Page 138 of 440 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 6591

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I mean, I've heard that when you die in DNF the game literally reloads the entire level again, but Sonic 06 loads the entire level again for boss fights, and entire hub worlds for missions, even though you only access small portions of them. And I know this because I've seen people glitching out of the invisible walls of boss fights and literally wander the unpopulated hubs that were coded to load for no good reason other than it was programmed by lemurs.

No offense to any actual lemurs out there who may have learned to use a computer, learn English and are on this forum.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    I mean, I've heard that when you die in DNF the game literally reloads the entire level again, but Sonic 06 loads the entire level again for boss fights, and entire hub worlds for missions, even though you only access small portions of them. And I know this because I've seen people glitching out of the invisible walls of boss fights and literally wander the unpopulated hubs that were coded to load for no good reason other than it was programmed by lemurs.

No offense to any actual lemurs out there who may have learned to use a computer, learn English and are on this forum.
    lol, that's pretty shocking, I'm tempted to play it now just for fun

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh, Sonic 06 can be all kinds of fun if you go into it expecting some awful things to happen. Like the one glitch where you literally get launched into the air, keep flying up, watch the land vanish, reach the end of the game world and literally fly into space (sadly they didn't code stars or the Moon), only to suddenly fall into infinity as the game realizes that you're outside coded game territory and has to kill you so that it can reload the entire fight.

Not that I would suggest you actually pay any kind of money for that game.

Thanks

Recently downloaded and beat both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Took me awhile because I downloaded more than 40 GB of mods for both of them.

Other than that, recently re-beat Half-life, Duke Nukem 3D, Titan Quest, Halo, Crysis, and Morrowind.

Thanks

Finally got around to beating
    1.) Rygar(NES)
    2.) Demon's Crest(SNES)

Playing BOF III(again) and anything NES/SNES to kill some time

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Recettear

Please visit my blog
    Sorry for my bad English

Thanks

I would have beaten Final Fantasy VIII but ultimecia's castle annoyed me too much and i don't know if I'll continue to play it
    Last edited by chris10023; 21st-August-2011 at 17:42.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ultimecia is on FF VIII not 7. Just unlock the GF first, that's what I did back then

Please visit my blog
    Sorry for my bad English

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pac-Man (Arranged Version) - Namco Museum Battle Collection (PSP) and yea it has a credit screen and everything

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
    Ultimecia is on FF VIII not 7. Just unlock the GF first, that's what I did back then
    Oops I meant 8 not 7, and i do have all the GF's and Max stats

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Demon's Souls

Honestly, after farming souls for about twelve hours straight the other day to buff up my stats, NG+ wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be. There was the obvious damage increase that I noticed, but beyond that, I could still take down most of the guys with just a couple of hits. Of course, having a very, very high defense melee character probably helped in that. Ended up getting the platinum about a quarter of the way through NG++.

And I think it was Ray who said getting the Pure Bladestone was going to cause me to rage, but that was actually the first Best Of... weapon path that I finished. Got it after about thirty attempts. I had a harder time finding Chunks of Cloudstone than I did getting the Pure Bladestone. Hence the twelve hours farming noted above.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

After (and due to) an amusing misunderstanding, I ended up finishing Princess Waltz fairly recently. I mostly persisted because it was apparently noted as the greatest thing since Fate/stay Night, and I'm perfectly willing to play an indecent game if it has a decent story (and a skip button). It really wasn't that great, though. I think it was probably because it was closer to a kinetic novel than a dating sim or more dynamic visual novel. The two big surprises seemed a bit forced. There wasn't that much of a good romantic element, I think; not all of the pairings really "clicked" for me, per se, and if you think of how all the blood relations actually tie together, things get...rather weird. The princess of Wisley kinda jumps into the story out of nowhere without adequate build-up (a couple of appearances) for the last couple chapters (with another "twist" anyone could see coming, and all the characterization of any background character), and she never gets any revealed characterization unless you follow her route for the last two chapters. I did kind of like Liesel's and Liliana's characterizations because you can see how they progress throughout the story, though; I'm a bit ambivalent towards the whole "sheltered lily androphobe" archetype of Suzushiro (not to mention the obvious "lolicon bait" element there), and Angela might have worked if she had interacted with the main characters a bit more in the first half of the story, even if it was through battle, instead of just getting shunted aside for training. I mean, it is pretty blatantly a straightforward shounen story, and that kind of story element is rather common in the genre. That actually probably the most fundamental reason it never clicked for me. I just don't bother with that genre very often, comparatively speaking, unless I get ambushed as with Nanoha.

On that note, I should continue playing Princess Debut, which was the actual game I was looking for originally. As astonishing as it may be, Viennese waltzes are actually a bit difficult, especially if you have no innate sense of rhythm.

Thanks
    EP Points

Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension

First Platinum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thats uhh...childrens show, right?