Thread: Can't run CD-ROMS on ePSXe

Thanks

Default Can't run CD-ROMS on ePSXe

When I try to run PSX CDs on ePSXe it won't load them up. I haven't tried using actual game cds on ePSXe for a while but I know it used to work. But I tried loading up Final Fantasy 7 today on 1.5.2 but it just didn't load the game up. The same thing happened when i tried it with 1.60.

It said in the black command screen on 1.5.2 cd-rom open but nothing was happening and I couldn't hear the disk being read. I tried SaPu's CD-ROM Plugin 1.0 also but an error just repeatedly came up saying failed to initialsie read mode. I don't think the problem lies with my cdrom drive as it plays PC games and other cd's fine, its just PSX games. If someone can help it ill be much appreciated

Thanks

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Why'd you make 2 topics on this?

Maybe there's something wrong with the disc? You might want to check it with ISOBuster for readability errors.

What's your OS?

And have you tried other CD-ROM plugins?

EDIT--
    You deleted the other topic. Smart.

Thanks

I don't think theres anything wrong with the CD as I've just tried playing an immaculate cd I got off of ebay recently and it won't play that either. I switched the cd-rom plugin to ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2. but a new error message came up saying error in init aspi <235>. My operating system is Windows XP Pentium 4 2.3 ghz processor. I've tried quite a few different CD plugins but they all come up with different error messages. I fyou want I could tell you what each error message says for each plugin.

Thanks for your help by the way

Thanks

Within the CD-ROM plugin, does it point to the appropriate physical drive?
    Greatly enjoyed Monster Hunter
    Happily playing Guild Wars
    Sorely disappointed with Star Ocean 3

Thanks

Yeah, it's set as drive D. I think I'll just give up for the time being as most of my games are already stored as ISOs anyway. Thanks for your help anyway guys

Thanks

what happens if you use alchohol 120% and mount one of those isos on the virtual drive and change the drive letter in epsxe to e: then run the cd, does it work? If it does then your plugins are working okay and theres something wrong with your drive and if it doesnt well more work for you.

Thanks

"what happens if you use alchohol 120% and mount one of those isos on the virtual drive and change the drive letter in epsxe to e: then run the cd, does it work? If it does then your plugins are working okay and theres something wrong with your drive and if it doesnt well more work for you."

No it doesn't work, so it must be my plug-ins. Well I suppose I should be comforted by the fact that my drive is working okay I better try getting some new plug-ins then, unless there's another way to fix it. Thanks for your help by the way skakidd.

Thanks
    EP Points

Waitaminute.
    Not so fast.
    Your plugin is trying to initialize aspi, but you have WinXP, and WinXP doesn't come with an ASPI layer.
    See for yourself:
    http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

For WinXP, you need to use something like P.E.Op.S. CDR Version 1.4 plugin:
    http://www.pbernert.com/cdrpeops104.zip

Then when you configure P.E.Op.S. CDR 1.4 plugin, set it to "W2K/XP IOCTL scsi commands".

Thanks

I downloaded forceASPI and configured P.E.Op.S. CDR 1.4 plugin correctly and now I can run PSX CD's! Thanks alot for your help SegNin this problem was bugging me

Thanks
    EP Points

Umm, I don't think you had to add a ASPI layer since you (I presume anyway) already had SCSI installed on your comp.
    But I guess it won't hurt having ASPI installed, though I can't be absolutely 100% sure of that because:
    I don't have WinXP.
    I've never used WinXP.
    Therefore, I hardly know anything about WinXP.

Thanks

Well all I know is that before I installed forceASPI I couldn't play PSX CDs no matter how much configuring I did to my CD-ROM plugin, and after I installed it I could play PSX CD's