Thread: Help understanding console SFX, track.

Thanks

Question Help understanding console SFX, track.

If you got a console and knows how much quality sound weighs you might be able to help me understanding why. especially OST guru might oready found it out long ago. hope can share your knowledge with me.

1)About Listening Abilty:
    from case to case download games ratio like 100:3 (i mean from the whole world wide web and network)
    for every 100 games i download theres normally 3 game or more with some tracks missing, i mean they are in the cue file. they just won't played in the console. but they do in the most popular emulator "epsxe" in formed of IMG but the problem is i don't use that to play games.

i couldn't figure out what is the reason? i have checked it isn't something wrong with my console. tested same download, from another user to different model console happen to have a silence track there. Do you know why?

2)About Audio Quality:
    This time the ratio is higher, it is about 100:10 (for every 100,10 seems to have bad quality audio) I didn't mean error files, or freezing, skipped sec... even they are at 0 Error claimed to be quality release. they having low quality blasting sound, or so called low bitrate. (it giving you a feeling someone who had the original source or person after, before redistrubuting, have lowered or coverted the audio) I had check that particular game. it has quite high rating sound quality on fansites. I have also checked output to either TV-speaker or floor-standing-speaker. no matter what the sound is still bad. so it doesn't seems that problem comes from my speaker. There is people who claims is those game producer made those sound badly but lastly this low quality problem have not occur at all for my past bought 300+ games from store.

-About (Q1) is that possible someone dump the media-type Game wrongly? or is there other possibilty?

-About (Q2) is that really someone who reluctant to send full performance of that media or wanted to reduce the quality of it so that file is smaller? or is there other possibilty?

Hope you can give me some knowledge of this. and cure my curiosity.
    Thanks for reading even you are unable to answer them. sorry for my bad english and typo.
    Last edited by hayato1; 3rd-September-2005 at 16:23.