Thread: 1.33GB FF7.tar (possible error)

Thanks

Default 1.33GB FF7.tar (possible error)

I downloaded a giant Final Fantasy VII.tar - 1,437,480,960 bytes off DC++ a while back and was pleased to see it contained all 3 disks in alcohol format. And the disks all worked.

However, after getting up to Wutai village I start to notice the odd LONG load (black screen for ages) and then the game hangs on a black screen and makes the FF7 error sound every minute or so upon loading the battle with Don Corneo's RAPPS. I figured my disk's condition wasn't 100% so I reburn the original image and I experience the exact same problem.... great.

So I'm guessing the original CD1 rip that this rarset contains is corrupt, and thought I'd warn people. Sometime in the next few days I'm gonna rip the iso off my burned copy and go over it with CDmage (can't do that at the moment with the images being alcohol), would it be worth trying to repair with CDmage or should I just look for a new image?

Thanks in advance

PS. I'm sorry if the nature of this post means it doesn't belong here... I really wasn't too sure where to stick it.
    Last edited by sage; 19th-September-2005 at 11:13.

Mikey_ Guest

sounds like you play it on the actual system. try it on epsxe with the right plugins to see if u get the same results.

Thanks

Wrong section..... but as stated above try it on the epsxe emulator, it may be a problem while burning and not the actul game.

Thanks

Never had a trouble with burning before... and I would emulate it but the error is a good 20hrs+ into the game which I'm not tooo keen on playing through again, unless someone has a saved game at the exact spot in the game before that battle- which I doubt. I'm downloading another copy of disc1 which will be done in a few days. I'll keep you posted as to whether it works.

Thanks

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/...antasy_vii.gme

check that for a save game. it has various disc 1 save games.

btw, im pretty sure its the image file. sounds like it was ripped from a bad cd. my original copy does that sometimes too. and my original is nearly destroyed.

Thanks

lol look at the numbers in the topic... 1.33....7 lmao

Requesting from YSI:

Thanks

Yeah thanks for backing up my theory Needled. It looks like whoever made that pack which is QUITE widely distributed on DC++ emulation hubs, did a bad rip or their disc was damaged. The CD1 ISO that I just finished downloading on eMule works great, the battle loaded fine and I swear the loading times have gone down too