Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The cook's thread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I love cooking my own food. As long as it says how long it needs to be in the microwave for I can cook anything.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I really only barbaque, which is not a very complicated feat. My personal favorite is eBBQ BL/SL Chicken Breasts. I work in a meat department, so excuse my abbreviations. I hate having to write out "Extra Barbeque Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts" every time I refer to this.

It's really simple. We take our homemade BBQ sauce -- because we're too cheap to buy some, and this tastes a shitload better -- and we put some Paul Prudome's (Spelling is way fucked up) spices on each side of the chicken. Doesn't matter how much... I usually just take the shaker and tap out enough to cover the chicken. Flip it around, and repeat.

Then, you toss it on the barbeque, work it until each side of the chicken is white. Then you put on the first layer of BBQ sauce and let that side cook for about 2-4 minutes (I usually have my BBQ on low, so it's really up to your discretion. I like to have enough time to do other things while it cooks, and I'm never in any really big hurry). Then you put BBQ sauce on the second side, flip it, and repeat the process until each side has been coated twice and cooked until the sauce is only kind of gooey.

Side dishes that go good with this are: chicken fried rice, mashed potatoes, green or Caesar salad, or all of the above. I personally prefer all of the above, but I like to eat a lot, too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I cook if I have to, its not that fun for me.
    Oh, and I dont feel like giving my secret recipes, sorry.

Thanks

I'm not too bad at cooking, but I only ever cook when no one is around.. I just don't want to be bothered, or told what to do or how to do it.
    I already know.

I prefer baking. My baking kicks all kinds of ass.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I could never understand baking. I also am not the biggest fan of baked goods, so it doesn't matter.

I crave meat quite a lot. I think I'm more caveman than human.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Methamphetamine
    I could never understand baking. I also am not the biggest fan of baked goods, so it doesn't matter.

I actually crave meat a lot, too.

mm..steak

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

I like to cook a lot. Though, the majority of my recipes are going through a change, as I'm trying to go vegetarian. I'll share a few recipes later, but I'm having some problems with my computer. ><

Thanks

This thread needs way more sexism.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

I love to cook, mostly for other people
    I learnt to cook, by watching my mum, and my nan...and then two years ago I did a big chrismas dinner, for my family, and my mum said it was way better than hers...even the turkey came out yummy!..I was pretty proud, since then I cook for anyone ...or anyone who wants to try my cooking XD

Made By Me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by animegoth666
    I learnt to cook, by watching my mum, and my nan...and then two years ago I did a big chrismas dinner, for my family, and my mum said it was way better than hers...even the turkey came out yummy!..I was pretty proud, since then I cook for anyone ...or anyone who wants to try my cooking XD
    Wow. I think it's cool you like to cook for other people. I rarely do, since half the things I cook aren't that great. I mean, I make an okay spaghetti sauce, and I have a great recipe for a potato dish, but that's about all. I'm mostly a baking chick.

My cookies are awesome.

BTW: Sexy signature, Anime-goth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koichi
    Wow. I think it's cool you like to cook for other people. I rarely do, since half the things I cook aren't that great. I mean, I make an okay spaghetti sauce, and I have a great recipe for a potato dish, but that's about all. I'm mostly a baking chick.

My cookies are awesome.

BTW: Sexy signature, Anime-goth.

Aww thankies hun, I love your sig to very smexy! ^-^

and yea I have always loved to cook for people ever since I was little, making cakes with my mum, witch was fun, ..but the iceing always went wrong fro some odd reason O.o

Made By Me

Thanks

Aww thankies hun, I love your sig to very smexy! ^-^

and yea I have always loved to cook for people ever since I was little, making cakes with my mum, witch was fun, ..but the iceing always went wrong fro some odd reason O.o
    Icing's a bitch to work with. Whenever I bake a cake, I always screw up with the icing. There's got to be some secret to getting it right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Methamphetamine

Did you know that the reason why homo sapiens(modern humans) were the only ones to last as long was because they began to eat more meat than any of the other human species? All that meat, thrown in with evolution, promoted cerebral growth. The vegeterian tribes of humans eventually all became extinct... just something to think about.
    Last edited by Soeru; 10th-October-2005 at 22:19.

Mikey_ Guest

I learnt to cook, by watching my mum
    same. i love knowing that i cooked stuff up for guests and they enjoyed it. i especially love when they ask/want/demand seconds. i know i did my job right although i find it annoying when i make something that i truly do enjoy eating and everyone finishes it all up this thread is making me hungry. damnit. does anyone know what good meat goes with rosemary? cuz ive had a few things with rosemary as part of the seasoning and i ended up leaving it all after a few bites cuz i couldn't stand the flavor or RM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by S
    This thread needs way more sexism.
    ... and a whole lot less of you.

I don't cook because it's fun(because it isn't, especially when my stomach is bouncing around due to starvation), I cook because I have to eat, no other choice, I don't have anyone that'll cook for me. And I might as well cook and eat well. Besides, it's way cheaper to make your own food than to go to restaurants/buy prepared food. A 9 lb. chop of pork is like $9, and it satisfies me and my bro's appetite for 3-5 days. It just sucks to have to drool in front of the oven for 5 hours.

Being in this situation has helped me learn how to cook, look after the house, and substatiate on my own. Plus... it impresses the ladies. A co-worker keeps telling me she wants to "marry a cook from Spain and move with him to Madrid".