Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange Friends

Mikey_ Guest

Default Strange Friends

In class, there's a presentation that is going to be shown tomorrow. It's done it groups and my group consists of 5 people: Joe, Manny, Craffen, Amauris and myself. We all get along, at least that's the impression I get everytime we hang out and talk. The project is we're to order computer parts and build a computer TOGETHER and present the final product. We have no limitations as far as how much we can spend on the parts...we're not really spending money, and so far we've ran up a 40, 000 dollar tab. lol. Anyway, Joe and Manny decide to go on and handle things themselves and leave me, Craffen and Amauris out of it since they're such experts with computers. Frankly I have no problem with it; I know them both and know well enough that they know what they're doing so I trust them. However, since I technically had no part in the project, I decided to call up Joe today and ask him what I'd need to know for the presentation tomorrow so I don't look like a moron if asked any questions. He responded with: "I'll email you all the info in an hour...". So that's cool. Craffen knows what's up with the project also, but Amauris doesn't.

Now, Amauris and I are good friends. The same can be said about the other 3 and I. That's why it came as such a shock to me when I asked Joe: "What about Amauris? Does he know what's going on for tomorrow?". Joe's reply was something along the lines of...no he doesn't know, I don't really care either 'cuz I can't stand that kid, none of us can. This was all knew to me because we all get along. At least that's what it looked like.

Now, our professor said that if he notices that any members of the groups doesn't seem to know what they're talking about or seems ignorant on the subject of the project, they individually will get a failing grade. When Joe made the comments about Amauris, I thought that was pretty fucked up. I wanted to defend Amauris because we're cool like that. Instead I stepped back and thought for a minute. I thought maybe I should call up Amauris and let him know some info once I get it about the presentation tomorrow, but he doesn't even have a computer or laptop to access the info I'd send him.

Anyway, I feel like this is drifting in so many directions. I think it's messed up what Joe thinks of Amauris but I'm glad he's allowing letting me know what I need for tomorrow. Now I'm kind of nervous because everyone including Amauris knows that I had no part in the purchasing of the computer parts for the project. Amauris is in no way shape or form ready for the presentation but I will be. If he wants to he can go and mention that I didn't participate in the project just like him if he gets a failing grade. Should I be nervous? Should I fill him in on what Joe and Co. think of him? I don't know what to do! lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've never heard of names like Craffen and Amauris before. >>

Mikey_ Guest

lol. Neither have I. Craffen's last name sounds french. I don't know how to spell it but, I'll just spell it how it sounds: Doo-pleh-sis. Ah well. Amauris is Dominican. I think his name has something to do with the word Love in spanish. Not sure.

Thanks

Well you could secretly give Amauris the information you were given before the presentation if you have time beforehand for preparation.

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Mikey_ Guest

That's what I'm thinking of doing, however, he has no computer to access the info and I'm not about to spend a huge amount of time on the phone explaining everything. If I did go about it that way I'd have to tell him why it's hush hush that I'm telling him the info and he'll wonder why...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know who any of these people are, but I already like this Amauris kid. Even if your partners dislike someone, they shouldn't actively try to fail that person. I'd say to give him the information anyways and bugger what the others think. I don't know if I'd mention the dislike the others hold for him, though.

Did Amauris do something to the others that would make them dislike him so much, that you could think of? It is a bit odd for something like this to come out of nowhere, even if it's certainly not unheard of...

Thanks

I think you should give Amauris the info coz otherwise he'll fail. Maybe you can tell him to drop by your house and you can give him a printout or something.

By the way, don't you think your other friends might not like it that you gave the info to Amauris coz from the looks of it, they really want him to fail.

Edit: Yes, Himiko is right

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Mikey_ Guest

Kimiko, thanks for the advice. I do want to give him the info. I have no idea why they dislike him so. He's always been cool and friendly. Although sometimes it seems he tries too hard to be cool and sometimes comes off as fake. Rav, I don't think they care if he passes or fails. I mean, they didn't out right and tell me NOT to give him the info, but Joe very much made it clear that he doesn't care and has a dislike for him. I honestly don't know where it comes from because Joe too sometimes comes off as fake.

Thanks

If you want my opinion, I would suggest you to be "neutral". Give the info to Amauris and if the other guys ask why did you do it, you can say "I just did what I felt right"

But you know the thing is, are you ready to risk your friendship with the other guys just for Amauris ??? Is Amauris worth it ???

I've been into these kinda situations before and I always try to remain "neutral" and maintain friendship with everyone

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Mikey_ Guest

This sucks. I don't enjoy being friends with people and they themselves don't get along with one another. Amauris is working now, and works late so I don't know if he'd be up for coming over to get a print out of the info.

Thanks

Yeah, give him the info. But also don't try to hide the fact you do it or anything. If they wanted to try and do all the work themselves, fine whatever. But then they shouldn't leave someone else behind.

Mikey_ Guest

Yeah. I thought it was kind of bad that Joe and Manny went off and did the entire thing themselves and not let the rest of the group in on updates and other things.

Thanks

Sounds like something that would happen in an all-girls place

I know whatever had to happen would've by now, but honestly, you don't necessarily have to tell Amarius (what does his name mean anyway) what everyone else thinks of me, which btw was rude of this boy to, and it's a group thing by the end of it. Hopefully things went off fine and Amarius was ok.

Thanks

Give Amaruis enough info that he couldn't be failed. Just stuff that your 3 friends would expect anyone to know.

your joking about that 40,000 dollar tab right?
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Hammer
    your joking about that 40,000 dollar tab right?
    Ditto. (one of those few rare moments in history where I agree with Paladin Hammer)
    Also, is that really true? b/c you said you're not going to be spending anything:/