Thread: Iso's?

Thanks

Default Iso's?

what exactly is an iso?

how do i use them?

something about alchol 120% what is that?

im clueless people plz help

Thanks

ISO=CD version of a rom.
    Alcohol 120%=Program to burn them to cd if you wish.
    To use them=Get ePSXe.

ePSXe kills n00bs though.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ISO's are images created from disks. These images are basically the instructions/information contained on the CD. If you know what ROMS or Computer programs are, they are more or less the same thing.

You run these in an emulator much like you would a ROM. If you have a mod chip system, you can also play it on the console.

Alcohol 120% is a ripping/burning/mounting program used to take the files off a CD and make an ISO, which is a single file made up of the many files you generally find when putting a game into the CD drive. These ISO can be played off the hard drive. The Mounting comes into effect when using .MDF files or .NRG files, which need to be mounted to a CD or Virtual drive for use. By mounting to a CD, you can play on a modded console. By mounting to a virtual drive (think of it as a CD drive created within the Hard drive), you can play straight from the HD, since these can't be played by emulators. If you just want to mount, you could ajust use DAEMON which does the same thing. If you want to rip, use ISOBuster. These two can be used if you don't want to pay up for the Alcohol, since they are both free. There are also free trials of Alcohol if you are looking for something short term.

Thanks

Default thank u!

that helped alot.

a couple questions though.

1. someone said that u can use nero 6 (which i have) IS THAT TRUE?

2. So for games like ps2 games u have to get an iso put it on a disc and then ur harddrive can play it. correct or wrong?

3. is it easy putting it on a disc or hard?

bear with me. heck i just started using roms and emulators. so i dont know much.

Thanks

1) I think Nero only does BIN\CUE and NRG Files.
    2) There are no real working emulators for PS2, so your HD won't play it.
    3) Its easier to mount it on your HD.

[Woooooo!]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For two, you don't really need to put the game on a cd (well you can't play PS2 games at all right now, but most PSone games will run). If the file is .IMG, .ISO, or .BIN then you just need to select it in the emulator to play it. You will need to mount the ISO if it is .MDF or .NRG format though, but you just need to mount it to a virtual drive (aka a Partition) that acts like a CD drive, even though it is just another folder in c drive (I know that isn't exactly how it works, but i'm just trying to simplify here). These vitrual drives can be created with DAEMON tools, Alcohol, and I think Nero may have the option as well (don't remember it being there, but maybe It was and I just never used it). You may want to check the help file for that info (unless someone who has Nero can verify either way)

Thanks

Default Thank U !!!!!!

now i am no longer confused.

and i was just using ps2 games as an example.(yet i didnt know u couldnt play em)

thx