Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: epsxe and legend of dragoon

Thanks

Default epsxe and legend of dragoon

i downloaded LoD and got epsxe all setup, im kind of a newb to the psx emulation scene, i followed the newb settings and plugins someone recomended on a guide on here and it seems to be working fine... seems to be.
    i dont know if the problem im having is something with epsxe or something with the rom, but when i run the cd i burned the images to, i get stuck at this intro screen thing, no buttons i press or anything will get me past it and it never ends.

the rip i downloaded had a little readme saying it was a gundamguy thing and said to come here with questions, lol. i know, im newb, but help me!

Thanks

If your gonna emulate it, it's better to run the image file, instead of buring it to disc.

I believe ePSXe 1.5.2 is better for this game, if your not already, I would try using that ver.
    You might wanna check under the special game fixes for your graphics plugins.

You werent very specific in your post...
    My Trade List (Updated: Jan 24, 2007). Now Taking Requests.

This is teh Intarwebz...We care not for Copyrights!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woodman
    If your gonna emulate it, it's better to run the image file, instead of buring it to disc.

I believe ePSXe 1.5.2 is better for this game, if your not already, I would try using that ver.
    You might wanna check under the special game fixes for your graphics plugins.

You werent very specific in your post...
    as i stated, i dont think its an emulator problem, so i didnt think any of that would be pertinent information. i guess it could be anything when it comes to this sort of thing though. you wants specifics, well, here they are

my rig specs:
    A64 3700+ San Diego @ 2.2GHz
    1GB pc3200 Corsair XMS
    MSI K8N NEO4-F
    200GB WD 8mb cache
    Radeon 7000 pci (probobly the core of my problems, but its a filler card, 7800gt/gtx coming soon)

plugins:
    P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17
    P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
    SaPu's CD-ROM Plugin 1.0

Thanks

Well, that's odd... the graphic soft plugin you are using is very compatible. And i played LoD with no problems... at least 1 hour; haven't beaten it yet though.

Anyway, it's good to have a variety of plugs/emus/utilities and bioses. So if it one plug fails, you switch to other, switch emus or bioses and find the ones that really suits your needs for a certain game.

For a complete psx emulation pack, check www.ngemu.com, in the section of playstation. I recommend to get the "latest" emulators like epsxe, pcsx, adri, etc, and dl the plugs they offer. Also they have a very good forum, worth checking out, about compatibility issues.

If you need more variety of bioses, just pm me and i'll send them to you, so you have more to experiment with; i'll be happy to help you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastPucho
    Well, that's odd... the graphic soft plugin you are using is very compatible. And i played LoD with no problems... at least 1 hour; haven't beaten it yet though.

Anyway, it's good to have a variety of plugs/emus/utilities and bioses. So if it one plug fails, you switch to other, switch emus or bioses and find the ones that really suits your needs for a certain game.

For a complete psx emulation pack, check www.ngemu.com, in the section of playstation. I recommend to get the "latest" emulators like epsxe, pcsx, adri, etc, and dl the plugs they offer. Also they have a very good forum, worth checking out, about compatibility issues.

If you need more variety of bioses, just pm me and i'll send them to you, so you have more to experiment with; i'll be happy to help you.

that would be great. this is one of my favorite games on the playstation, i beat it years ago, i think i rented it once and beat it... maybe it was twice, lol.

ive tried several different plugins, havent tried a different bios. i have different versions for everything, maybe i didnt patch the image right or something... iunno. ive tried mounting the image and running epsxe with the image itself and neither worked, same result, stuck at the stupid paradox intro screen

Thanks

Yeah, it's bad... i think it's a good game.

I'll upload the psx bios pack in the YSI forum before i go to bed. Hope it helps you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastPucho
    Yeah, it's bad... i think it's a good game.

I'll upload the psx bios pack in the YSI forum before i go to bed. Hope it helps you.
    actually, i just got it... heh, ya know how i said i was noob like 3 times? well yeah, im a n00b... lol. the gfx are a little choppy, but thats tp be expected... the cut scenes are weird and the voices during the cutscenes are even weirdder, but i can fix that later, at least it works

Thanks

The best sound plugin in my opinion is Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 as this works well with almost every game.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Lol, oki man, good for you! Congrats.

Anyway, if you still want the bios pack, its here: http://forums.emuparadise.org/showpo...postcount=3823

Sorry for the delay. Bye and have fun.

Thanks

crap... i just got through the prarie after saving shana, now im fighting the guardian thing in the caves and i cant beat it. i didnt go back to seles after saving shana, so everyone is at like 20hp and i have no heals or anything... is there any way to enter like game shark codes or something on here? lol

Thanks

http://www.emucheater.com/

Download that. It's a seperate program but you're supposed to run it before running the rom. It has to use it's own video plugin I belive so I don't know if it will work for you. I don't know if it has LoD on it either. But worth a try right!?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devarian
    ...is there any way to enter like game shark codes or something on here? lol
    Well, there are two that i know. First, the one that was posted before, emucheater, and it's pretty good! But it has the limitation that it has a "pre-defined" cheat data base incorporated. You can add your own cheats though.

The second way is another plugin. It works as a graphic plugin, but actually is a wrapper for another graphic plugin (just like emucheater). When you configure it, you can specify the codes you wanna cheat with. It's called Action Replay Wrapper, available from ngemu's epsxe utilities section (http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=tools). Obviusly, you must enter Action Replay Codes there. A little search on google and you should be able to find them easily.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

And right below the Action Replay Wrapper on the page you gave:
    http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=tools

...there's this:

[pec] Database Editor v2.0

[pec] Database Editor was originally designed to be a database editor for the cheating utility [pec]. Its nice interface easily allows you to add codes to the big database. But since version 1.2, this tool also includes a converter which converts normal Gameshark codes to the format ePSXes built in cheating option uses. Worth a look until [pec] adds support for ePSXe !

lol
    How could you have missed that LastPucho?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin

...there's this:

[pec] Database Editor was originally designed to be a database editor for the cheating utility [pec]. Its nice interface easily allows you to add codes to the big database. But since version 1.2, this tool also includes a converter which converts normal Gameshark codes to the format ePSXes built in cheating option uses. Worth a look until [pec] adds support for ePSXe !

lol
    Oops... ehm... it can happen to anyone...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin

...there's this:

lol

built in? where is that? i dont see it in any of the menus...