Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: What's the best console?

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

It was a pretty obscure console released by Philips. After Nintendo "left" Sony and the PSX in the dirt, Philips and Nintendo formed an alliance. And shortly thereafter, Philips released their own console, the CD-i.

Thanks

Ow, yeah, i remember that one. I also remember playing Pong and Space Invader on it. Oh, the memories... *sinks away in a nostalgic mood*

---
    Robot Man: Ow! My robot balls! Error! Error! Error!
    ---

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by \/3n0(V)
    very good point on the experimenting. also good points about the classic series that did come about from all of that. are those the reasons why you chose the NES?

I chose the NES because it was a system that I grew up with and have never stopped playing since I was about 4 years old and couldn't beat Super Mario Bros. 3. It's the only system that has had any form of continuous life with me... I own a Super Nintendo, a Sega Genesis, a Dreamcast, a Gamecube and a PS2, but for the most part I only play them from time to time. I play my Nintendo NES religiously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    That seems logical enough, yeah, but then why are there so many crappy NES games?
    See my last post, I already covered this.

Quote Originally Posted by Methamphetamine
    The biggest problem with the Nintendo NES was that developers had so much free reign over what they were doing that they made a lot of different genres emerge, some of them which weren't that great. They were experimenting to see what would work the best.

Some classic games came out of the Nintendo NES. Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Dragon Warrior, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man... just to name a few. Sure, there were some bad games -- but there are always bad games, no matter what system you play. Some games just plain suck.

There is also the problem of space on the actual cartridge. There really wasn't that much room to operate too much. Nowadays you can get games that are like... 10 gigabytes in size. Most of the NES games stayed around 1 megabyte or less. Even with the low quality of graphics that most of them had, there isn't too much you can do with 1MB of room.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 22nd-September-2005 at 18:19.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, with Samsung creating flash cards of 16GB, I'm sure squeezing 4GB on a game cartridge technically is no big deal any longer. NDS games are upto 128MB in size, so that's pretty large for a handheld game IMHO.

Thanks

Well i have heard the best news. The PS3 will not need a memory card due to a built in harddrive!
    Darkened Samurai
    The bunny is from Pkt-Zer0 and GareJei
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    This is Bunny.
    Copy Bunny into your signature to help
    him on his way to world domination.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    SNES hands down.

The man said it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkened Samurai
    Well i have heard the best news. The PS3 will not need a memory card due to a built in harddrive!
    Nope... The Hard Drive does not come Standard just like the X360...

The only Next Gen with standard Memory is the Revolution with With 512MB or Flash Memory.

Thanks

unfortunately, the ps3 hasnt even been in production yet and there is no real working model, something xbox360 has had for about a year now. Neither has a "standard" hard drive per se, but the xbox360 will be compatible with xbox games, though i always though going backwards was sensless.

I would have to say that the xbox is the best game console. It had a plan laid out for it when it was shipped (built in ethernet, hard drive). Was built around gaming architecture, unlike the ps2 which limited its graphic capabilities, not just in terms of raw processing. Also has the best graphics found on any console and the best online gaming ever, thanks to its mandatory high speed internet requirement (though halo2 is extremely irritating online).
    Last edited by malice2501; 25th-September-2005 at 07:29.

Thanks

I don't like the Xbox much. Mostly because i hate microsoft in general. Especially Bill Gates. Windows sucks, Internet Explorer sucks and so do all their programmes.

If they created things that don't crash as much than i would probably like them.
    Darkened Samurai
    The bunny is from Pkt-Zer0 and GareJei
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    This is Bunny.
    Copy Bunny into your signature to help
    him on his way to world domination.

Thanks

Yes of Microsoft wasn't like some addictive and over hyped fad then Linux would have been THE Operating System to get. Actually Linux was much better than Windows even now, and it has been like that since it was first created.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dont knock windows!...

It keeps people like me in buisness
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

alot of people are being harsh to xbox for selfish reason

and yeah it may suck unmodded
    but oncw you get a modded box
    it becomes more like a
    multi console

Thanks

I wasn't knocking the Xbox, I was knocking Windows however dependant it is to your lifestlye/job Dark Lucxus.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

come on guys, you cant diss the xbox cause you dont like microsoft. I really hate sony and thier marketing tactics, but the first PS was my dream machine. And i like microsoft, though windows can be irritating, ALL programs can suck at times. And i like Bill Gates. Hes gonna give billions of dollars to charaties when he dies, unlike 99.99% of the other rich people in this country . Besides, Sony has no machine even produced while microsoft has been physically testing the 360 for almost a year now, YET they still manage to release game specs thats "better" then the 360 right after its inital release. And you thought MS was slimy..

Thanks

As tight lipped Nintendo are about anything to do with their Revolution I wonder if they ahve just started their testing stage with the finished product which is meant to look smaller than the prototype they ahve been showing off with the controller?