Thread: More Sega Saturn ?'s

Thanks

Default More Sega Saturn ?'s

*WARNING* this is gonna be long and probably full of babble

1. Ive downloaded GiriGiri from Akuma's link and also the BIOS from Akuma's link and when i attempt to start it i get an error "This machine has hardware with no DirectSound support" i click "ok" then it gives me another diag box with chinese/jap/korean symbols....i cant read them. Im just using my motherboards onboard sound plugin...its never given me any problems with any type of games *World of Warcraft Everquest Etc Etc Etc* or with any other emulators....is this the ONLY reason GiriGiri will not work for me? (i believe my PCI slots are fried thats why im using the onboard sound) Also when i run the DirectSound test using Dxdiag it pass's all the tests but the very last thing it says is "My sound card does not support hardware buffering. Sounds will only playback from software buffers." But in the Notes section of the test it says "No problems Found"....take that for what its worth. Remember im not using my own SoundCard because my PCI slots are toast!

2. I then downloaded SSF_007_alpha from someone else's link in the same post that i found Akuma's link...along with the BIOS...now i can actually get this thing running with the BIOS installed....i get the actual Sega Saturn screen going but i cant get the game to play. It acts like it literally wants me to put a CD in my drive and play it from there, is that how this one works? Ive looked through all the options and im just not intelligent enough to figure it out.

Heres the error log from SSF emulator

////************************************************** ****

# Error message list.
    # Please do not change order.

# No.1
    The unknown error occurred.

# No.2
    Please restart SSF.

# No.3
    There is no FPU.

# No.4
    There is no CMOV instruction.

# No.5
    There is no MMX.

# No.6
    There is no SSE.

# No.7
    There is no SSE2.

# No.8
    There is no TSC.

# No.9
    It failed in reading WNASPI32.DLL.

# No.10
    There is no CD drive which can be used.

# No.11
    It failed in reading a file.

# No.12
    It failed in writing a file.

# No.13
    Please set up a BIOS file.

************************************************** ***////

Ive downloaded Shining the Holy Ark and Story of Thor...ive unzipped them and have the .bin and .cue files

Is anyone willing and able to give exact Step-by-Step instructions on how to get the SSF emulation to work...seeing how that one seems to have the best chance. I read the readme text with GiriGiri and it went right over my head...all 800 lines of it.

* Specs: *
    * AMD Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8gigz *
    * ATI Radeon 9600 256 *
    * 512 ram *
    * DirectX 9.0 *
    * Windows xp home *

Ill be posting shortly on why Lunar freeze's up at startup on me with Gens+...im downloading Lunar2 right now to see if it works...if i cant get either one to work then ill make another post asking for help. This is also my first attempt at running Sega CD's.

Thanks,
    The Big Pickle

P.S. Ill edit as soon as i remember what i forgot

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay slow down there man. GiriGiri should work on your PC, I get the same DirectSound message, and it works fine. First off, what game are you trying to run? What country is it from? USA, Japan, Europe? Use the right BIOS according to the region of the game. Next, your game must be in bin+cue format to work with GiriGiri. If it is, simply run the GIRITOOL.EXE program that GiriGiri came with. Now your game must be in the same folder as GiriGiri to work this thing. What you do is select the bin file of the game in the first dialog box, then in the second dialog box, select the country of origin. You still following this? Now push the button that says "Run Gentoc". Then push the button with the Saturn logo on it. It should run now. You might have to fiddle with some button configuration for a joypad or your keyboard, but that's pretty simple so I won't go into it. Just run the GLaunch.exe for all that and the screen resolution.

Thanks

Im trying to get Shining the Holy Ark to work thats the only reason why im trying to get a Sega Saturn Emulator to work.
    I downloaded it from Zonesega *all french* from your links (Akuma) and i downloaded the (U) version BIOS.
    Then only thing i can get to do anything in the GiriGiri folder is the Glauncher...i doubleclick it and it brings up a diag box that says "To begin using GiriGiri click the image below"...i click it and i get the above posted error. The same diag box shows my comp specs and allows me to set my controller also...

Im abou to leave for work so i wont be able to reply until i get home

P.S. I dont see GIRITOOL.EXE maybe thats my problem...got a bad download or something
    Last edited by picklesnipper; 7th-September-2005 at 17:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by picklesnipper
    Im trying to get Shining the Holy Ark to work thats the only reason why im trying to get a Sega Saturn Emulator to work.
    I downloaded it from Zonesega *all french* from your links (Akuma) and i downloaded the (U) version BIOS.
    Then only thing i can get to do anything in the GiriGiri folder is the Glauncher...i doubleclick it and it brings up a diag box that says "To begin using GiriGiri click the image below"...i click it and i get the above posted error. The same diag box shows my comp specs and allows me to set my controller also...

