Page 388 of 440 FirstFirst ... 288338378383384385386387388389390391392393398438 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 6591

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ great game.
    if you have a computer (low specs) search for 'KIxxx1.2 RC2 PC' by SPPV.
    it uses the cabinet harddisk images for it's rom bank.
    there's an xbox original version too.
    both works great after a little tweaking.
    beat lemmings, and thanks to whdload, i didn't have to write down every password for levels advanced.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Still on the arcade front, I just finished The Legend of Silkroad, a Korean attempt at doing the arcade D&D games, only with 3D models that look like they were made for the Dreamcast and some cheap bosses to consume coinage.

The Fairyland Story, which is like Bubble Bobble, only the last ten or so levels are total bullshit and designed to make you game over constantly because of how broken and unfair they are. I don't think anybody tested them.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 10th-December-2016 at 12:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

F1 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    F1 2016

Now don't pull a Rosberg and keep going!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Now don't pull a Rosberg and keep going!
    I should have made an F1 game my 44th!

I planned to do F1 as #50, but I ballsed it all up.

Thanks

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, minimum health run on hard mode. & before that I finished the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Arcade Game Series: Ms Pac-Man

Thanks
    EP Points

Pokemon Sun 100%. Definitely the easiest pokemon game to complete thus far with only 300 mons everything is available in-game unless its exclusive which is nice. The experience as a whole is definitely the best thus far in the series hands down but some things that were suitable for veteran players have been altered or removed making it difficult to deal with even something as simple as growing berries.

I don't want to list all the things wrong with it to make it seem like I have a negative impression so I'll safely say I can recommend this game to anyone new or old to the franchise there are a couple things that you may not like but it's few and far between with the good stuff.

Give a lot and take a little that's the best way I can summarize.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Life is Strange.
    Bae>Bay, but I had to respect Bae's wishes

Thanks
    EP Points

Knights Contract on Page difficulty. Will be replaying the game on Hexen Knight next.

Thanks
    EP Points

Dragons dogma. Actually quite a fun game once you get into it, it is a bit cheap in places and does require you to do a lot of grinding. I've got to do a second playthrough for the I would have done this sooner but had a go on the DLC part which is I didn't need to

Thanks
    EP Points

I just spent a few hours earning the last handful of trophies i needed to plat Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. It has become my 23rd .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know exactly why you'd want to bootleg a console game and make it an arcade game, but they did it with Sonic Blast Man 2 Special Turbo. It's just the original, so it's still decent.

Still on the arcade front is Sonic Boom from Sega. Back in 1987. A terribly generic top down shooter with bombs and all that, it really had no personality to it at all.

Sorcer Striker, on the other hand, has style and flair all its own. A fun romp through a high tech and high fantasy setting.

Kingdom Grandprix, the follow up to Sorcer Striker, is a rather curious mix of shooter and racing game. Lots of reused bosses and locations from the first game, yet most of them aren't actually reused assets, which is nice.

Air Assault has at least a neat gimmick for the final boss as a multiple stage air fortress. But the rest of the game is pretty much your standard top down shooter.

Battle Garegga has a really neat way of getting bombs by collecting bullets from destroyed enemies. But good lord, the rank management in this game is important...

Air Attack by a Korean company called Comad who do not know how to do top down shooters. Your ship is far too large, the enemy ships are far too large, half the weapons are terrible, several sages look like you're flying over a city made in SimCity 2000, there's about four enemies total in the game (and one of them only appears in the last two stages) and half of any given stage is devoid of any action, making you feel that the stages are exceedingly long.

Then this happened. Yes, they put the Earth into this one area five times.

Air Gallet, which has the weirdest final boss I've seen in one of these games.

Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars is a pretty generic run and jump game without any kind of satisfying ending... or any ending at all, outside of an "The End" screen. No climax, no real reason why you're doing anything.

And it wouldn't be a Japanese game without something like this.

Alien Sector, brutal and hard as nails. The final boss is also a weird thing where you need to be swallowed to kill it. Sort of like how to do extra damage to the Queen Metroid, you need to go into its maw and blow up its insides.

And your character, clad in a space suit and a gun shooting aliens is a female. A year or so before Samus. Hmm... perhaps they took some inspiration from this...

Alien Storm, set all of the aliens on fire!

Alien 3: The Gun, a game that had almost nothing to do with the actual film and had a massive downer of an ending. But it was still fun.

Replayed Alligator Hunt for the first time in a few years... and good lord. It's made by a Spanish company that was aiming so hard for a stereotypical 90s vibe that it hurt. Kid as the hero on a skateboard with a backwards cap on a skateboard and the "soundtrack" is exactly one poor attempt at sorta rock that it made Sonic Chronicles on the DS sound amazing. The voices are also something special, with the kid sounding like a 30 year old man speaking poor English.

But hey, at least you get orders from a buxom blonde lady with a serious case of DSL.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 17th-December-2016 at 09:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just beat Majin and the Forsaken kingdom and got my 24th

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Andro Dunos for the arcade, a meh space shooter with a meh gimmick where you could switch between multiple weapons on the fly and power them up. They also had charged versions of said weapons.

Aqua Jack, one of those rare water based hovercraft shooters.

Rapid Hero, which has the neat concept that the boss of every level is the same guy, only in various different ship/weapon suits.

Arkanoid, a classic that doesn't need much said about it.

And then the follow up, Arkanoid: Revenge of Doh.

Arkanoid Returns, which oddly had no bosses. I don't feel like playing the PS1 version that has 200 levels just for bosses...

Asura Blade: Sword of Dynasty, a rather generic fighter...

... and its follow up, Asura Buster: Eternal Warriors, which is just as generic.

The game is just as terrible as the title screen.

Avengers in Galactic Storm, which was truly awful.

Avenging Spirit, a game with an interesting concept of being able to possess your enemies to use them for combat.
    Last edited by Aeolus Aeneas; 19th-December-2016 at 17:07.