Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No modded chip PS2 question!

Greece, where the ancients create Democracy and Olympics!
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default No modded chip PS2 question!

I have a no modded ps2 and play only original games. Is there some tip, some program to play copy games without modded chip?
    Oh my God! My english's to bad!!!

My uploads! Take a look here.
    Sorry for this. I can't reuploading any game.

Here in Greece, politicians they left us nothing. We lose our proud, our lives, our jobs, our houses... But situation for greeks is just an active volcano ready to explode...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Is it the slim or the original PS2? You could try the Swap Trick method in wich case you'll need an slide card or a fliptop and the Swap Magic original cd and dvd (read more here) or you could read this tutorial written by crusher, Play PS2 backups without modchip or swap trick

Thanks

Theres no FREE way to play backups without a modchip-you're gonna have to spend some money one way or another. I personally would suggest you save up for/buy a mod-chip rather than using swap magic.

Thanks

Installing it is another thing though. And an average user doesn't have the skill level to solder a ps2 chip into their console. I sure don't.

Thanks

yes dont try and it do it yourself, i reccomend the swap trick stated above, google is your friend.

Thanks

There are solderless chips available now too, although they can be expensive. There is a good one here

Thanks
    EP Points

I have the original ps2.
    'A HDD to use with HDLoader', what those things and where can i find them?
    Last edited by Koutsomoura; 15th-September-2005 at 14:11.

Here in Greece, politicians they left us nothing. We lose our proud, our lives, our jobs, our houses... But situation for greeks is just an active volcano ready to explode...

Thanks

Lightbulb

HDD stands for Hard Disc Drive, but I don't know where to get em... aren't those things emm... kinda expensive? I don't want to make another topic, but I have a question. I have Action Replay MAX EVO Drive Edition. Is there some sort of booter compatible with this? Cuz I tried cogswap (don't even know what it is or how it works...)! I'm searching one for PS2 and/or PSX games... Nobody want to write a tuto for me?

Edit: BTW, this should be in another part of the forum, I think
    Requesting:
    Digimon World: Digital Card Battle
    NTSC/U, Playstation game

Once you read the text that's below all my posts, and I mean this text, you wasted 7 seconds of your life.

Thanks

This thread is indeed in the wrong forum. Nothing to do with "trading post".

For HDloader, do a google search and you will find the information you are looking for. You can buy a retail HDLoader disc and use a regular hard drive attached to a network adapter in your PS2. There are alternatives such as the independence exploit. Do a search to find out more about that as well.
    Last edited by jon_jon; 15th-September-2005 at 15:54.

Thanks

You'll spend more on an HDD + HDAdvance or Loader than you would on a solderless chip. The DMS lite solderless or whatever it's called is apparently really good. Someone on these forums has one and said so anyhow. HDD's don't work without a lot of annoying-ness on a slim PS2.

I have a soldered chip that works great too! If you know any extremly good soldering people then go for it but they better be pros .
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jon_jon
    This thread is indeed in the wrong forum. Nothing to do with "trading post".
    I choose to make the question at 'Trading Post' forum, in case someone gives some iso from a cd to play copy games in my ps2. :eyeball:

(Sorry for my english)!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koutsomoura
    I choose to make the question at 'Trading Post' forum, in case someone gives some iso from a cd to play copy games in my ps2. :eyeball:

(Sorry for my english)!
    A nonmodded PS2 will not boot up a backup/ISO of any game or program.

I would recommend you to get a modchip and get it installed by a PROFESSIONAL MODDER in your area. DMS4 is a really good modchip. A solderless DMS4 chip is also available (Cyber has one ). If you can't afford DMS4 modchip, you can also check out Matrix Infinity or Crystal Modchips which are kinda same function-wise but are a lot cheaper than DMS4. I would recommend you to get one of those newer FLASH-UPGRADABLE modchips so you can always flash upgrade the firmware of your modchip for better compatibility for booting "protected games". Also, if you grab one of those DMS4 modchip, it will make installing an HDD and running games off of it a hellla lot easier

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok! Thank you ravihpa. In my area a pro modder costs and some guys tell me that 'swap magic' is better and cheaper way to play copy games. But i have to start a research first!

Thank you all!

Thanks

Swap magic probably is cheaper but switching discs can throw the calibration of the allready delicate PS2 lens off.

Mod chips are most definaetly the best way to go for reliability.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DementedLullaby
    Swap magic probably is cheaper but switching discs can throw the calibration of the allready delicate PS2 lens off.

Mod chips are most definaetly the best way to go for reliability.
    Thats true. Many people do love their Swap Magic but it kinda gets irritating too that you gotta swap discs everytime you start a new game Also remember, Swap Magic will NOT let you play PSone games. Just so you know.

In the end, I will still recommend you to get a Modchip. The extra money spent would be really worth it, and if you come to think of it, its a ONE TIME INVESTIMENT as after that you can do loads of stuff with a modchip like booting games off HDD and putting all kinds of proggies onto your memory card and booting them off of memory card and stuff like that. Also you can put all kinds of Divx/Xvid movies onto your HDD and watch em on your TV

Also, in the end, it totally depends on what YOU wanna do and how much you can spend at the moment. If you only want to play downloaded/burned PS2 games and swapping discs really won't bother you that much, then go ahead with the Swap Magic

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |