Thread: Got a PSP v2.0? Downgrade it back to v1.5 (possible repost)

Thanks

Default Got a PSP v2.0? Downgrade it back to v1.5 (possible repost)

I found another post here about this issue, but thought I would post what I found just in case.

A picture is worth a thousand words & .02

Story here

"MPH has created a WORKING downgrader from PSP firmware 2.0 to firmware 1.50. This takes advantage of the toc2rta exploit and allows for the full downgrade of firmware 2.0 to firmware 1.50. I have tried this myself and have successfully downgraded from firmware 2.0 to firmware 1.50. Although this has been tried and found working, this does not mean there is no risk involved so use at your own risk. Steps to use the MPH downgrader: - Create an UPDATE folder in the /PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick - Copy EBOOT.PBP (update 1.50) in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder - Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip - Copy overflow.tif in your /PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick (make sure you have already changed your background to frame_buffer.png as explained in the toc2rta exploit.) - Copy h.bin to root of your memory stick (meaning in ms0:/) - Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick (meaning in ms0:/ as well) - Plug the AC adaptor. What you do next is go into the Photo Menu on the PSP and it will show some jumbled text, which is normal. Wait about 30 seconds and then restart your PSP. From there you will now have a new file in your PSP�s root directory called ms0:/index.dat.bak. In the next step you will go to your Game Menu, Then Memory Stick, and then Launch �PSP Update ver 1.50.� It will then ask you if you really want to downgrade and then lead you along to the actual installing. Here is where I got scared. It installed to 99% then errored. This is OK. Restart your PSP and turn it back on. It will come up with another error which is OK as well. Restart it again and you will have PSP firmware version 1.50, and it will lead you through setting up language and time etc. Enjoy, and welcome to the world of legal homebrew, not piracy."

Might want to register here and post back with what you found

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I just wanna confirm that it works. If you follow the instructions to the letter, it'll work just fine.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

And Sony are ready to bite back. *HISSSSS*

http://news.com.com/Sony+cracks+down...l?tag=nefd.top
    Last edited by crusher; 30th-September-2005 at 16:17.

Thanks

Default and you know what...?

this post about Sony's reply, from someone defending the hack, is typical of how this issue will go. Sony will spend more $$$ and time trying to patch the system so it can't be modified, rather than MAKE GOOD GAMES. Stupid idiots...

In other news, I see Xenosaga I & II are being made for *N DS. So....a new RPG on a portable? I thought that was impossible....you can only have racing titles. LOL! Along with Lunar: Dragon Song, that is now two high quality RPGs that will probably be out before any rpg comes out for the PSP.

Keep Sony busy, Hak0rz *N will kick their ar$e three times over, and the fad will die much faster than you can say iPod. All this time wasted on locking out games will work against them. From what I hear, someone claimed the Gameboy Micro was made to lock out r0mcarts and make all the old versions incompatible. Well guess what?

Nintend0 didn't lock any r0mcarts out, didn't make any existing emulators incompatible...nothing. That's why I'll buy a Revolution when my PS2 dies....S0ny can blow a mees.

{Sony corporate lawyers}

Thanks
    EP Points

Am I the only one who find's Sony's threat that "running unauthorised software will void your warranty" completely laughable? I can't wait to see how they're going to detect this. :eyeball: