Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi !

Thanks

Default Hi !

I'm still pretty new. I was just asking how i can make those .rar files into multiple files so its easier to download? thanks!

Thanks

when making the rar file in the "Split to volumes, bytes" type 50m for a 50Mb part file. Winrar will make the other parts automatically. If you want other sizes just enter other number.

If you want the .rar.001, 002, 003,... Use HJSPLIT

Thanks

i hate when people split the files. its makes it all the more harder. especially when people use places like rapid share. plus, u have to keep uploadeing certain parts of the download when they go down.

Requesting from YSI:

Thanks

^
    Don't complain, most games wouldn't end up on YSI or whatever if it wasn't for splitting files. I suppose you never uploaded anything or you'd know that time out errors happen to often when you upload big files. Your getting this stuff for free remember....

With Winrar if you go into wizard to make your files it will ask you if you want to split them. Alternatively you can use HJsplit on an allready made archive to split it. It will need HJsplit for the person downloading to rejoing it though. Of course there are many diffrent ways to split files, do whatever works best for you .
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

Thanks guys ^^ i want to start uploading isos and stuff XD i only have a small collection though

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by makotech222
    i hate when people split the files. its makes it all the more harder. especially when people use places like rapid share. plus, u have to keep uploadeing certain parts of the download when they go down.
    i agree. although i never uploaded as many games as say, xena, or others, the games i did upload were usually over 500MB's each and i always uploaded the games in one compressed .rar file. i find it so annoying when i have to download 278938 .rar files lol about the timeouts, is that recent? cuz i never got any time outs before when i used to upload those 500mb files.

Thanks

the timeouts have been there for 2 months now or so, we all still get them once in a while. It also depends on your connection and luck. And split files are a must, I don't see anything bad about them. You don't want to upload a huge single rar and have it timeout on you at 90% do you?

same goes for downloading, if that times out or download gets corrupted, you'd have to start all over again. split files save time and prevent frustration. And single big files expire alot faster

Mikey_ Guest

thank you for opening my eyes myst

Thanks

Its also good to split files because YSI seem to delete large files are just a few days. Or even less sometimes. Its something to do with a bandwidth limit, so I try to split files so they last the full 7 days
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Just make a torrent and let people DL it from you. Fool-proof. No one will delete a link, it'll last longer, and more people will get it. To hell with YSI. I just made a torrent 2 days ago and so far over 2,200 people have downloaded the ISO. Not too shabby. You won't get results like that using Yousendit.

Thanks

Yes torrents are great and mostly stress free. Personaly I just cant stand seeding 1 game for a long time (say 3 days )

2,200 People? Nice one
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Yes torrents are great and mostly stress free. Personaly I just cant stand seeding 1 game for a long time (say 3 days )

2,200 People? Nice one
    Yeah, but I only seeded this particular iso overnight to roughly a 3.0 ratio, then I cut em loose. Right now there's like 25 seeders and 45 leechers according to a few different sites. Yeah, I released it all over the place, ha ha. Everywhere but here, cuz we can't have Final Fantasy games on the tracker (which is stupid).

Thanks
    EP Points

Difference between WinRar and HjSplit function:

WinRar: You have to search for it at first if you dont know how it works.

HjSplit: Simply click on split select file and type the wanted size click ok presto you just splitted a file
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rage-X
    Difference between WinRar and HjSplit function:

WinRar: You have to search for it at first if you dont know how it works.

HjSplit: Simply click on split select file and type the wanted size click ok presto you just splitted a file
    There's no searching involved for winrar. Just type 50M into the bottom left dialog box in the create rar archive pop-up window. Simple.

Thanks

50? 48 are better. sometimes the files are only some byte too big and the upload service doesn't accept them. with a size of 48m y ou wount have any problems.

hmmm my tradelist is down and my uploads too, so forget about my sig...