Page 200 of 440 FirstFirst ... 100150190195196197198199200201202203204205210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 6591

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

Mass Effect 3.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Final Fantasy III -DS.

Thanks

Cave Story for the 5000th time. Yeah, I keep track

Also, seeing as I won't be able to do anything for six weeks, I beat Stage Mode of Little Fighter 2, and also beat Warcraft III.
    HP: 454 / 1816

Thanks
    EP Points

The Darkness II.

So I knew it was short, but I didn't know it was that short.

Overall an enjoyable game though, worth the £18 it cost me? Nope. So glad I didn't fork out £40 for it on release day.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pokemon Ruby,

Need to finish that game you all praise called Mass Effect one but it seems every 3 times i die i take a break.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Super Mario Bros on my 3DS. (Yes the NES Original. )

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just finished Lollipop Chainsaw. The main story is very, very short, depending on the difficulty you play on (since there are no difficulty trophies, I played through it on Normal, because I hate starting games on Hard).

It's... interesting. Brief review below (warning: potential spoilers).

Spoiler warning:

The actual game is pretty much exactly what it marketed itself to be: a hack-n-slash zombie comedy about a cheerleader with huge tits. In that regard, it delivered quite nicely. I came into this not expecting much in the way of storyline and to have to put up with a main character who was essentially a ditz for the next eight hours or so, and that's pretty much exactly what I got. I didn't read too much about the game before I started playing it -- really I just watched the teaser trailer from when it was announced and a couple other trailers for it over the last few months -- so I wasn't aware of how central alternative/punk rock was to the general storyline, which was a nice surprise. I knew that Jimmy Urine (of Mindless Self Indulgence fame) worked on some of the music for the game, but that's about as far as I had gotten.

The general storyline is: cheerleader goes to school on her birthday. The school has been overrun with zombies. The cheerleader then pulls a chainsaw out of her backpack and proceeds to fuck up said zombies while saving her classmates. Without getting into specifics, that's about as complicated as the game gets, at least for the first five stages. I was actually pleasantly surprised that the story does kind of pick up a bit in the last couple of chapters, and takes a slightly more serious route. It's still nothing outstanding (fairly standard storyline for a B-list Hollywood movie, which is kind of what this game plays out like), but it's there nonetheless. I also liked some of the pop culture references that they toss in there. It's unfortunate that in 10 years, if anyone plays this game then, a lot of those references will probably be lost on them. Oh well.

Basically, the story plays a lot like the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, except replace Buffy with Juliet and Vampire with Zombie. Seriously, if you've seen the first season of Buffy, that's pretty much exactly how this game plays out (the endings are different, though).

The controls are... decent. A little bit clunky for a hack-n-slash game, which kind of makes me sad. When you're going through and spamming attacks against walls of zombies, it gets rather repetitive, even with picking up new combos. All of the attacks feel heavy, and they either don't reach as far as you would expect or go on much longer than you prefer. I had a couple of moments where I was trying to do a combo and was hitting the buttons rhythmically, but the combo wouldn't go off because I was too slow. Then moments after that, I was trying to stop a combo, so I deliberately didn't push anything for about three seconds, then pushed a different attack, and I carried right into a combo. Finding the butter zone for really feeling the controls can be challenging.

Thankfully, the game itself isn't very challenging. Now, I played through it on Normal, so I wasn't really trying to get myself destroyed during this, but during my first playthrough (I haven't started my second yet), I did not die until Level 4 of 6. That's over halfway through the game. And that's just unacceptable. It's not that the game holds your hand as much as Juliet's attacks are massively overpowered against her enemies, and their attacks barely do anything. I think the closest I got to dying from actual zombie attacks was down to about a quarter health. This is a very easy game.

Oh! And there are QTEs! Lots of them! None of them are hard, although some of them can be a bit confusing. Thankfully there are only a few that you can fail outright and die from -- most others you just get hurt, or can't reach some special point where you get more medals or one of the special lollipop wrappers (for us trophy whores). Still, there are a lot of them.

There is, however, a lot to do after the game if you're looking for more, or if you're an achievement/trophy whore. I've still got at least two more playthroughs ahead of me, which should go at least a little bit faster since I know the game and whatnot now. There are lots of chapter specific trophies that you can go for. And there is a "Ranked Mode," where you can compete online against other people's scores to see who can do the best in each stage. Admittedly, since it's a worldwide leaderboard, chances are the vast majority of us who play the game will never see ourselves in the top ten, let alone the Top 100, but it's something to strive for if you're looking for a bit more out of it.