Im abou to leave for work so i wont be able to reply until i get home
    You're getting that error cuz you didn't do what I said to do in my post above. You have to run the GIRITOOL.EXE before you can do anything. Also, the BIOS file must be unzipped into the same folder where the emulator and game is. Try that, then post your results.

EDIT- Oh the GiriTool wasn't packed with it. I thought it was. Lemme go find a link for it or I'll attach here somehow. brb.

EDIT 2- here's the link: http://www.zophar.net/frontends/saturn.html
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 7th-September-2005 at 17:35.

Thanks

How do i post a pic right here? I downloaded snagit and captured 2 pics...one of my girigiri folder with everything in it and one of the error that i get just so you can double check myself. *i clicked the "insert image" button but it gives me the Explorer User Prompt and asks for "text"... /boggle

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Click the Manage Attachments button, then upload your pictures.

If your pictures are too large in size, then you can use a freeware picture editor like IrfanView to reduce their size:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

Thanks

Lets see if this works
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

The GiriGiri error...after it tells me about the sound error
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    EP Points

How do i post a pic right here? I downloaded snagit and captured 2 pics...one of my girigiri folder with everything in it and one of the error that i get just so you can double check myself. *i clicked the "insert image" button but it gives me the Explorer User Prompt and asks for "text"... /boggle
    You didn't even need to get snagit, the PrintScreen button on your keyboard would've done the job just fine. Just push it when you need a snapshot, then open up the Paint shop program, paste the image in there and save as JPG.
    The GiriGiri error...after it tells me about the sound error
    The error is because you are not using the right BIOS. Figure out what region the game was made for and use the right one. It needs to be in the GiriGiri folder and it must have the name BIOS.BIN.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 9th-September-2005 at 12:02.

Thanks

hello akuma, i am having problems with getting a saturn emulator running also. first off i downloaded the saturn emulators package that included 3 emulators, cassini, ssf, and girgiri, i take it from your posts above girigiri is the one i should be running. i also got the girigiri tool from the link you posted above.

i just got dragonforce and albert odyssey, i unzipped them and for dragon force i got a wmv a cue file and another winrar file. i put the folder into the girigiri tool folder and also copied the usa/canada bio into the folder as well. i then mounted the cue file onto a virtual drive and opened the girigiri tool. i followed the steps you gave and it didn't do anything a huge amount of bin files popped out i just chose the one that said DF. i am obviosly making a mistake somewhere here and i was wondering if you could give more detailed instructions from like step one.

also i used the akuma card alot in the neo geo capcom vs snk card battle. i loved that game

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, first, you don't need to mount the game image to use the giritool. Just make sure that the image is in BIN+CUE format. If it's ISO+WAV format, which from what you stated above it sounds like it is, it needs to be converted to the other. So you need to download Alcohol 120%, and you can get the free trial version here http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/download_120.php. After you install it (you might need to restart the pc after this), mount the image using the CUE that you got, but before you do that, open the CUE using Notepad and inspect the contents, it should look similar to this for an ISO+WAV format:

FILE "Panzer Dragoon Saga - Disc 4.iso" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    POSTGAP 00:02:00
    FILE "Panzer Dragoon Saga - Disc 4 02.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    FILE "Panzer Dragoon Saga - Disc 4 03.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
    FILE "Panzer Dragoon Saga - Disc 4 04.wav" WAVE
    TRACK 04 AUDIO

If there is anything in it that points to a MP3, then the CUE is messed up and needs to be edited accordingly.

Now, if your using Daemon tools to mount the game make sure the Analog Sound option is checkmarked, if you mounted the game using Alcohol then no worries. Okay, now on to how to convert the image...

First run Alcohol and select the Image Making Wizard.

Select the Virtual Drive the game is mounted on, and make sure all the settings are like the pic below. Click Next.

Select the output directory, the name of the file, and the CDRWIN output type. Click Start. That makes the BIN+CUE.

Now that you have the BIN image, place it into your GiriGiri main directory. Now run GiriTool.exe, select the BIN file, select the games region in the drop-down box, and click Run Gentoc. That generates the TOC file (Table Of Contents).

Now run GLAUNCH.exe. Set up your keyboard or controller, video output, etc., then click on the box on the left that says "Click here when you are finished."

Now if the game is supported by GiriGiri, it should run, as long as you are using the correct BIOS. If you get a little pop-up window with a bunch of Japanese looking spiel, just exit the emulator and try a different region BIOS, and run the GiriTool again and select the corresponding region. Also, if you get a pop-up bitching about not having some DirectX sound support, just ignore it.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 15th-September-2005 at 19:11.