Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great games that you loathed...

Mikey_ Guest

ah, somehow i knew that statement i made would draw you out of hiding as my statements usually do: bring you out to counter everything i say as always

Thanks

Metal Gear Solid. Never could get into that series although I've tried with each sequal.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

Thanks
    EP Points

FF7 isn't that bad, I agree. Not THE best, but I still enjoyed it, and after FFTactics, it's my favourite FF-game I guess.

So, to be on-topic...

Yeah, you guessed right, Morrowind. Most people seem to like it, but I just don't.
    Last edited by Gare; 20th-September-2005 at 13:22.

Thanks

HALO. Extremely overhyped, at best mediocre FPS. I played it for 10 minutes, ripped it out of my XBox and ran back to the store to change it for a much better game (Fable :p). Seriously, that game was so overhyped, it wasn't even funny anymore.

---
    Robot Man: Ow! My robot balls! Error! Error! Error!
    ---

Thanks
    EP Points

Super Aleste for the SNES. Nowdays it seems to have a cult-like following, but I absolutely despised the bloody thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    Can't ask much from you right?
    [n00b-caps]Metroid (NES)[/n00b-caps]

No really, it was disgusting. Can't really love it after playing on SNES. And cmon, no MAP! WTF?!?
    I agree 100%

I'm glad they released Zero Mission so I could play it for story
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

RPG Maker
    Take a guess as to why

Thanks

Ugh. Does anybody like that game? I bet if someone took the time to learn it it would take longer than actually working on a game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Baldurs Gate I suppose.
    I just don't have the kind of patience for that type of RPG. Everything is open but to me things feel samey and characters don't give much of an impression and I can't be bothered to wonder about working out what my current goal is.
    That, and I don't especially like the computerised d&d batle system thingy.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

OMFG that game is a REALLY bad D&D mock
    Seconded
    Cultures for the pc

Thanks

I personnaly hated FF8, though I still beat it but only so I could say that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingGnats
    Final Fantasy 7.

IT ISN'T THAT GOOD. IT SUCKS.
    You seriously need to have your head examined

Thanks

Please note that your posts are a matter of opinion, and that this thread is a way of expressing it.

Even if Rare loves to rip off Nintendo games, they usually changed enough to make you think the game was unique for a few minutes of play. Some people like the illusion.(They're the type that would play Final Fantasy X if it was renamed Final Fantasy XIII and released at a higher price on the PS3... well I'm probably exaggerating but blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... ok who censored that? Lol, I'm rambling too much.) I don't. BUT... Most of the other Rare games are not as blatant ripoffs of their "parents" in my opinion(example: Donkey Kong Country series). Banjo Kazooie just made exclaim something like this after trying to tolerate it.
    "OMG WHY DID I JUST DOWNLOAD SUPER MARIO 64 AGAIN? I ALREADY HAVE SUPER MARIO 64!!!"
    It was THAT similar. And with Donkey Kong Country, I didn't even realize the SMB similarity until mcgunity(If that's spelled wrong, i was too lazy to check it again) pointed it out.

And remember, "To each his own." That will explain all our differences(including my apparently crazy dislike of Banjo Kazooie).
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, I'M NOT SURE WHY

Thanks

A list, by Ru:

FFVIII
    FFX
    MGS2
    HALO

And some... I can't quite remember right now...

BTW, I never got to play BK until AFTER I played Banjo-Tooie, and I was surprised to find out how good a game it was -- after enduring the beautiful pukefest that was DK64 and its godforsaken bananna-hoarding mechanics, I thought BK would turn out to be more of the same (the Notes misled me). I'm satisfied to say it is far superior, and decidedly less cutesy, which is a major plus...

Thanks
    EP Points

While both games are collect-em-ups, Mario64 was, in my opinion, nothing compared to Banjo-Kazooie. Mario's graphics were fuzzy, the music was drab and slow, and the gameplay was excessively tedious and boring. Banjo-Kazooie, on the other hand, has sharp, colorful graphics, fast action, exceedingly varied gameplay (more than just jumping and collecting in a different type world), excellent music that ransitions seamlessly when entering different parts of the world...

How can any Nintendo 64 Adventure game not be compared to (modeled after) Mario64 when it was the first game ever released on the 64, and it was an adventure game?

*On a side note: In my opinion, Banjo-Tooie was not nearly as fun as B-K due to the excessive backtracking required for the Split-up Pads.

Thanks

For that matter, any platforming game that came out after Mario 64 would have to be compared to it... I mean, wasn't Mario 64 the definitive 3D platformer of all time...?

I just have to say that BK flows better than SM64, plues everything else that Sprunggg said...