. at that point nintendo will have no choice but to begin making games with better graphics while maintaining great controls. otherwise, it'll be severely left behind against sony and microsoft.

Thanks

Tool I would like you to show me proof about the information you got about the rev. Sure it will emulate nes/snes/n64, but that 500mb thing, not sure where you got it from. Since you're so smart, why didn't you add that they're going to charge for downloads that aren't from nintendo?

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by inthezoneac
    Tool I would like you to show me proof about the information you got about the rev. Sure it will emulate nes/snes/n64, but that 500mb thing, not sure where you got it from. Since you're so smart, why didn't you add that they're going to charge for downloads that aren't from nintendo?
    because most people here who've kept up with any news on the revo already knew about the charging of non nintendo made games.

Thanks

Indeed, though i'm not too worried about it as I can just emulate. However those dumb enough that can't make a simple SNES emulator to work and maintain it will happily dish out some money to let other people do it for them.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inthezoneac
    Tool I would like you to show me proof about the information you got about the rev. Sure it will emulate nes/snes/n64, but that 500mb thing, not sure where you got it from.
    This just proves my theory as to the fact that you have not followed proper news and technical info.

It is actually 512MB's of virtual memory or database and it is old news. It was posted by Nintendo at Nintendo's website. Along with a breif simple overview on what to expect of the Revolution.

Here you can find this under "The specs:" also the mention of the SD card expansion is under "Easy expansion:", Click Here.

The Revolution's Main Page at Nintendo, Click Here.

Thanks

Phony Gaystation is a name I can trust.

Thanks
    EP Points

so,they're not aiming to hardcore gamers with the revolution...
    what's the intented audience of a VIDEO GAMES CONSOLE then?,
    hardcore gamers are exactly the people they should try to please,
    the people that appreciate things that "casual gamers" don't care,they
    start a game and 5 minutes later after seeing the graphics and playing a little
    just to say "I have the latest and coolest stuff",they turn it off,
    so,go away happy family that want to use the revolution controller as a
    "fishing simulator device",I want a real controller (a pad with the directional cross
    in the left,the a b x y buttons in the right,select and start in the middle,and,hmm,
    2 l and 2 r buttons should be enough) for real gameees!
    nothing

Thanks

It kind of makes more sense for them to aim for the audience that'll give them more money.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pelger
    so,they're not aiming to hardcore gamers with the revolution...
    what's the intented audience of a VIDEO GAMES CONSOLE then?,
    hardcore gamers are exactly the people they should try to please,
    the people that appreciate things that "casual gamers" don't care,they
    start a game and 5 minutes later after seeing the graphics and playing a little
    just to say "I have the latest and coolest stuff",they turn it off,
    so,go away happy family that want to use the revolution controller as a
    "fishing simulator device",I want a real controller (a pad with the directional cross
    in the left,the a b x y buttons in the right,select and start in the middle,and,hmm,
    2 l and 2 r buttons should be enough) for real gameees!
    Bah. None of this D-pad or analog stick controller stuff for me. Give me Atari dials or joysticks. We don't need innovation.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr
    Bah. None of this D-pad or analog stick controller stuff for me. Give me Atari dials or joysticks. We don't need innovation.
    tell that to nintendo.

Thanks

if you ask me it doesn't matter about the controller at all, like the xbox controller people were all like it's too big but the grew accustomed to it .

and I myself playing from consoles like snes,sega, etc. to emulator on my keyboard i soon got use to it so personally i think the same way about the revolution controller , wow it's something new im sure i will get use to it...
    Last edited by solrac500; 19th-December-2005 at 21:31. Reason: sig

"If you don't want to sing for me, just say so. I'd be happy to beat the sound outta you."
    "You're as energetic as ever. I like that. It's okay to be scared.... Just don't ever give up."

"What if your pursuit of this 'justice' brings an end to the current peace? Would you be able to live with that?"

Thanks

For those of you saying that you want the PS3 because that is what MGS4 is going to be on think again. There is a chance it could also be on the XB360. Iluding to how similar "the PS3, 360 and PC" are, you never know, if they go a step further it might even end up on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by malloc @ MaxConsole.net

MGS4 could be done on Xbox 360

Eurogamer report Hideo Kojima says the only reason that Metal Gear Solid 4 is debuting on PlayStation 3 is that he likes to be first with everything, and that the last year's focus on MGS3 meant Kojima Productions didn't have any time to get to grips with xbox 360.

quote:
    When asked whether MGS4 could work on 360 during a recent 1up interview, he said: Yes, that's technically possible. It's not that he doesn't like Xbox 360, see, he just doesn't want to do things second. So he's a bit like those kids who hate bands because their mates found out about them first.

Kojima Productions has this philosophy that we want to be the first in everything regarding new technology. So after we finished MGS3, the option was to work on the PS3 to try all the new things for Metal Gear Solid 4. The only reason for this is I'm the kind of person who wants to be the first person on the moon, and don't want to be asking 'what the moon was like?' from other people. (Shh, don't tell him.)

So yes. Metal Gear Solid 4 could work on Xbox 360 (maybe some nuance or a small detail here and there might be different) and the reason for that, apparently is that here are really no differences between the PS3, 360 and PC, although obviously Revolution is totally different.
    On a side note, they do mention how they think that "the Revolution is totally different" from the others and this may be true. The thing of it is though, the hardware design and structuring was created in such a way as to make it not so much different from that of the GameCube. This was one of the goals to make the Revolution easier to code for. Similar building tools just with more power. Since the way the games will be produced will not change much, this gives the Developers the head start to jump in and start coding. With more third party companies on board this time around and the fact that it will be easier and cheaper for them to complete thier work the end result should be a great line up for launch and a good steady game flow. It also goes to show that it is possible for MGS4 to eventually also be launched on the Revolution.

Thanks

While us fans of Revolution sit back and let the river of games flow over us we can also watch as the tiny stream of Xbox360 and PS3 games move at an almost agonizing slowness over the feet of all the fanboys getting their socks wet.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by P. Wolvesbane
    While us fans of Revolution sit back and let the river of games flow over us we can also watch as the tiny stream of Xbox360 and PS3 games move at an almost agonizing slowness over the feet of all the fanboys getting their socks wet.
    sure, it'll be easy for nintendo to churn out game after game for the revo considering that most of their library, just like in the past, will end up being rehashed games. yay another 3d mario platformer. woo hoo 28 more mario sports titles. yee haw the 83rd installment of mario party. omfg super mega omni smash brothers 10. yes, i'm sure we're all looking forward to many of those titles. while the 360 will concentrate on games that put to full use their online features and the ps3 will most likely release good overal games.