Thread: Mod Chip

Thanks

Default Mod Chip

How hard is it to install a Mod Chip into a PS2, I have the slim line. I am scared that I might break my ps2 if I took it apart, I was wondering if I should get a pre modded one or mod one myself. I am a noob at taking consoles apart.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A Friend of mine had a none solder chip for the slim and managed to break both the chip and the brand new slim PS2

The chip was not a perfect mold so he found it hard to conect and ended up snaping the conection on both the chip and the PS2

Well I would say let someone else take the risk and buy one with a pre installed chip or just use Swap Magic

Swap Magic does have advantages over mod chips, as it's not seen as a mod chip by online backups, Swap Magic is easy to install aswell on the slim line, though Swap Magic does not let you play PSone backups you would need a PSone boot CD for those aslo SwapMagic does not currenly support DVD9 games if you even have a DVD9 burner but those DVD9 games can be ripped, split or downsampled to fit a standard DVD5 disc

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

If your a noob at taking things apart your probably a noob at soldering. It's way out of your league if you have to ask questions. Find a pro modder or get a pre modded one, you don't want to mess your console up.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe