Thread: Nothing works...Please Help!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Nothing works...Please Help!

Hey guys,

Ive looked at every faq, tutorial, video, guide, etc. on how to do the swap trick on a PSone (not psx, model scph-101). And quite frankly, nothing I try works.

Ive been at it for weeks now, so im going to run down exactly what im doing in the hopes that maybe someone can tell em what im doing wrong.

(BTW, Im using RE: Directors Cut as a boot since it has a lager TOC than my backup, which is on a Sony Supremas CD-R, burned with CloneCD at 4x)

1. Power on with my original game in the tray.

2. After about 7 seconds on the WHITE SONY screen, right before the jump to the BLACK PS screen I swap to my backup.

3. The screen changes to the BLACK PS screen, the disc speeds up, then slows down(1st time), I swap back to my original (around 4 seconds into the BLACK PS screen).

4. The Disc slows down, damn near to a crawl, the laser moves all the way across the disc, and begins to speed up again. Now as soon as the screen goes completely BLACK, i swap back in my backup disc and nothing happens. The disc spins at a constant rate and never loads anything. I can swap back in my original at any time, and it will load it right up in about a half second, even after upwards of 3 minutes of trying to load the backup.

I have tried my backups in ePSXe and they work perfectly, i must be doing something wrong, because i honestly do not kow what to do now. If anyone can help, I would be indebted to them.

I really need something like a time count (in seconds) on when to switch, or a video of someone doing this on a PSone model (the small ones).

Again, any help would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I am sorry I can't help you with the swap trick but IMO it would be better if you just bought a PSone modchip. They are a lot cheaper and easier to install. I have a modded PSone, which works EXCELLENT. Just pop the disc in and rock on

Edit: There is also something called a PS X-Change 2, which works exactly like the Swap Magic for the PS2. You can grab a review of it here...

http://www.success-hk.com/review/psxchangev2/

I haven't had any experience with PS X-Change 2, so really don't know how reliable it is
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 15th-September-2005 at 20:07.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Default Yay first post!

Hmm, have you been able to do this swap trick with any other game? If you can, maybe it's just the game. When I say game, i mean the game you are trying to play. And if it ain't the game, you may have to do one extra switch at the end if all else fails. That's how i got Jade Cacoon to work. And finally, I'm not sure if you did this, in the beginning of the switch process, I think you have to wait for the disc to slow down, then you can make your first switch with the desired game. Please reply if you didn't get that.
    Last edited by Baldark; 18th-September-2005 at 06:59.

Thanks
    EP Points

The procedure for a PSone can be slightly different, and much harder. I myself do not own a PSone so I can't really help you there.

Thanks
    EP Points

No, thats the problem, none of my backups will work. Like I said, they run in ePSXe just fine, but i cannot get the swap trick to work, no matter what I do.

As i said before something like a time count would probably help, just something to let me know exactly when to switch.

Thanks

Hmm.. I don't personally own a psone sadly, so i may not be too much of help, but I do have a psx. Like Polobunny said, it may be slightly different. All I can say is to not switch it off time, but to switch the discs at the times the speed changes. Whenever the discs slow down after a speed up, that's when i'd switch the disc. I say this because games have different times on the switch sometimes. I'm not sure, but does the psone make a sound when it slows down? If it does, that may help you.
    Real men don't use tables. So real men don't need coasters. -Cheech and Chong

Thanks
    EP Points

I use a pro-action replay to play backups on my older model ps1's, however I am familiar with using the swap trick on the new mini psone and agree that it isn't always described that well. Here goes my description:

Make sure the lid close sensor (button that makes mechanical contact with the lid when the psone is closed) is held down before turning on the system and throughout the swap process by using something like sticky tack or a small spring. (Sticky tack works best)

1. Put in an original game and you should hear the laser move once, once again, and two times real quick, as in you will hear a click once you turn the system on, a click a little later then a click clack sound. All of this happens in approximately 6 seconds.

2. Right after the double click, pull the original game off and the circular part that holds the disc will spin real fast once and quickly put the backup on before it spins again.

3. Wait a couple seconds and the disc will appear to spin counterclockwise for a second then it will do it again. Immediately after the second counterclockwise-like spin, pull the backup off and you will see the circular part spin fast again then replace it with the original before it spins again.

4. The screen will go black after a little more than a second and that is your cue to pull of the original game and insert the backup one last time.

5. Provided you prepared with sticky tack, you should be able to close the lid and enjoy your game.

I have to add that not all games will work by this method. Off the top of my head Black Dawn and the PSX hacker kit disc never work no matter how perfect your timing is. I haven't exactly tried that many games as I only wanted to know how to do this in case I needed to play a backup over at uni and a chipped psx wasn't around. That and its a good party trick. The timing by the way is not that difficult, and the trick should not take more than ten tries to get working.

P.S. I will not be responsible for any damage you may incur by following my advice. Also, I could possibly get a video up an running in the next few days if you need it.
    Last edited by toolboc; 25th-September-2005 at 09:12.