Page 322 of 440 FirstFirst ... 222272312317318319320321322323324325326327332372422 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 6589

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Thanks
    EP Points

Zelda Oracle of Ages and Seasons Linked Quest. For those who don't or do already know you get a password at the end of the main game for these two guys and they let you link up with the opposite games find out secrets and beat up Ganon. And wow was it hard!!!! The Hero's Cave was also a nice edition which got my head all jumbled especially the Ages one x_X.

These games all together in its entirety wasn't as good as I had hoped for (not saying it was bad it just wasnt as good as Links Awakening). But I appreciate its replayability alot and other games especially ones connected to each other should feature similar ways to keep playing both games.

These games deserve a 8 out of 10 for all that it offers except sound I believe the music could of been improved.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Suikoden Tierkreis

As far as a Suikoden game goes, definitely on the lower end, but very good otherwise. The battle mechanics are much smoother and easier here than in any of the past games in the series, and introducing an MP bar instead of having a limited number of spells was a stroke of genius. Unfortunately, the battles felt much more simplistic, with damage sponge bosses and dirt simple tactics. Status aliments besides unbalance and paralysis aren't worth it, and you can avoid most every status aliment yourself by simply having a party member that can cast something like magic canopy. However, you can finally change character weapons and even gain the option to dual wield. There's a lot of customization details like that.

The story is good, but not quite Suikoden good. There's no complex or bloody political stuff once you leave the Magedom; it's pretty standard fare JRPG save the world stuff after, and the ultimate big bad is sort of lame. That said, there's a good use of cultural misunderstands and exploring all the various people and countries. The world feels much richer than usual, whichh makes sense on account of [SPOILER RETRACTED]. And don't worry about the MC unable to travel to other worlds; the game doesn't forget it just introduced the fucking multiverse, it's just biding its time for later in a really unexpected way.

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK SHAMS AND TAJ WOULD MAKE A WONDERFUL HOMOSEXUAL COUPLE, YOU HAVE NO SOUL

Oh, two other things; the English dub has a few good actors and a whole lot of absolute ineptitude, and getting all the stars of destiny only adds a scene at the end with a minor supporting character and hints at some more stuff about the main character you probably already figured out. You only get a bad ending if you don't use good old Final Fantasy logic of believing in yourself towards the end of the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

God of War II (Vita)

Brilliant stuff! Dunno why I'd never played this one all the way through until now! God of War III makes more sense now as well

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown 100%

Hate this game, feels so clunky. But I'm not a fighting fan anyway. I'm a button masher extraordinaire
    Last edited by Inferno.; 16th-August-2014 at 11:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    God of War II (Vita)

Brilliant stuff! Dunno why I'd never played this one all the way through until now! God of War III makes more sense now as well
    Looks like you're trying to plat this one.

Resonance of Fate
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Looks like you're trying to plat this one.

Resonance of Fate
    Wrong! It looks more doable than GoW1 though (but saying that my second ever play through of it was only 6 hours - I bet shaving an hour and a bit off wouldn't be too bad.)

Thanks
    EP Points

Wrong! It looks more doable than GoW1 though (but saying that my second ever play through of it was only 6 hours - I bet shaving an hour and a bit off wouldn't be too bad.)
    Why not just do it all the way? since there are only 3 trophies left for the plat.. DO IT NAWWWWWWWW!!!111!!1! I INSIST!!

(hopefully you're good with challenge of the titan mode)
    vc3 released.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Why not just do it all the way? since there are only 3 trophies left for the plat.. DO IT NAWWWWWWWW!!!111!!1! I INSIST!!

(hopefully you're good with challenge of the titan mode)
    I'm shit at all hack and slash games, I just mash buttons and hope for the best.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sonic & Secret Rings and Sonic & Black Knight true ending. Awhile back I finished these craptastic games however I hadn't known another ending existing and here I was ready to trash these games forever and ever.

So then I got myself two flash drives and took on these games for one more time to take care of business and managed it really well except Black Knight that is. So I didn't know what happened but prior to revisiting these games I had liked Black Knight more and now I further question my judgement.

Although the Wiimo sideways is not the kind of control method I'd use for Secret Rings it manages to outbest its Nunchuk counterpart Black Knight (don't bother tell me you can use Classic Controller I know already and I don't have one so sorry). In Black Knight your swarmed with enemies therefore you do ALOT of Wiimo swinging and its NOT that good especially when you realize just shaking it crazily usually works out.

In Secret Rings you only need to use the Wiimo to turn, move backwards, and use the Homing Attack now granted the movement can be easily broken by unresponsive Wiimo's but I managed to get into the game easier then Black Knight.

Speaking of which when I first started out Black Knight I was so confused on what to do as if I never played the game before, with Secret Rings it was laid out very simply: You choose one of the seven worlds (call em what you want) and choose a mission. On Black Knight we got this world map and not saying its hard to figure out it just was so much for me to take in at one time I had just started picking random levels hoping things would work out.

There's alot more I wanna say but I feel like I'll go on forever so I'll just finish with my review score. Secret Rings gets a 6.5 out of 10 and Black Knight gets a 5 out of 10 because using the sword is not a necessary edition to the Sonic series.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Beat God of War I on the God of War collection.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGuitar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

God of War II (Vita)

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown 100%

Hate this game, feels so clunky. But I'm not a fighting fan anyway. I'm a button masher extraordinaire
    I love fighting games and I can't stand VF. So I don't think that's the reason.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just finished the Injustice: Gods Among Us story for the 2nd time. Still as good as the first!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Flower, Sun, and Rain (DS)

I miss old SUDA 51, before he tried making games that normal people would like. Him being up his own ass is way more interesting and entertaining than the whole middle school grindhouse thing he's doing now that just feels copied from every other western game developer who loves ultraviolence ever. This game is a mess with a plot that makes no sense, but that's somehow the point, and it becomes weirdly engrossing the longer it goes on. He's never going to make a game as truly obtuse as this ever again and that makes me sad.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Call of Duty World at War

Spoiler warning:
    I expected the campaign on veteran to have some tough parts (namely Heart of the Reich) as I've played this before on 360. God knows how many times I died
    I also thought the Blue Ribbon trophy would be very hard for me to get because I have a heap of lag, but after only 5 or so random games I got the highest score by a substantial margin. It was on Blowtorch and Corkscrew recruit difficulty and all I did was run through ahead of the other players hardly using firearms at all. Nearly like a run for the Kamikaze trophy really Got revived a couple of times but that was fine I didn't lose my lead.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

Other than some bugs and glitches, it's just as good as it was last year when it came out

Not sure if I'm going to try and do a little trophy hunting, since I've played the bejesus out of this thing on PS3, but I do need to at least check out the DLC. I never did play it previously.

Besides, I hear Metro HD is out now, as well as Diablo 3 for PS4 - might have to snag those and do a little gaming this weekend.