Thread: need some help, been following the psx iso tutorial and....

Thanks

Default need some help, been following the psx iso tutorial and....

apparently all i get are bad copies according to swapmagic. im trying to burn castlevaniaOTn and im using alc 120%. now, when i go to pput the castlevania img onto the cd-r, all it says is .cue, as opposed to having the bin.....im not sure if it has anything to do with it since it says on alcohol that the file is like 500-something mbs, but i just want to tell you guys everything so i have th ebest possible chance at help. anyway, so naturally i use the method described above with alc(select play station type, burn at slow speed etc.) and it supposedly burns without no problem. of course, when i go to put in my swap magic and then the burned cd, the big ugly red border comes up. i tried a burned ps2 game with the dvd sm disk and it worked fin(im saying this cause its version 2.0, i hadn't used it for a long ass time) so i was just wondering, am i doing anything wrong or do i need to just keep churning out copies? cause i really want to make sure that the damn thing works.....i could continue playing on teh comp.....but why do that when i can play it on my ps2?thanks in advance for help guys

p.s i also tried burning it on fast speed, to no avail. also when i select which file type from the menu, i just use the default one, which should be all or something to that effect.....yet i never see isos or bin, just ccd or cue. i also have nero burning rom, should i use that instead? thanks!

Muhammad Ali: "At home I am a nice guy�but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Seems that you are burning the game correctly, if you run Alcohol and open the cue file with it, the program will burn the bin file.
    But, as far as I know to run PSX games on PS2 consoles you dont need the Swap Magic cd/dvd but another different disc called Breker Pro, a PSX disc with a big TOC which also lets you play imported PSX games on your PS2.

Thanks

ah, so swap magic doesnt work on that. gotcha, thanks alot!

Muhammad Ali: "At home I am a nice guy�but I don't want the world to know. Humble people, I've found, don't get very far."