There really isn't much else to tell. I absolutely adore the art style, but I'm a sucker for celshading. It has a campy, B-movie style humour which I find endearing. The controls are decent, but not great. There's enough to do to keep you occupied, but it's not really a super long game. You can probably blaze through the storyline in about 6 hours playing on Easy or Normal, maybe 7-8 playing on Hard (I don't know how much harder Hard mode is). You'll chuckle a few times, you'll shake your head a few times, and you'll probably enjoy it. At least for the first playthrough.

Okay, without reading the actual full "review" (there aren't really any spoilers, I don't think), here's the general take on it:

Is it fun? Yes.
    Does it control well? Decent enough. You'll get used to it.
    Is there lots to do? Not really, no. You can get through the story mode in about 6-8 hours.
    Should I buy it at full price? Probably not.
    ... but Drag, why not? The game is really short. And if you only play a game once and then never touch it again, you'll finish with this one in an afternoon. The story is only about 6-8 hours long. There's plenty more to do after you beat the game, but it all revolves around playing the game again but in slightly different iterations (going for 1000GS/, competing in Ranked Mode). There's nothing beyond the main story.

Overall, I enjoyed the game. I knew it wasn't going to be a $60 title going into it, but I'm still happy with the purchase. It's a fun, mindless zombie killing game that doesn't take itself too seriously, and I found it rather endearing. If I had to give it a rating... probably 7/10. I wish there was more for me to do outside of going for the , because I do want to spend more time with this. Maybe there will be future storylines released via DLC. I would probably buy those.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Darkness 2 in one sitting on The Don difficulty. So easy.

#8 shall soon be mine.

EDIT: The Darkness 2

My thoughts on the game: Not so good. Gameplay is good fun. Graphics are nice, but definitely aren't suited to the Darkness like the original game's graphics were. The storyline was OK for the most part, the parts around Jenny and aunt Sarah etc. But the shit with Victor and the Siphon were total crap. As was the hospital sections.

Yeah on the whole, a big let down for me. The original Darkness is one of my favourite games of this generation. The Darkness II just isn't at all that good. Probably a 6/10 at the most. Also those vendetta missions were bloody boring as hell.

Oh yeah, I didn't like how there was only one darkling, and it was a British darkling for some reason? It really irritated me.
    As did the constant over the top swearing. For the sake of swearing.
    Last edited by Inferno.; 17th-June-2012 at 16:02.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Time Hollow. It's a good DS game. Not really worth full-price, but it's a good game with a decent original plot and the animation for the cutscenes (especially the fully animated music-video intro) is really good. I normally hate time-travel (thanks Chrono Trigger) but when I force myself not to think about it too much, I can bear it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The Darkness 2 yadda yadda yadda
    A buddy of mine tried to convince me to pick those games up. I played a little bit of the first one from his file, but I didn't know what the fuck I was doing so I didn't really enjoy it that much. From what I've heard the storyline is actually pretty good in the first game, and I was toying with trying it and picking up the second one. I think it's just moved down my list a fair ways.

Thanks

Deus Ex Human Revolution, 5th playthrough, this is my third time playing through the game with the debug menu and a trainer. EPIC game!! Words cannot describe the perfectness of this game so I'll try to put it in perspective... It's better than my first kiss AND my first game console ever (N64) with all the good games and a gameshark.

Also; Uncharted Golden Abyss, Unit 13, Tales From Space Mutant Blobs Attack, Rayman Origins, Call of duty Modern Warfare 1, 2, and 3 (in order), Conduit, Conduit 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Super Mario 3D land (up to world 7 in the secret levels and worlds 1-7 in regular levels have all star coins), VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy (not dark world), Fallout 1, 2, 3, and New Vegas, and Skyrim in the past 6 months. How so many games? I have no life and seed my grandparents .
    Last edited by loismustdie555; 18th-June-2012 at 02:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. First off, what the fuck kind of ending was that? I'll have to play Revelations now. Or read the Wiki.

Anyway, I enjoyed it just as much as I did the previous one. It had a select few frustrating bits/missions (seen by the enemy for 2 seconds? INSTANT GAME OVER, TRY AGAIN), and the fact that there's only one city is kind of a bummer, but other than that I had a blast with it. Did the majority of sidequests as well.

Thanks

Rygar, NES, Real Hardware (as always). not exactly the most well built game in the world, but it was fun!
    Rabid Media Online!
    Check out original artwork and games by ME!!!

Thanks

DA2. Meh.